• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity Conversion

Did you become or leave Christianity? Pick the option that best describes:

• I was originally a Christian but have left for a different religion.

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • I was of a different religion, but I am now Christian

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I was of a different religion, tried Christianity, but then left it.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I was never a Christian.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • I have always been a Christian.

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Born Jewish. Raised liberal reform Jew. Went through matriarchal phase to pantheism to atheism. Atheist now 6 years.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You left out an option:

"I was raised as a Christian, left Christianity, and then returned."

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
You left out an option:

"I was raised as a Christian, left Christianity, and then returned."
My bad! I didn't see that as happening though. My thoughts are once people leave Christianity they never come back, although I do have to admit that was one sided thinking on my part.

I was once a Christian, Southern Baptist to be specific. I accepted Jesus as Lord n Savior, was Baptised. I left when I was 12... Never looked back... I have been agnostic ever sense, therefore I selected christian to another religion eventhough I don't consider agnosticism a religion...

uu_sage

I was a raised as a Evangelical/Fundamentalist Christian in the confessional Lutheran and Baptist traditions then left those traditions at 16. From there I was a humanist, then evolved to an eclectic theology with Buddhist-Pagan leanings then became a liberal Christian in the Universalist tradition.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Born and raised Catholic for...14 years. Fundamentalist Baptist for 2 years. Agnostic for 1 year. Atheist for 2 years.

blackout

Violet.
1.raised christian,
2.disregarded it (the bests I could... taboos and all),
3.actively embraced it,
4.threw it out... taboos and all.

I'm now 41.
It would have been better for me as a person
to have been born into a non doctrinal home.
It took many years for me to sort through
(on a deep enough level)
and finally discard once and for all.

geofra

Slow, but I get there.
I am baptized, my parents took me to church every Sunday, they enrolled me in CCD classes, they did all of the things they could do to raise a Christian (Catholic) child. But I have never accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. Since that is the great tenet of Christianity, then one can say I've never been a Christian.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was a devout Christian much of my teen and adult years but no longer adhere to the religion. I just don't care for it anymore on a personal level.

Evee

I was never Christian. I DID once accidentally get stuck in a church in Munich during a service. Who knew that there were services on Sunday NIGHTS?!

Masaru~

Born a Roman-Catholic, then became an agnostic atheist, and then i read buddha's teachings, which started my interest in religions, and my adventure in mahayana buddhism =)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
There isn't a poll option that really fits well with me.

I was raised generally non-religious but with some Christian influences. In early adulthood, I started seriously considering what I believed and ought to believe about religion and came to the conclusion that I was some sort of non-theist.

Since then, I've examined several forms of Christianity. I wouldn't say that I got deeply involved in them enough to say that I tried them, but the two that stand out are the Catholic Church (which I suppose I always felt a mental disconnect towards, but which I've given as honest consideration of it as I know how) and the Society of Friends - I attended my local Quaker meeting on-and-off for a while to see what it was like, and while some aspects appealed to me, I never really took to it.