• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians..... you are not the saviors of the world.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Furthermore, it also demonstrates the utter lack of compassion some religionists have for their fellow humans.
If describing indiscriminate slaughter as savagery shows my "utter lack of compassion" and desiring for every people to commune together shows my "extreme danger" in your view, I can fully say that I find absolutely nothing of value in your determinations or opinions.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Then atheists never sin, and thus go to heaven?

Honestly, there is nothing within my belief system that makes it known. It's literally not my business, but Gods only.

There are probably millions of things that are not revealed. IMO, good Christian's and Catholics should not take guesses and act as though they're right.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
It's Chau's own stupid fault that he died. Satan told him to jump from the top of the Temple because the angels would catch him, and the idiot jumped.
Is that a general principle? Were all who were martyred during evangelizing actually idiots listening to Satan?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not sure what you mean by, "putting that coveted notch under your belt". But I am certainly not being insensitive. I think that it is a sad, and a tragic waste of human resources. I think that it may have been his faith, that caused him to ignore all the warning advice and history. He may have really believe, that he would be protected by something greater than himself. Just how many children have met their fate, because their parents believed that they were the Devil, or needed to go to heaven? Just how many adults have met their fate, because they believed that death was not the end, but the beginning of something else? And, just how many people live their lives only in the preparation for their death? To me it is just truly sad. Here is another human who puts his belief to the test. What do you think his final outcome will be?

The notch is referring to Christian Pride , an ideology of laying up treasure in heaven reinforced by Parables such as the master who gave gold coins to each of his servants and report back and how well they did.

The outcome is what it is with all the karmic effects that it brings.
Would you be willing to stand to any Higher Courts of India to testify to these things? That Christians are not the salt of the earth, nor any beacon of light in the darknesess?
Sure, set up the appointment.

ecco

Veteran Member
Lack of compassion? You're the guy who said you have no sympathy for the grieving family of the victim or for the grieving family and friends of the kid who was killed in a North Korean prison camp. If anyone has a lack of compassion, it's you.
I have a lot of compassion for a group of people who want to be left alone and live their lives as they have for thousands of years.

I have no compassion for people who insist on trying to spread their own particular brand of mysticism to people who want no part of it.

Do you compassionately invite in every Jehovah's Witness or Hari Krishna or Scientologist who comes to your door?

Bob the Unbeliever

According to one poster in the other thread on this subject, it doesn't matter that they could not understand what he was saying. The mere fact that Chau was on the Island and said the word "Jesus" means the spreading of the gospel is complete and the End of Times is now commencing.

End Times?

Well. That could easily explain the Unscheduled Total Solar Eclipses we are currently experiencing. Right?

;)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If describing indiscriminate slaughter as savagery shows my "utter lack of compassion" and desiring for every people to commune together shows my "extreme danger" in your view, I can fully say that I find absolutely nothing of value in your determinations or opinions.
If by 'indiscriminate slaughter as savagery' you mean 'shoots trespassers who have ignored many public warnings.' Are you as incensed by people who put up this sign as you are by this story?
793412-3197-36.png

Cooky

Veteran Member
So what if they did? Who died and made YOU God of What A Culture May (or may not) Do?

If your god is so unhappy with them? Why did it permit that culture to be older than 100% of christianity?

It's not that... It's just that if it's true, let's not pretend like it's not.

I'm curious about any other strange behaviors they might have. Funny how the Indian government banned filming them. Seems like they have quite a few strange customs -so strange they're being kept hidden.

Bob the Unbeliever

Honestly, there is nothing within my belief system that makes it known. It's literally not my business, but Gods only.

There are probably millions of things that are not revealed. IMO, good Christian's and Catholics should not take guesses and act as though they're right.

Then, how about we let GOD take care of all of "his" business, and all Christians will henceforth never-ever preach to anyone outside their own churches. How about that?

Bob the Unbeliever

It's not that... It's just that if it's true, let's not pretend like it's not.

I'm curious about any other strange behaviors they might have. Funny how the Indian government banned filming them. Seems like they have quite a few strange customs -so strange they're being kept hidden.

Again-- their culture is something like 20 times older than christianity. And at least 60 times older than modern Catholicism.

If your god had had any issues with how they behaved? Why are they still thriving?

ecco

Veteran Member
Then atheists never sin, and thus go to heaven?

sin1
/sin/
noun
  1. 1.
    an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
Given that there is no such thing as "divine law" I can safely say that I have never sinned. The reason I will not go to heaven has nothing to do with sinning and everything to do with nature.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Again-- their culture is something like 20 times older than christianity. And at least 60 times older than modern Catholicism.

If your god had had any issues with how they behaved? Why are they still thriving?

Sorry, I think you misunderstand my perspective. I never suggested God would interrupt them.

Rational Agnostic

I have a lot of compassion for a group of people who want to be left alone and live their lives as they have for thousands of years.

I have no compassion for people who insist on trying to spread their own particular brand of mysticism to people who want no part of it.

You said that you have no compassion for the GRIEVING FAMILIES/FRIENDS of the missionary or for the kid killed in North Korea. So you have compassion for a group of barbaric savages but no compassion for the grieving families of an innocent person killed. My assessment is that you're a psychopath.

ecco

Veteran Member
I don't expect someone like you to find anything of value in my opinions. That suits me just fine. If I find that you folks start agreeing with me, I'll worry about my sanity and my morals.

Cooky

Veteran Member
sin1
/sin/
noun
  1. 1.
    an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
Given that there is no such thing as "divine law" I can safely say that I have never sinned. The reason I will not go to heaven has nothing to do with sinning and everything to do with nature.

Don't worry. The moment before your last breath, time may stop and Jesus may approach you and you may then believe. He may then forgive you of all your sins, and you may then be able to enter into heaven.

...The first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

Bob the Unbeliever

Don't worry. The moment before your last breath, time may stop and Jesus may approach you and you may then believe. He may then forgive you of all your sins, and you may then be able to enter into heaven.

...The first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

Oh, wait.... you weren't being humorous? Oh. My. So sorry. I thought you were telling us a Great Joke. nevermind.

ecco

Veteran Member
Is that a general principle? Were all who were martyred during evangelizing actually idiots listening to Satan?

Allow me to reword before answering...

Were all who were martyred during evangelizing actually idiots?​

Yes.