• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity All Power Seized

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 28:
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

The Key here that the promises is Jesus the Chrst will be with us to the end of the age, thus when the new age begins, we have new decisions to make. As the Father will come in a New Name and show us of what Christ did offer.

Regards Tony

Rise

I do not beleive that in any way shape or form.

I see Christ has all power given by God.

It's not clear to me what you're saying.

Are you saying you don't believe the Bible is true?

Or are you saying you don't believe the Bible says all power and authority currently resides with Jesus Christ?

If the later, I can demonstrate the Bible does say precisely that.

The Key here that the promises is Jesus the Chrst will be with us to the end of the age, thus when the new age begins, we have new decisions to make. As the Father will come in a New Name and show us of what Christ did offer.

It is impossible for your viewpoint to be true based on what the Bible already says will happen.

We see in Revelation the following things happen in order:
1. That followers of Christ continue to do His will, by His power, until the end times tribulation.
2. At which point Jesus returns to rule and reign with His church over the earth for 1,000 years.
3. After which the world is tested one last time and then the earth is destroyed by fire an a new world is created. It is the total fulfillment of God's plan for man.
4. Eternity with Christ begins.

So no where in this does it leave any room for your belief to be true.

You can't say that power and authority is currently no longer with the Christians unless you want to say the Bible isn't true.

Because we know Jesus's hasn't returned yet.
And the 1,000 year reign hasn't even begun, much less ended.

And we definitely know the world hasn't been totally destroyed and restarted as a new creation.

It may not be a person that uses the name Christain, that will fulfill this requirement in the New Day of God.
The Bible tells us that by definition you cannot have the power and authority of Christ to operate in without being in Christ. Which means obeying Christ. Which means by definition you'd be a "Christian".

A Christian by definition is one who follows Christ. The original orgin of that word is "little christ". Meaning "one who is like Christ". And we know by definition in John 15 that one who obeys Christ will love like Christ. So to obey/follow Christ and be like Him are one in the same.

Therefore, it is impossible for you to claim that anyone could replace Christians to operate in the power and authority of Christ when being a "Christian" by definition is what is required to in order to partake in said power and authority.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Does there ever come a time when a notion or an idea that may have been useful at the start is no longer as useful as another alternative?

What I am getting at here is not that "atheism" is more useful than "religion." That's not what I am saying. What I am trying to do is point out that all you have provided here is a completely insufficient argument for why religion may still be of use. And all you state is that it is useful because it helped something along in the past. That is irrelevant to today, honestly. If we were to find ourselves again completely in the dark, without any of the knowledge we have gained over the centuries, then yes, maybe religion would be of some help to get through that time again as you posit it was in your assessment... but we aren't in that time, and so if this is all you have to provide as a counter-point, then you have provided nothing.

Using stones to cut wood may have worked originally, but once you have wielded an ax you are never going to want to pick up a stone for the job again.
You have raised some very valid points. So, do you think that religion has seen its day because this is the scientific age, so science can replace religion? Baha’is believe this is an entirely new cycle of religion, a new age, the age of reason and science, so the older superstitions religions no longer meet the needs of the times. An essential teaching of the Baha’i Faith is the harmony of science and religion.

Science and Religion

Bahá’ís reject the notion that there is an inherent conflict between science and religion, a notion that became prevalent in intellectual discourse at a time when the very conception of each system of knowledge was far from adequate. The harmony of science and religion is one of the fundamental principles of the Bahá’í Faith, which teaches that religion, without science, soon degenerates into superstition and fanaticism, while science without religion becomes merely the instrument of crude materialism. “Religion,” according to the Bahá’í writings, “is the outer expression of the divine reality. Therefore, it must be living, vitalized, moving and progressive.”1Science is the first emanation from God toward man. All created things embody the potentiality of material perfection, but the power of intellectual investigation and scientific acquisition is a higher virtue specialized to man alone. Other beings and organisms are deprived of this potentiality and attainment.2

So far as earthly existence is concerned, many of the greatest achievements of religion have been moral in character. Through its teachings and through the examples of human lives illumined by these teachings, masses of people in all ages and lands have developed the capacity to love, to give generously, to serve others, to forgive, to trust in God, and to sacrifice for the common good. Social structures and institutional systems have been devised that translate these moral advances into the norms of social life on a vast scale. In the final analysis, the spiritual impulses set in motion by the Founders of the world’s religions—the Manifestations of God—have been the chief influence in the civilizing of human character.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá has described science as the “most noble” of all human virtues and “the discoverer of all things”.3 Science has enabled society to separate fact from conjecture. Further, scientific capabilities—of observing, of measuring, of rigorously testing ideas—have allowed humanity to construct a coherent understanding of the laws and processes governing physical reality, as well as to gain insights into human conduct and the life of society.

Taken together, science and religion provide the fundamental organizing principles by which individuals, communities, and institutions function and evolve.

(Excerpts from: Science and Religion | What Bahá’ís Believe)

According to the teachings of the Baha’i Faith, religion needs to be renewed in every age and if religion had not been renewed it would have died out long, long ago. When a religion has fulfilled its purpose, God sends a new Messenger to renew religion.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

Moreover, religions are like seasons of the year, and when a season ends religion becomes barren and lifeless, so it needs to be renewed. Throughout religious history, God speaks to men precisely at times when they have reached the nadir of their degradation and cultural decadence.

