• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians who are confused about meat

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Jews might consider Judaism to be for them only, but that's their mistake and a sin. That's not what the Torah teaches. You're not supposed to follow what the Jews teach you, but what the revelation given to Moses taught.
All I can say to you in this case is read the Torah for yourself.

Wasp

God is rational . It was easier to prohibit harmful things than explain microbiology. Btw there was no punishment indicated, you eat garbage you suffer, not the same with gay sex, for example.
Yes, He is. You're making conclusions out of assumptions. Like an excuse to fill the dubious gaps you have within the commandments of God.

leov

Jews might consider Judaism to be for them only, but that's their mistake and a sin. That's not what the Torah teaches. You're not supposed to follow what the Jews teach you, but what the revelation given to Moses taught.
It was Jewish destiny to bring Commandments into the world.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Because Israel is chosen to be the Kingdom of Priests, that is, to illuminate and be holy for everyone else, to be a light to the nations. Jewish tradition states that other nations were given the choice and rejected it, and that Israel essentially had no choice but to accept the Torah.

Wasp

@Wasp

And Acts 15:22-

The Council’s Letter to Gentile Believers
22 Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, men who were leaders among the believers. 23 With them they sent the following letter:

The apostles and elders, your brothers,

To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia:

Greetings.

24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Farewell.
That's for certain people for specific reasons and doesn't dismiss previous commandments.

Wasp

Because Israel is chosen to be the Kingdom of Priests, that is, to illuminate and be holy for everyone else, to be a light to the nations. Jewish tradition states that other nations were given the choice and rejected it, and that Israel essentially had no choice but to accept the Torah.
Jewish tradition is irrelevant. They failed to preserve their scriptures and follow the commandments therein. All this what you say is invented by the Jews. It has nothing to do with the law given to Moses.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Jewish tradition is irrelevant. They failed to preserve their scriptures and follow the commandments therein. All this what you say is invented by the Jews. It has nothing to do with the law given to Moses.
So if you believe the Jewish people failed to preserve their scriptures how do you know what the Torah did or did not say? You've refuted your own argument.

Wasp

So if you believe the Jewish people failed to preserve their scriptures how do you know what the Torah did or did not say? You've refuted your own argument.
I follow the Qur'an and the teachings of the prophet Muhammad.

leov

By God? Where's your proof from the scripture? Or do you believe everything you've been told that seems convenient enough?
I asked a received rational answer, I am not a bicameral and capable understanding meaning not just follow orders. That is what wants us : to understand. 2"Then Ezra the priest brought the law before the assembly of men, women and all who could listen with understanding" , Nehemiah 8