• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Civil war in America

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, I would guess that the chances of a Civil War in America are very small... Slim to none... There's plenty of talk about it though... But you're right, people also made Ludacris statements like Obama was trying to turn the country communist n Trump is trying to turn the country into a fascist dictatorship.
It's a good way to blow off steam.

The reality is there is no command structure or logistical support for any civil war to eurupt.

People are too comfortable and a civil war would just screw things up.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
To the original question, I'd suggest the Republicans would win again.

However, Survivalism is also kind of a fad and much of the talk is just part of marketing products to people.
Granted, I'm not a survivalist/prepper, but all the ones I've known say the stuff is just for the best opportunity to outlast the initial collapse/disaster. To create breathing space and allow the skills to create real survival conditions.

I don't think anyone honestly really knows how they'd deal with "the end of the world as we know it" until it actually happens.
I'd agree, in large part because how to react will very much depend upon the type of "end of the world" event that precipitates the need for dealing with.

Plus, the left would more likely receive outside support, since most of the rest of the world would be extremely wary of a right-wing government in charge of America.
If the military takes sides in any large way, what major country is going to support in any real manner the armed conflict against them? If they aren't involved, I'd imagine there would be an effort to prevent international involvement.

Either way, I don't think you'd see much outside aid to either/any faction in an American civil war. Too chancy, better to wait and see what comes out of it and deal as best you can with the results.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
All I wanted was biting.
If I wanted your kind of viciousness, I'd have hired @Wu Wei .

367565914_d602b9f781_b.jpg