• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity has a real dark history,Has it changed much?

whirlingmerc

The church and Christianity has demonstrated a disregard for human freedom,dignity,and self-determination.
It has attempted to control,contain and confine spirituality,the relationship between an individual and God.As a result, Christianity has helped create a society in which people are alienated not only from each other but also from the divine.
The Christian Church since Old have embedded in the belief of a solely masculine authoritarian God who demands unquestioning obedience and who punishes those who doesn't.also that fear was essential to sustain Christians.
.Within the 1st centuries of the Christian era they formed the ideological foundation for much of the dark side of the Christian Church history (100-400 C.E.).
Christian church based not upon love and support but upon fear. The Bible repeatedly exhorts people to fear God and keep his commandments, this was the duty of man.It was also in belief that God must be prone to anger to demand disciple,at this time God was to believed to have masculine and feminine aspects.
One shroud accept and submit to whatever the Church reaches.
Between 200-500 C.E. Christianity became the official religion for the Roman Empire. and they revised Christian writings to make Christianity more acceptable, they chose form many gospels and writings to construct the bible,them the church edited ti's messages with each translation and Gospel scholars showed that a few of the gospels9scriptures contradict one another,but let it remain.
300-500C.E. the church formulated it's doctrine to justifies it's use of force in order .
Some of the doctrine is as follows:a person can have free will and responsible for his actions.
Condemning sexual please because it is evil.
Th Church formulated it's position regarding reincarnation. The Christian scholar believed and that the human soul exists before it is incarnated into a physical body that the human soul passe from one body to another on earth until he is reunited with God after total enlightenment..It wasn't until 533 the Second Council decided to remove that from the doctrine, and told the Christians not to believe this at all. His reasoning was because if a soul continues to live and incarnate lifetime after lifetime he won't be subject to damnation, he had to maintain that control. I got more info to come.
It sounds the same to me so far, except reincarnation, what do you think?

People are fallen and in need of redemption. Is it a surprise? Christ came to save sinners

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think your post needs some citations, I further think it is a hodgepoge of misinformation, I further think your reference to reincarnation is baloney it wasn´t even discussed at the first council of Jerusalem nor the second at Nicea. I am very well versed in Church history, and doctrines, especially of the Reformation...I would like to know what crackpot you got this from, or, or, or, are you the originator
Yep needs citations. 'Wall of text' disease. Even lots of ketchup couldn't improve it.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The church and Christianity has demonstrated a disregard for human freedom,dignity,and self-determination.
It has attempted to control,contain and confine spirituality,the relationship between an individual and God.As a result, Christianity has helped create a society in which people are alienated not only from each other but also from the divine.
The Christian Church since Old have embedded in the belief of a solely masculine authoritarian God who demands unquestioning obedience and who punishes those who doesn't.also that fear was essential to sustain Christians.
.Within the 1st centuries of the Christian era they formed the ideological foundation for much of the dark side of the Christian Church history (100-400 C.E.).
Christian church based not upon love and support but upon fear. The Bible repeatedly exhorts people to fear God and keep his commandments, this was the duty of man.It was also in belief that God must be prone to anger to demand disciple,at this time God was to believed to have masculine and feminine aspects.
Between 200-500 C.E. Christianity became the official religion for the Roman Empire. and they revised Christian writings to make Christianity more acceptable, they chose form many gospels and writings to construct the bible,them the church edited ti's messages with each translation and Gospel scholars showed that a few of the gospels9scriptures contradict one another,but let it remain.
300-500C.E. the church formulated it's doctrine to justifies it's use of force in order .
Some of the doctrine is as follows:a person can have free will and responsible for his actions.
Th Church formulated it's position regarding reincarnation. The Christian scholar believed and that the human soul exists before it is incarnated into a physical body that the human soul passe from one body to another on earth until he is reunited with God after total enlightenment..It wasn't until 533 the Second Council decided to remove that from the doctrine, and told the Christians not to believe this at all. His reasoning was because if a soul continues to live and incarnate lifetime after lifetime he won't be subject to damnation, he had to maintain that control. I got more info to come.

Well, since you claim to practice witchcraft, and the fact that you have not be burned at the stake, yet, might indicate that Christianity improved a bit.

Ciao

- viole

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
I guess a lot of people don't have a clue about about the relevance of trying to see where Christians came from and why they are how they are today.and

This is not the first time I have read that in the old christian days they believe in reincarnation. Google it. google it all.

How about you and I get into the dark history of the New Age movement like how it is rooted in the pernicious racism of Madam Blavatsky, the schizophrenic posturings of Edgar Cayce and the charlantries of J.Z Knight and others of their ilk. I sure didn't see anything big happen during that Harmonic Convergence thing.[/QUOTE

I really don't believe New Age is rooted on racism, I am gonna look up all the names you gave me that are suppose to be Dark History of New Age,cause I don't think they have anything to do with a dark side.