“All that lives, and this includes the religions, have springtime, a time of maturity, of harvest and wintertime. Then religion becomes barren, a lifeless adherence to the letter uninformed by the spirit, and man’s spiritual life declines. When we look at religious history, we see that God has spoken to men precisely at times when they have reached the nadir of their degradation and cultural decadence. Moses came to Israel when it was languishing under the Pharaoh’s yoke, Christ appeared at a time when the Jewish Faith had lost its power and culture of antiquity was in its death those. Muhammad came to a people who lived in barbaric ignorance at the lowest level of culture and into a world in which the former religions had strayed far away from their origins and nearly lost their identity. The Bab addressed Himself to a people who had irretrievably lost their former grandeur and who found themselves in a state of hopeless decadence. Baha’u’llah came to a humanity which was approaching the most critical phase of its history.” (Udo Schaefer, The Light Shineth in Darkness, p. 24)

The Baha’i Faith is a religion that is expanded, updated, in keeping with the needs and requirements of the times. Baha’u’llah met with opposition and persecution precisely because of the new teachings He revealed. New teachings are always resisted by the former religions.

"Baha’u’llah, in his second letter to Napoleon III, responded to the criticism of the founding a new religion in the following way:

More grievous became Our plight from day to day, nay, from hour to hour, until they took Us forth from Our prison and made Us, with glaring injustice, enter the Most Great Prison. And if anyone ask them: “For what crime were they imprisoned?”, they would answer and say: “They, verily, sought to supplant the Faith [Islam] with a new religion!” If that which is ancient be what ye prefer, wherefore, then, have ye discarded that which hath been set down in the Torah and the Evangel? … If this be My crime, then Muhammad, the Apostle of God, committed it before Me, and before Him He Who was the Spirit of God [Jesus], and yet earlier He Who conversed with God [Moses]. – Baha’u’llah, Summons of the Lord of Hosts

To expand on Baha’u’llah’s three examples — of Muhammad, Christ, and Moses — one may say that the new religion that Moses founded was a renewal of the prior religion of Abraham. Similarly, the new religion that Christ established was a renewal of Judaism, from a certain perspective. The new religion that Muhammad established was, in the same sense, a renewal of Christianity.

Baha’is believe that each of these new religions, respectively brought by Moses, Christ, and Muhammad, contained elements of the previous religions. So the phrase “religion renewed” means a Faith that is expanded, updated, in keeping with the needs and requirements of the times. Each new religion brings new teachings from God, enshrined in each new Holy Book……..

The Book of Revelation’s prophetic promise of “a new heaven and a new earth,” by definition, foretells a new religion, a part of heaven and earth. Baha’is believe that the Baha’i Faith is that promised and prophesied new religion – for religion renewed means a new religion!"

(Excerpts from: https://bahaiteachings.org/religion-renewed-means-new-religion)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's not clear to me what you're saying.
Are you saying you don't believe the Bible is true?

No I am not saying that. This thread was on that topic.

The Bible a sure Spiritual Guide.

Or are you saying you don't believe the Bible says all power and authority currently resides with Jesus Christ?
If the later, I can demonstrate the Bible does say precisely that.

I see all Power is God's alone and God gives that power through Christ. I see the Bible shows the later day Messiah will guide us unto all truth.

It is impossible for your viewpoint to be true based on what the Bible already says will happen.

I see it is more than probable, as I see it has happened.

We see in Revelation the following things happen in order:
1. That followers of Christ continue to do His will, by His power, until the end times tribulation.
2. At which point Jesus returns to rule and reign with His church over the earth for 1,000 years.
3. After which the world is tested one last time and then the earth is destroyed by fire an a new world is created. It is the total fulfillment of God's plan for man.
4. Eternity with Christ begins.

So no where in this does it leave any room for your belief to be true.

I see that is my belief and all that is what happened for my belief to be born in the first place. It indeed happened as you listed. The issue is, Christians are not looking for a new name, nor are they considering a new Jerusalem.

They still await the same flesh of Jesus to return.

You can't say that power and authority is currently no longer with the Christians unless you want to say the Bible isn't true.

It is because the Bible is true, that the power was seized. It is Biblical, as Jesus offered many would call out in His name in the Last Days and He would not know them.

Because we know Jesus's hasn't returned yet.
And the 1,000 year reign hasn't even begun, much less ended.

I see the return unfolded in 1844 and Elijah again came first, the Glory of God, the Father entered through the Gate and the reign began.

There will now be another 1000 years before the next Message from God.

And we definitely know the world hasn't been totally destroyed and restarted as a new creation

That is because it is not the material world that is destroyed. The new creation is the New Word from God and that Word makes all things new.

The Bible tells us that by definition you cannot have the power and authority of Christ to operate in without being in Christ. Which means obeying Christ. Which means by definition you'd be a "Christian".

That definition is very limited. The scope of the following passage does not mean you need to have the name Christain. I say there are just as many Hindu, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Muslims, people without any faith and Baha'i doing as much of the Fathers will, as there are with the name Christain.

