• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs Baha'i

Redemptionsong

It does not really matter what happened during the Dispensation of Jesus or how we were reconciled to God back then. We are no longer living in that Dispensation, so it does not apply to us anymore.

#559 Trailblazer, 23 minutes ago

The past is gone and now we are living in a new age, the age ushered in by the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

#45 Trailblazer, Today at 1:04 PM

Are we not living in the dispensation of the gospel of grace? In Colossians 1:25,26 it says this:

'Whereof [to the church] I [Paul] am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God, which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Even the mystery
[the Church] which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:'

This passage dispels the idea that there are dispensations beyond those revealed to Paul and the other apostles. The 'mystery', which refers to the Church (hidden from view in the Hebrew scriptures) is still with us at the present time. This fact cannot be denied.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No, it won't match up, but there is no proof that what you read ever actually happened.
Anyone can write a story, but a story is not proof that the story is true.

As such, what you choose to believe is a matter of faith.
In that there are multiple witnesses... I have enough proof. Even a renown cold-case investigator ended up convinced it happened. I think a court of law would agree IMO.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the Father except through me."

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. – Mark 8:38.

It is said Christ will return not as the Son but in the Glory of the Father. (Glory of God) (Glory of the Lord) Baha'u'llah.

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. – Matthew 16:27.

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels. – Luke 9:26.

Isaiah foretold that the Glory of God (Baha'u'llah) would usher in the Day of God.

And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory. – Ezekiel 43:2.

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. . . .

The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. – Isaiah 60:1–2, 19.

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

When Jesus said that it was true, that is why He said it. However, that verse only applied to the Dispensation of Jesus, and that is what Christians completely fail to understand.

I think what main Christians think is, there are signs for end of World, and those are darkened sun, moon, falling stars, and the rest of signs. So, until the end of the world comes, the words of Jesus shall not pass.

Skywalker

I think what main Christians think is, there are signs for end of World, and those are darkened sun, moon, falling stars, and the rest of signs. So, until the end of the world comes, the words of Jesus shall not pass.

Does that mean that the words of Jesus will pass later?

Skywalker

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Rev 6:12-13 “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood. And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.”

Matthew 24:29-30 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

Mark 13:24-26 ”But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

All of these things already happened and the world did not end, nor did Jesus return.
However, the Son of Man came in the clouds with power and great glory:

1. 1755 Lisbon earthquake
2. New England's Dark Day
3. The Falling of the Stars

Matthew 24 The Return of the Son of Man
…28 "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather. 29 "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.…

Jesus foretold it exactly, but Jesus did not predict the exact years. Jesus said the Son of Man would appear after the stars fell: Mark 13:25 “AND THE STARS WILL BE FALLING from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken.” 26 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory.…”

THE STAR-FALL OF 1833

So exceptional was this event that Clarke in his History of Astronomy in the Nineteenth Century writes: “… a tempest of falling stars broke over the earth.”

According to the millennial scholars of the 1840s, the third sign in the sixth chapter of Revelation came to pass on 12 November 1833, the night of the unique star-fall.

Clarke wrote of that night, saying: “Once and for all, then, as the result of the star-fall of 1833, the study of luminous meteors became an integral part of astronomy.” He goes on to say: “North America bore the brunt of its pelting. From the Gulf of Mexico to Halifax, until daylight with some difficulties put an end to the display, the sky was scored in every direction with shining tracks and illuminated with majestic fireballs.”

Denison Olmsted, Professor of Mathematics at Yale University, wrote the following in the American Journal of Science: “The morning of 13 November 1833, was rendered memorable by an exhibition of the phenomenon called shooting stars, which was probably more extensive and magnificent than any similar one hitherto recorded … Probably no celestial phenomenon has ever occurred in this country, since its first settlement, which was received with so much admiration and delight by one class of spectators, or with so much astonishment and fear by another class. For some time after the occurrence, the ‘meteoric phenomenon’ was the principle topic of conversation.”

Simon Newcomb in Astronomy for Everybody called the display of falling stars “the most remarkable one ever observed”.

The French astronomer, Flammarion, in Popular Astronomy, wrote: “The Boston observer, Olmsted, compared them, at the moment of maximum, to half the number of flakes which are perceived in the air during an ordinary shower of snow.”

The New York Journal of Commerce wrote: “No philosopher or scholar has told or recorded an event like that of yesterday morning. A prophet eighteen hundred years ago foretold it exactly, if we will be at the trouble of understanding stars falling to mean falling stars.” (New York Journal of Commerce, 14 November 1833.)

Astronomers, after careful study, learned that this particular meteoric display occurs every thirty–three years. However, the display of 1833 was unique in its drama. The fall of 1866 did not rival it in any way, and that of 1899 was of even less interest.

In any event, as the millennial scholars said, it was not the cause behind the sign, but the time of its arrival, and its sequence with the earthquake and the dark day which were important. Many Biblical scholars pointed to the exact fulfilment, and in the proper order of the prophecies concerning the heavens and the signs of the coming of Christ as given in the sixth chapter of Revelation:

1. The appearance of the great earthquake in 1755.
2. The sun darkened and the moon turned into blood on the Dark Day of 1780.
3. The stars falling from the heavens in 1833.

From: http://bahai-library.com/pdf/s/sears_thief_night.pdf

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

But then the New Testament was an addition to the Old Testament, wasn't it?
So Jesus came with a new Revelation from God and added onto the word that Moses said not to add onto.

Skywalker

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

But then the New Testament was an addition to the Old Testament, wasn't it?
So Jesus came with a new Revelation from God and added onto the word that Moses said not to add onto.

The New Testament is a reflection of the Messiah hadnt come at that time. The Messiah came during New Testament times.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. – Mark 8:38.

It is said Christ will return not as the Son but in the Glory of the Father. (Glory of God) (Glory of the Lord) Baha'u'llah.
Please note that the verse differentiates Jesus from the Son of man (of him also), and that means that Jesus cannot be the Son of man, it has to be a different man. ;)

Skywalker

How did you know Bible is from God then?

After the Bible was no complete there was no need for the gift of tongues. Thats an analogy for why the Quran and the Book of Mormon arent from God. I believe that there might be cases where God gives people that gift, like a story I heard about a person who heard a sermon in his own language, but missionaries today dont have that gift.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The New Testament is a reflection of the Messiah hadnt come at that time. The Messiah came during New Testament times.
The Writings of Baha'u'llah are a reflection of the Messiah that had not come at the time the New Testament was written.
The Messiah came during the new age.

InvestigateTruth

After the Bible was no complete there was no need for the gift of tongues. Thats an analogy for why the Quran and the Book of Mormon arent from God. I believe that there might be cases where God gives people that gift, like a story I heard about a person who heard a sermon in his own language, but missionaries today dont have that gift.
Christ said when He comes at the end time, He will make all things new. That must include the teachings in Bible. If He keeps everything the same, how can He make all things new?