Also I looked up Madame Helena Blavatsky, and just like I thought she has nothing to do with racism
f all the names associated with modern spirituality, that of Madame Helena Blavatsky—or as she preferred to be called—is surely one of the most controversial. Although she died more than a century ago, Blavatsky’s name still turns up in serious discussions about “ancient wisdom,” “secret teachings,” and “inner knowledge,”(nothing to do about dark)

There is no way New Age is rooted on racism and so what if Edgar Cayce writes on schizophrenic, he has wrote a lot of books on different subjects
Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. (A.R.E.®), is a nonprofit organization founded in 1931 by Edgar Cayce (1877-1945), to research and explore new age subjects such as holistic health, ancient mysteries, new age spirituality, dreams and dream interpretation, intuition, philosophy and reincarnation - as discussed in the psychic readings of Edgar Cayce.( nothing to do with anything dark!!)

The New Age (also referred to as the New Age Movement, New Age spirituality, and Cosmic Humanism) for all that seeks "Universal Truth" and the attainment of the highest individual human potential. It includes aspects of astrology, alternative medicine, music, collectivism, ,Divination,sustainability,esoteric-ism,metaphysics and nature. New Age spirituality is characterized by an individual approach to spiritual practices and philosophies, and the rejection of religious doctrine and dogma. Eastern spiritual practices and techniques are included,and many more to grow spiritually.(nothing to do with dark)

JZ Knight and Ramtha have captivated and inspired audiences worldwide for the last three decades, bridging ancient wisdom and the power of consciousness together with the latest discoveries in science. JZ Knight has appeared on national TV shows, such as Larry King and The Merv Griffin Show, offering spiritual insight and inspiration to thousands of people from all over the world and all walks of life, including many well-known figures from the entertainment world.{nothing dark)

During Harmonic Convergence, the spirits of light and dark battle for the fate of the world and both Wan and Korra have used the amplified spiritual energy to fuse with Raava.. (nothing dark)

I expected as much, I just felt that none of those wouldn't be dark, I just don't think we have a Dark Side of New Age.

Anything else I can help you with?

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Yep needs citations. 'Wall of text' disease. Even lots of ketchup couldn't improve it.
No it doesn't need nothing at all,One my 1st post I know it was all right, I got it from a very popular book the name of the book so you can check is called "The Dark Side of Christian History" by Helen Ellerbe and all her ref. are in back of book. maybe you can learn something cause from that post you sound like a kid.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Well, since you claim to practice witchcraft, and the fact that you have not be burned at the stake, yet, might indicate that Christianity improved a bit.

Ciao

- viole
Oh definitely changed as far as burning me at stake.But Christians haven't changed about thinking witchcraft is of the devil, and I am sinning by practicing and I'm going to hell. and how they treat us.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Sort of like staring at a pile of coal and thats all you see. If thats all you see do you see more than what you are complaining about?

I could tell you of a man who decended into hell, and stood firm and proclaimed i will not bend.
That dude was a Gem, a diamond in the coal Dust. He wrote about it very recent btw.

I could write about the farmer poet railing against the church as he is in church..

I could write about a thousand gems in that pile of coal. Ypu on the othrr hand have yet to point out even one.

I might further go on when you disrespect the faith you disrepect the late great Reverand Martin Luther King. And that list i can go on. and on all day long. RESPECT TRUTH... yes it can be a coal pile but from coal comes diamonds. Seeing diamonds is hard work stop neing lazy. Being a diamond is even harder get to work.

I have a dream speech.
Sort of like staring at a pile of coal and thats all you see. If thats all you see do you see more than what you are complaining about?

I could tell you of a man who decended into hell, and stood firm and proclaimed i will not bend.
That dude was a Gem, a diamond in the coal Dust. He wrote about it very recent btw.

I could write about the farmer poet railing against the church as he is in church..

I could write about a thousand gems in that pile of coal. Ypu on the othrr hand have yet to point out even one.

I might further go on when you disrespect the faith you disrepect the late great Reverand Martin Luther King. And that list i can go on. and on all day long. RESPECT TRUTH... yes it can be a coal pile but from coal comes diamonds. Seeing diamonds is hard work stop neing lazy. Being a diamond is even harder get to work.

I have a dream speech.

Pleas tell me where I disrespected the faith, I just stated some facts.and asked a question,which I haven't really got a answer yet.I do respect truth,thats why I posted the question in the first place, that's why I went studying so I could find the truth . So your point is.......

