• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity has a real dark history,Has it changed much?

leov

I think your post needs some citations, I further think it is a hodgepoge of misinformation, I further think your reference to reincarnation is baloney it wasn´t even discussed at the first council of Jerusalem nor the second at Nicea. I am very well versed in Church history, and doctrines, especially of the Reformation...I would like to know what crackpot you got this from, or, or, or, are you the originator
553 AD the Second Council of Constantinople

David T

Premium Member
..too many fallacies, and cheap shots taking place here.. :rolleyes:

1. You cannot condemn an entire ideology because 'some' do not adhere to the standards of the ideology.
2. HUMAN BEINGS, and their flaws and tendencies, cause evil, not 'Christianity!' :eek:
3. It would need to be shown that the ideology is promoting the behavior being criticized.. genocide, oppression, murder, etc. Christianity, as an ideology, promotes the opposite.
4. Christianity has been a beacon of freedom, enlightenment, and equality, and is the foundation of western civilization.
5. In the last 50 yrs, a constant propaganda stream demonizing Christianity, and blaming it for all the evil in the world has been indoctrinated in progressive institutions, competing to be the dominant worldview.
Secular... The term progressive like conservative is secular Not religious both have zero to do with the bible, jesus at all. They both are about money. Which of course leads me to a song. Ha! Pink floyd of course!

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Ooooh...plagiarism. That isn't very nice.
yep, you've a got learning disorder; cause plagiarism is reciting someone else's work just as it is and saying it's mine,which I haven't done or copying word for word and passing off as mine,which I haven't done or taking someones idea which I haven't done .My heading is worded different from the book posted is only 1 sources I got info.from. I am using different materials,and other members info.my idea is different from that book.my reason is to compare all the different doctrine,beliefs,motivation,ideas,and convictions between old era's and new era. Do you understand that?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
yep, you've a got learning disorder; cause plagiarism is reciting someone else's work just as it is and saying it's mine,which I haven't done or copying word for word and passing off as mine,which I haven't done or taking someones idea which I haven't done .My heading is worded different from the book posted is only 1 sources I got info.from. I am using different materials,and other members info.my idea is different from that book.my reason is to compare all the different doctrine,beliefs,motivation,ideas,and convictions between old era's and new era. Do you understand that?
Spaces, use spaces. We are supposed to be communicating in English not Ancient Hebrew

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Secular... The term progressive like conservative is secular Not religious both have zero to do with the bible, jesus at all. They both are about money. Which of course leads me to a song. Ha! Pink floyd of course!

you to are not fully understanding were I'm coming from I wasn't through with the different other things I know for a fact is not in this era and I'm not even talking about the bible at all. I'm also concerned with Christians. too, I'm not even relating to that whole list, of yours. Gee Wiz, Does anybody get it.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Spaces, use spaces. We are supposed to be communicating in English not Ancient Hebrew
I've seen Ancient Hebrew before and it looks nothing like my handwriting at all. Oh yea, I'm sorry I forgot you have that learning disability, I'm sure it was hard for you, without space.oops

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
THISISWHATITHINKTOOWHENISEEANOTHERTHREADONHOWBADCHRISTIANITYISSUPPOSEDTOBEHAVENTWEHADENOUGHTHISWEEK?
aww, is that how you have to write things I'm so sorry, don't worry when you can read fine you can see and I read even that.

The Reverend Bob

I've seen Ancient Hebrew before and it looks nothing like my handwriting at all. Oh yea, I'm sorry I forgot you have that learning disability, I'm sure it was hard for you, without space.oops
You are somehow handwriting these threads? And you say I have a learning disability.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Y
You are somehow handwriting these threads? And you say I have a learning disability.
your really need to quit while you are ahead, Do you not realize you change the font for different styles,like this? and yes I say you have a learning disability, you just keep proving it. just quit

David T

Premium Member
you to are not fully understanding were I'm coming from I wasn't through with the different other things I know for a fact is not in this era and I'm not even talking about the bible at all. I'm also concerned with Christians. too, I'm not even relating to that whole list, of yours. Gee Wiz, Does anybody get it.
Zita we can all toss rocks at the church i understand that. Hell i have to restrain myself and i at times in some peoples misreadings of my writings think i am when thats actually totally wrong. Yea its flawed we know that most church folks are totally aware of it. Its a big part of its internal discussion actually.

The real question is what is paramount today of importance abd how does one approach it? Mine is art. Kind of!!!!!

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
553 AD the Second Council of Constantinople
I guess a lot of people don't have a clue about about the relevance of trying to see where Christians came from and why they are how they are today.and
The church and Christianity has demonstrated a disregard for human freedom,dignity,and self-determination.
It has attempted to control,contain and confine spirituality,the relationship between an individual and God.As a result, Christianity has helped create a society in which people are alienated not only from each other but also from the divine.
The Christian Church since Old have embedded in the belief of a solely masculine authoritarian God who demands unquestioning obedience and who punishes those who doesn't.also that fear was essential to sustain Christians.
.Within the 1st centuries of the Christian era they formed the ideological foundation for much of the dark side of the Christian Church history (100-400 C.E.).
Christian church based not upon love and support but upon fear. The Bible repeatedly exhorts people to fear God and keep his commandments, this was the duty of man.It was also in belief that God must be prone to anger to demand disciple,at this time God was to believed to have masculine and feminine aspects.
One shroud accept and submit to whatever the Church reaches.
Between 200-500 C.E. Christianity became the official religion for the Roman Empire. and they revised Christian writings to make Christianity more acceptable, they chose form many gospels and writings to construct the bible,them the church edited ti's messages with each translation and Gospel scholars showed that a few of the gospels9scriptures contradict one another,but let it remain.
300-500C.E. the church formulated it's doctrine to justifies it's use of force in order .
Some of the doctrine is as follows:a person can have free will and responsible for his actions.
Condemning sexual please because it is evil.
Th Church formulated it's position regarding reincarnation. The Christian scholar believed and that the human soul exists before it is incarnated into a physical body that the human soul passe from one body to another on earth until he is reunited with God after total enlightenment..It wasn't until 533 the Second Council decided to remove that from the doctrine, and told the Christians not to believe this at all. His reasoning was because if a soul continues to live and incarnate lifetime after lifetime he won't be subject to damnation, he had to maintain that control. I got more info to come.
It sounds the same to me so far, except reincarnation, what do you think?

I really appreciate your like, I got a lot of flack for a few, and I'm still not sure why? maybe they didn't read the whole thing. anyway I'm glad someone get's it.
I think your post needs some citations, I further think it is a hodgepoge of misinformation, I further think your reference to reincarnation is baloney it wasn´t even discussed at the first council of Jerusalem nor the second at Nicea. I am very well versed in Church history, and doctrines, especially of the Reformation...I would like to know what crackpot you got this from, or, or, or, are you the originator
This is not the first time I have read that in the old christian days they believe in reincarnation. Google it. google it all.

The Reverend Bob

Y

your really need to quit while you are ahead, Do you not realize you change the font for different styles,like this? and yes I say you have a learning disability, you just keep proving it. just quit
And you are handwriting on the interwebs

The Reverend Bob

I have read that in the old christian days they believe in reincarnation.
Only the Gnostics believe in that **** and they were sorts of ****** up. Bunch of nonsensical Bull**** masquerading as something profound and transcendent when all it was is a fraud and a mass of confusion

Thief

Rogue Theologian
masculine authoritarian God who demands unquestioning obedience and who punishes those who don't.

if life has particular qualities.....and those items are arrived at by a certain set of mindsets.....

then death comes to those who cannot follow