• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Why aren't you Muslim?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Jesus (Yeshua the Nazarene) is the Abrahamic god made manifest onto earth, not the actual child/son of said god . . . rather the physical aspect of the Trinity.

**LOL . . . why does a satanic/luciferian non-religious heathen like me have to explain this to a christian??

Where Is God

Creator
Jesus (Yeshua the Nazarene) is the Abrahamic god made manifest onto earth, not the actual child/son of said god . . . rather the physical aspect of the Trinity.

**LOL . . . why does a satanic/luciferian non-religious heathen like me have to explain this to a christian??

Pwned.
Christians don't even read their own books. Someone go please make a thread on why religious people don't even read their holy books in their entirety. I make too many threads I don't want to annoy people.

Where Is God

Creator
LOL . . . please, christianity has been responsible for more bloodshed than any other religion thus far.

I am WELL aware of that. History is full of Christians/Catholics/Puritans killing people in the name of God.

What this video is saying though, is that Muslims pose a bigger threat than Christians do today.
I doubt you already watched that video in it's entirety.:sarcastic

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
You're right, I never made it through the whole video (boring) . . . but I did manage to find a few hot pics of Ann Coulter!!

Sahar

Perhaps this is a flawed Western concept, which it probably is, but I feel that Islam makes one more detached from God than Christianity. I feel that one has a more personal and intimate relationship with God than in Islam, and that is why I choose to follow it. The God of Christianity gave his own Son to die for us, and I believe this further shows his close relationship with humankind.
Islam is all about creating and maintaining a deep intimate relationship more than you know and expect. Why would you need "a father who gives his own son" when you have a God who bestowed upon you all this universe and blessings? When you have a God that is closer to you than your jugular vein? When you have a God Who responds to you without a mediator?
God doesn't need a son, or to sacrifice his son to show his close relationship with us. God is very close but some people just don't see it and need to indulge in illogical beliefs that doesn't befit a God who is Merciful, Wise, Just, Near, Powerful, All-Knowing and nothing like Him. Unfortunately, it seems some think that to feel God is close is to add our own deficiencies on our view of God. We need sons because we are mortal, so we extend by our offspring. But why God would need a son and He is the Eternal, to start with? Not to mention to "sacrifice his son"?!

Strange thinking!

Sultan Of Swing

I am WELL aware of that. History is full of Christians/Catholics/Puritans killing people in the name of God.

What this video is saying though, is that Muslims pose a bigger threat than Christians do today.
I doubt you already watched that video in it's entirety.:sarcastic
Oi, this is not relevant to the topic. Your little argument is great and everything, but it does not belong here. Go start up some new thread and go debating your other points there.

Sahar said:
Islam is all about creating and maintaining a deep intimate relationship more than you know and expect. Why would you need "a father who gives his own son" when you have a God who bestowed upon you all this universe and blessings? When you have a God that is closer to you than your jugular vein? When you have a God Who responds to you without a mediator?
God doesn't need a son, or to sacrifice his son to show his close relationship with us. God is very close but some people just don't see it and need to indulge in illogical beliefs that doesn't befit a God who is Merciful, Wise, Just, Near, Powerful, All-Knowing and nothing like Him. Unfortunately, it seems some think that to feel God is close is to add our own deficiencies on our view of God. We need sons because we are mortal, so we extend by our offspring. But why God would need a son and He is the Eternal, to start with? Not to mention to "sacrifice his son"?!

Strange thinking!

First of all, we need no mediator between us and God. Some Christians may believe that, but I do not. And Jesus is God's spiritual son, and is said to also be God at the same time. In this way, God's physical representation of Himself on earth can be see as being his "Son", as his physical being would have to have been created by God. It is not actually His son as we see it, and it is not merely humankind applying their flawed logic to God.