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch

Ciao

I am not trying to be smart, but I don't claim to practice witchcraft, I do practice witchcraft.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Are you defending a delusion by pointing out a delusion? Although i also know broad brushing anything always gives us the results we want. i also know factually christianity has many many diamonds amongst the coal dust.
what in the world are you talking about. I'm not del
if life has particular qualities.....and those items are arrived at by a certain set of mindsets.....

then death comes to those who cannot follow

I'm not going to follow anything I don't agree with or doesn't make sense to me.And I'm not worried about death. Even if you follow it, death is still gonna come,

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Only the Gnostics believe in that **** and they were sorts of ****** up. Bunch of nonsensical Bull**** masquerading as something profound and transcendent when all it was is a fraud and a mass of confusion
Don't be so sure that it's a fraud when you really don't know if it's possible, just like you don't know what will happen when you die.I'm not going to judge you for what you may believe.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
People are fallen and in need of redemption. Is it a surprise? Christ came to save sinners
no it isn't a surprise about that. But I was surprised to see how Christians back then felt about women!! among some other things.

The DARK

is where i dwell

Endless long story

Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden were met with satan, a physical presence unto them.

Jesus was met with satan, a physical presence unto him.

I was 5 years old, kind garden age (oopsie, kindergarten age) when satan physically presented itself to me.

Know more: I grew up in a city called Everett.

See the signs: kindergarten, Everett (think: Garden of Eden, Eve).

As you know, apple is the symbol of the fruit in the garden and apple is a symbol of kindergarten (gift given to a teacher) and apple is a symbol of knowledge.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU THINK I HAVE?

electric birds and wild crazy bees (the birds and the bees?!)

I once heard that satan is the so-called god of sexual immorality.

What sort of sex exists in a 5 year old honey pot?

Only the satanic sort, unkind.

Hey, satan just showed up in my temple as a visitor, messenger, a sign and a friggen haunt.

WHAAAAAT do you WANT, you horrid lizard? STILL after mike hunt?

Satan ain't my guardian angel, if that's what you're thinking.

Sigh...

Hear this: come to the dark side, we have cookies.

Know this: I've been to the dark side and I tossed my cookies.

Stick with me, kiddo. Let's toss our cookies together ❤

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I’d say that in its most early form, before it was adopted as the official religion of the Roman Empire, it was mostly a force for good

...after which it became to be in many ways a force for bad as it got corrupted by its association with power and developed an extensive dark side and lost its way

But I think today it is now once again mostly a force for good, on balance. Although that's not to deny that it has a dark side.

The thing is, with Christianity, there are so many different versions to consider and what goes for some doesn't for others

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
No it doesn't need nothing at all,One my 1st post I know it was all right, I got it from a very popular book the name of the book so you can check is called "The Dark Side of Christian History" by Helen Ellerbe and all her ref. are in back of book. maybe you can learn something cause from that post you sound like a kid.
I do sound like a kid in that post, true; but I'm over 40. Truth is I stopped caring about ketchup over five years ago. :( If I was too mean I am sorry.

shmogie

I guess a lot of people don't have a clue about about the relevance of trying to see where Christians came from and why they are how they are today.and

I really appreciate your like, I got a lot of flack for a few, and I'm still not sure why? maybe they didn't read the whole thing. anyway I'm glad someone get's it.

This is not the first time I have read that in the old christian days they believe in reincarnation. Google it. google it all.
Not my responsibility. You can read all kinds of things, that doesn´t make them true.

shmogie

Only the Gnostics believe in that **** and they were sorts of ****** up. Bunch of nonsensical Bull**** masquerading as something profound and transcendent when all it was is a fraud and a mass of confusion
Correct, and there were different sects of gnostics. They were declared heretics, which they were/are

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
The DARK

is where i dwell

Endless long story

Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden were met with satan, a physical presence unto them.

Jesus was met with satan, a physical presence unto him.

I was 5 years old, kind garden age (oopsie, kindergarten age) when satan physically presented itself to me.

Know more: I grew up in a city called Everett.

See the signs: kindergarten, Everett (think: Garden of Eden, Eve).

As you know, apple is the symbol of the fruit in the garden and apple is a symbol of kindergarten (gift given to a teacher) and apple is a symbol of knowledge.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU THINK I HAVE?

electric birds and wild crazy bees (the birds and the bees?!)

I once heard that satan is the so-called god of sexual immorality.

What sort of sex exists in a 5 year old honey pot?

Only the satanic sort, unkind.

Hey, satan just showed up in my temple as a visitor, messenger, a sign and a friggen haunt.

WHAAAAAT do you WANT, you horrid lizard? STILL after mike hunt?

Satan ain't my guardian angel, if that's what you're thinking.

Sigh...

Hear this: come to the dark side, we have cookies.

Know this: I've been to the dark side and I tossed my cookies.

Stick with me, kiddo. Let's toss our cookies together ❤

OK............