• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Civil war in America

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Assuming the Federal Government is completely out of action, The Right would win easily. They've been stockpiling ammunition, guns and canned goods for years. They are much more into the Survivalist thing and you'll be hard pressed to find a left-wing Prepper. Survivalistboards.com, which is meant precisely for discussing preparing for civil war, disasters and stuff, is one of the few forums I know that is overwhelmingly Pro-Trump.

However, Survivalism is also kind of a fad and much of the talk is just part of marketing products to people. There is something deeply manipulative in how people's fears are exploited for commercial gain. When it comes to survival, there is a weird schizoid split between the things that look important and the things that really are important. Too much of what we think about the end of the world is straight from movies to be accurate. It is a mistake to take them seriously as mostly it boils down to learning useful skills for extended camping trips in the wilderness. It probably can still be useful and the ethic of self-reliance is a very good one to have, but leave the conspiracy theories about the New World Order alone.

I don't think anyone honestly really knows how they'd deal with "the end of the world as we know it" until it actually happens. Maybe a few veterans who have seen it all before will know what the hell they are doing but the rest of us don't have a clue.
Wanna form a sniper team?
You can handle the spotting & squad weapon (full auto).
I'll do the sniping.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think it would be absurd if it would happen, but such pondering can be fun, and I gotta say Republicans would win if the absurd scenario comes about.

Democrats have an advantage of holding the major industrial areas of the country. But the Republicans control the most land overall, pretty much the entirety of rural areas. Plus, I think everyone would agree the rural Republicans have the best chance of creating armed militia groups, because they have more firearms and the like.

So you've got one side controlling just the industrial centers, and another group in the countryside with organized militia groups and in control of the national food supply. It seems almost one-sided to me.

Though I must say I myself am screwed. My house is a short distance from both a Democrat-aligned urban center and Republican-aligned rural countryside. My home is the borderlands of this silly scenario :( .

Maybe you can stay neutral and become a de facto Switzerland.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 19204
America is so divided it's like a cold war.

If there were a military conflict between Republicans and Democrats, who do you think would win the war?

I'm a pacifist because I know too many good people who are both Democrats and Republicans, and both sides makes sense on a lot of issues, so I just can't take sides.

I've always wondered though if there was a Civil War in America between the left and the right who would win.

If I was to guess, I would say the right-wingers would win, because they are more fanatic, disciplined, better armed, and more geared for that type of combat... That doesn't make them better people of course, just I would say on average better equipped for combat and war.

Pardon the silly question, but it is something I've always wondered and curious what the feedback would be like. :p

A lot of it would depend on how it comes about, although I doubt a civil war in America today would remain confined to America.

The right may have stockpiled weapons, but the left would have fertile recruiting grounds in other countries. Plus, the left would more likely receive outside support, since most of the rest of the world would be extremely wary of a right-wing government in charge of America.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
A lot of it would depend on how it comes about, although I doubt a civil war in America today would remain confined to America.

The right may have stockpiled weapons, but the left would have fertile recruiting grounds in other countries. Plus, the left would more likely receive outside support, since most of the rest of the world would be extremely wary of a right-wing government in charge of America.
I'm pretty sure Russia would support the conservatives... But you're right, if there was a Civil War in America it would probably turn into a world war , no doubt

Milton Platt

People are always speculating about things which never come to pass.....
- Trump is Hitler.
- The world will end (every couple months).
- Hillary is a shoe-in to win the presidency.
- Trump will be impeached by year's end.

You mean those things aren"t true?????? I wish you"d have told me sooner.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
View attachment 19204

If there were a military conflict between Republicans and Democrats, who do you think would win the war?

I'm a pacifist because I know too many good people who are both Democrats and Republicans, and both sides makes sense on a lot of issues, so I just can't take sides.

I've always wondered though if there was a Civil War in America between the left and the right who would win.

If I was to guess, I would say the right-wingers would win, because they are more fanatic, disciplined, better armed, and more geared for that type of combat... That doesn't make them better people of course, just I would say on average better equipped for combat and war.

Pardon the silly question, but it is something I've always wondered and curious what the feedback would be like. :p

I fully realize the fractious division in America that has evolved in reaiity through the whole history of the USA. It actually evolved from what appeared to be just diverse factions in the founding of our country with different political and economic interests. The Civil War is a bloody event in this process, which did not resolve the division, but result in the hardening of the division and a future where extreme factions would make bargains with the devil for selfish agendas.

The odd alliance of Evangelical Christians (Tea Party - mainly South and Midwest) with Right wing extremists of all strips with billionaire corporate powers has created a nightmare of a ******* monster.

Even though I have Republicans I respect and like, and grew up in a Republican family in national politics I cannot in all moral and ethical reasoning justify nor make peace with this political monster.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
View attachment 19204

I have 2 feelings on this. Optimistic and Pragmatic.

Opitimist: I doubt there will be. Just because I want to remain optimistic, in the hope of solving issues with diplomacy amongst ourselves.

Pragmatic: I hope there will not be. As a civil war only ends with both sides losing in the long run. While the Conservatives definitely have an upper hand initially. I don't see any victory in civilians killing each other. But if push come to shove and if my hand is forced to make the decision of kill or be killed, I won't lose any sleep at night in making that decision.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Revoltistan!
Where our battle cry is....
"Darn the torpedoes....full speed astern!"
Ah, a libertarian paradise where there is only one law: "Congress shall make no laws" and taxes are purely voluntary. I can't wait to be a parasite.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure Russia would support the conservatives... But you're right, if there was a Civil War in America it would probably turn into a world war , no doubt

I'm not sure if the Russians would want to touch it, although it would depend on which flavor of "conservative" it is. Despite all the hullabaloo over Trump's "Russian connection," a lot of people on the right still have a deep fear and mistrust of Russia.

The real scary part is that if the actual government and military chain of command breaks down, the regional commanders may go rogue and become "warlords" of some sort - and may fight each other or try to head up one or the other faction. And of course, all sides would have nukes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah, a libertarian paradise where there is only one law: "Congress shall make no laws" and taxes are purely voluntary. I can't wait to be a parasite.
I do have a job opening...
Be my sidekick.
You even get a free little spandex uniform!