The world was full of evil and sin. It was progressively getting worse from the beginning of humanity. And so it was getting harder and harder for people to enter the kingdom of heaven, and the world needed a saviour. God could not stand seeing our sin, and His eternal love for us made Him make the ultimate sacrifice. God had to sacrifice his Son, or rather sacrifice Himself in order that the ultimate sacrifice could be given, and the entirety of the world's sins could be taken away.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aye it's intended for Christians. I should have placed it in the Christian DIR, cause I want to interact.

Mods?! :shout

You can use the report button to make the request.

Press the one on the OP and ask for the thread to be moved to the DIR.

Sahar

First of all, we need no mediator between us and God. Some Christians may believe that, but I do not. And Jesus is God's spiritual son, and is said to also be God at the same time. In this way, God's physical representation of Himself on earth can be see as being his "Son", as his physical being would have to have been created by God. It is not actually His son as we see it, and it is not merely humankind applying their flawed logic to God.

The world was full of evil and sin. It was progressively getting worse from the beginning of humanity. And so it was getting harder and harder for people to enter the kingdom of heaven, and the world needed a saviour. God could not stand seeing our sin, and His eternal love for us made Him make the ultimate sacrifice. God had to sacrifice his Son, or rather sacrifice Himself in order that the ultimate sacrifice could be given, and the entirety of the world's sins could be taken away.
Here is the thing; why not for everyone to be responsible and accountable for him/herself? Doesn't the human being have the capabilities and potential e.g. intellect to reach God? To be good?
Also, the language you speak about God is as if you're talking about a deficient human being. God doesn't "have to", God is Wise and He is not like us who "couldn't stand the sin" so he came with another backup plan. God doesn't need "to sacrifice". The issue of the need of savior to enter the kingdom of God would be a mediator between us and God. But here is the thing, we don't need that mediator. God can release us from our sins by simply asking for his forgiveness. Say inside your heart or loudly "God forgive me and guide me" and He will answer your call. This is the true direct personal and intimate relationship.

It's that simple. Why do you need to complicate what's simple? At the end, this complication lead to faulty and contradictory views. Secondly, God must be reachable and without complication, in every age and place. The guarantee for reaching and knowing Him is our intellect, reasoning, sincere intention and doing good and we have been given all these qualities since Adam. We don't need the sacrifice of another being to be good, and to turn to God. God doesn't need a sacrifice to show His Love. Nor do we need to believe in such concept to enter His kingdom.

Last edited:

Where Is God

Creator
Oi, this is not relevant to the topic. Your little argument is great and everything, but it does not belong here. Go start up some new thread and go debating your other points there.
Obviously I was responding to another comment from someone else. Plus, this is not a DIR it is in Religious Debates, which is fairly general. So, if you don't want to hear something smart from an atheist, go cry and make your own thread. Thank you.:slap:

Sultan Of Swing

Obviously I was responding to another comment from someone else. Plus, this is not a DIR it is in Religious Debates, which is fairly general. So, if you don't want to hear something smart from an atheist, go cry and make your own thread. Thank you.:slap:
But crying makes me feel sad...

BruceDLimber

I said no such thing and would appreciate your not putting words in my mouth1

But that said, I've been Baha'i long enough and experienced enough Baha'i communities to know what they tend to be like, which does not fit the description you used!

So just perhaps, it's YOUR experiences that are grossly atypical.

Bruce

Wombat

I said no such thing and would appreciate your not putting words in my mouth1

Bruce....if I was putting words in your "mouth 1" I would have been using quotation marks.

Just out of curiosity...What does mouth 2 do and are there more?:shrug:

But that said, I've been Baha'i long enough and experienced enough Baha'i communities to know what they tend to be like, which does not fit the description you used!

Yes...I got that...which is why I did not put words in your "mouth 1" but rather employed logical extrapolation...the same way that one would conclude that if there is a "mouth 1" there is probably a 'mouth 2'.....or more?:shrug: ;)

So just perhaps, it's YOUR experiences that are grossly atypical.

Bruce

That is indeed a posibility Bruce...but given that you have already refused any discussion/consideration of "MY experiences" we have no means whereby to determine "grossly atypical"..........or >quite commonplace<. :eek: