• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN lately

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Did anyone else notice CNN no longer does news but only talks about Trump?

For the amount of time they spend talking about him, you'd figure he was paying them for the press. :D

But, yeah... They haven't been doing news since Hillary announced she was running in the election passed. You're more likely to find news on those little shows where old biddies sit around tables talking to each other than CNN. :D

David T

Premium Member
Who is CNN? Strange name. "hi I am. Sin?" OMG You are watching sin and you need to be careful of the fox. The fox is a shape shifter and sin blinds you of seeing the shape shifter. Besides its all a speach impediment to me, What's newz? What's oldz? "precious, evil newz tries to steel you away I will hide you away in the very oldz and no one will find you my precious.!"

It's like those soul suckers in Harry potter the death eaters. It just sucks your soul right out of you into the square black hole. . Great idea for monitor shape btw!!! Like a death eater mouth!.,

Derek500

Wish I could change this to AUD
Yes, but switch over to RT. Nothing else but Heroe Trump.

Last edited:

Derek500

I've been watching Fox for many years. In Aussie, SA and the US. They always have to toe the Murdoch Party line. Or get fired. Not a reliable source of information.

I've been watching Fox for many years. In Aussie, SA and the US. They always have to toe the Murdoch Party line. Or get fired. Not a reliable source of information.

TV news is not a reliable source of information, full stop.

Take out any overt editorial biases and this still remains a fact.

Actually, some sources of information are much more accurate than others.

Phrase it as some tv news sources are less inaccurate than others and I'd agree.

TV news as a medium favours instancy over accuracy, this is the nature of the beast. Instancy precludes accuracy as accuracy requires time. Watch any major breaking news if you want objective proof of this, take notes of what is said then compare them to what is known one month down the line.

Derek500

Actually, some tv news organisations are relatively reliable. Fox and RT don't count to be amongst reliable sources at all.

The information provided by BBC and Sky and DW and FR and RTI and Telemundo are a lot more reliable than those provided by Fox.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As does Fox; as does MSNBC; etc. The national and local non-cable networks actually do proportionally many more other news stories, including ABC, NBC, CBS and their local affiliates.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Actually, some sources of information are much more accurate than others.
True, and three independent studies done over a decade ago show that those who largely get their news from Fox actually know less real news than those who don't watch any t.v. news at all.

Frankly, one can usually tell who here at RF watches Fox, largely because their positions often reflect "alternative facts".

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It has been like that for awhile. If they aren't click-baiting tragedies/terrorism, they are exclusively covering Trump.

Odhran

Obscurantist entertainers posing as great truthbringers. No different from anyone else in their industry. No different from how the industry has always been. We're just more aware of it these days.

PureX

Veteran Member
CNN, like nearly all visual media, exists to put advertising in front of people's eyes. To do that they have to intersperse the ads with some sort of content that will get people to look in. And Trump has proven to be an effective and ongoing attention draw. After all, who doesn't want to watch a train wreck while it's happening? Who doesn't want that daily dose of righteous indignation? Criminals and psychopaths fascinate us for all kinds of reasons. So that's what the media uses to get us to keep looking at them. And once they have our eyes on them, they can blast us with the advertising. Which is what they exist to do.

FOX does this far more extensively and blatantly than CNN. And Rush Limbaugh has made many millions over many years doing it on the radio. So now they all do it. Turning every story into a cat-fight keeps people tuning in for more. And that keeps the advertisers paying them big buck to shove their ads in front of our ears and eyes.

And we suck it all up like retarded Hoovers. Too stupid to see that we are being played, over and over and over and over.

It's all about the money. It's ALWAYS all about the money. Greed poisons everything it touches. And it's poisoning us all. And we're dutifully playing our part in the destruction.

Last edited: