• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Why aren't you Muslim?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There is nothing about Islam that I find Plausable. Except that it seems to be referencing the same God as Christianity.
Whilst many Christian writings need personal interpretation to make sense, even this is not permitted in Islam.

Sultan Of Swing

What is about Christianity that you believe makes it more plausible than Islam?
Perhaps this is a flawed Western concept, which it probably is, but I feel that Islam makes one more detached from God than Christianity. I feel that one has a more personal and intimate relationship with God than in Islam, and that is why I choose to follow it. The God of Christianity gave his own Son to die for us, and I believe this further shows his close relationship with humankind.

Flower said:
I don't think either Christianity or Islam is credible.
If you look at the topic title, the question is aimed at Christians. Thus, your opinion was not needed here. The question wants to see why people would choose Christianity over Islam; not if people found either of them credible.

outhouse

Atheistically

the abrahamic god was first, created [in my opinion] by hebrews and christianity branches off as hellenistic judaism closer to the tree then islam

Last edited:

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I don't know enough about Islam to give you a decent answer.

I do appreciate the gentle and kind approach my particular branch of Christianty ~ Unity ~ encourages.

Yerda

Veteran Member
If you look at the topic title, the question is aimed at Christians. Thus, your opinion was not needed here. The question wants to see why people would choose Christianity over Islam; not if people found either of them credible.
Aye it's intended for Christians. I should have placed it in the Christian DIR, cause I want to interact.

Mods?! :shout

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Islam is not any more or less plausible than Christianity . . . both are irrational concepts borrowed from earlier myths.

Where Is God

Creator
what where there names?
I think you meant were?

Krishna

Mithra

Horus

Look all three of them up.
Their stories are disgustingly similar to that of Jesus of Nazareth
They were different combinations of being born on the 25th of December, being the son of a god/virgin mother, carpenter, dieing and being resurrected on the third day, having 12 disciples, and often called the lamb, the light, the way.... etc...etc... blah blah blah... Jesus was a copy of Gods before him.
Maybe the historical Jesus was just a chill guy who loved people, knew some medicinal techniques, was very humble and had great morals; then had crazy fanboys 30 years later who called him God and said that he performed miracles. If you think about it, Jesus never really calls himself God in the Bible, other people do.:D

gzusfrk

Christian
I think you meant were?

Krishna

Mithra

Horus

Look all three of them up.
Their stories are disgustingly similar to that of Jesus of Nazareth
They were different combinations of being born on the 25th of December, being the son of a god/virgin mother, carpenter, dieing and being resurrected on the third day, having 12 disciples, and often called the lamb, the light, the way.... etc...etc... blah blah blah... Jesus was a copy of Gods before him.
Maybe the historical Jesus was just a chill guy who loved people, knew some medicinal techniques, was very humble and had great morals; then had crazy fanboys 30 years later who called him God and said that he performed miracles. If you think about it, Jesus never really calls himself God in the Bible, other people do.:D
Well I dont know if those three you have listed were chill guys, I would guess not, now I cant really say how many people have heard of them, but I can confirm about one and a half billion people have heard of jesus. Jesus never called Himself God because He is not God, He is the Son of God.

Where Is God

Creator
Well I dont know if those three you have listed were chill guys, I would guess not, now I cant really say how many people have heard of them, but I can confirm about one and a half billion people have heard of jesus. Jesus never called Himself God because He is not God, He is the Son of God.

So you don't believe in the Trinity?

Then who the hell is Jesus and why is he so special? If he is not God then why do people follow him?