Matthew 12:50 "For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

A Christian by definition is one who follows Christ. The original orgin of that word is "little christ". Meaning "one who is like Christ". And we know by definition in John 15 that one who obeys Christ will love like Christ. So to obey/follow Christ and be like Him are one in the same.

I see the definition is again limited. To say only those who call themselves Christains are doing as Christ asked, is insulting to many people.

Therefore, it is impossible for you to claim that anyone could replace Christians to operate in the power and authority of Christ when being a "Christian" by definition is what is required to in order to partake in said power and authority.

God works the impossible all the time. God doeth as God so Willeth.

It was Baha'u'llah that said all power was seized, not me. I see what Baha'u'llah has unfolded, to such an extent that every Christain now see they have the right interpretation.

So how many Christains now take what a priest says as nothing but Gospel Truth?

Regards Tony

A Vestigial Mote

So, do you think that religion has seen its day because this is the scientific age, so science can replace religion?
I specifically made sure to tell you that this was NOT what I was saying. All I was saying was that what you said was not a valid point in your favor.

Unless you can display utility of religion in today's society and conditions (which you probably can on some level), then you are not doing religion any favors by pointing back and saying "religion helped establish civilization." That doesn't matter anymore. Yeah, good, great, "religion was able to help foster civilization" - but can it maintain a consistent track record? That's what matters. Make the points about what it is accomplishing now. And if it doesn't stand up to other ideologies that are doing more in certain areas, then that too should be noted, and not just swept under the rug because "religion did 'X' some several thousand years ago."

exchemist

Veteran Member
The documents are preserved and they were written in Arabic and Persian, so there is no 'supposedly written' quandary. That is now an historical fact.

From a religious perspective, one does not have to be an Einstein to understand that when God sends a Messenger a New World is already unfolding. The fact the 1800's were a time of great change only supports what was written 1000's of years ago, what would happen when God did sent the later day Messiah.

In the end that is the choice people have. There is only two paths I see. The Message is the Truth, or it is not.

Thus, if it is the Truth, then it is the answer to all the issues we face in this age and the prosperity of the world unfolds to the extent we embrace the Mesaage and the demise is to the extent we neglect the Message.

As to the rulers of that time, they one and all met their demise, all of them that ignored the message met a bad end and the ability to impart any future influence.

Those that did not totally ignore the message, did continue to impart some influence. Most notable is that of the Queen of England's ongoing legacy.

The future will submit to the wisdom given and embrace the given Mesaage, but only after much more pain is inflicted by those that chuckle.

Regards Tony
What do you mean "all of them met a bad end?". Did Pius IX? He lived to the ripe old age of 86 and is chiefly remembered for calling the first Vatican Council. Did Queen Victoria, who ruled for longer than any previous British monarch, presided over the British Empire as it reached its apogee and lived to 81? Did Wilhelm I of Prussia, who presided over the unification of Germany, lived to the age of 90 and was known subsequently as Wilhelm the Great?

And did any of these rulers he wrote to NOT ignore the message - or Message? Which ones and what did they do about it?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you mean "all of them met a bad end?". Did Pius IX? He lived to the ripe old age of 86 and is chiefly remembered for calling the first Vatican Council. Did Queen Victoria, who ruled for longer than any previous British monarch, presided over the British Empire as it reached its apogee and lived to 81? Did Wilhelm I of Prussia, who presided over the unification of Germany, lived to the age of 90 and was known subsequently as Wilhelm the Great?

And did any of these rulers he wrote to NOT ignore the message - or Message? Which ones and what did they do about it?

Thank you for the question.

Some of he individual letters were written to these Rulers
I will start with Queen Victoria.

Baha’u’llah’s tablet to Queen Victoria praised her for the British system of parliamentary democracy and commended her for abolishing the slave trade: ‘We have been informed’ he wrote, ‘that you have forbidden the trading in slaves, both men and women. This truly, is what God has enjoined in this wondrous Revelation’.

The queen is the only person who has been said to respond to Baha'ullah's Message. She reportedly responded “If this is of God it will endure; if not, it can do no harm.”

Baha'u'llah said her reign would last and one of her grand-daughters, who became Queen Marie of Rumania embraced the Message of Baha'u'llah and offered to us all this thought;

" The Bahá'í teaching brings peace and understanding. It is like a wide embrace gathering together all those who have long searched for words of hope. It accepts great prophets gone before, it destroys no other creeds and leaves all doors open. Saddened by the continual strife among believers of many confessions and wearied by their intolerance towards one another, I discovered in the Bahá'í teaching the real spirit of Christ so often denied and misunderstood. Unity instead of strife, hope instead of condemnation, love instead of hate, and a great reassurance for all men."

As for Pope Pius IX, a great example how Gods Message works.

Baha'u'llah the prisoner in Akka writes to the Pope in 1868 and at that time the Pope has reached an apex He had now become notable for convoking the Vatican Council in 1868. But there was no response to the call of Bha'u'llah to embrace the new Message from God and the trouble that was brewing came to a conclusion. The Italian nationalists were against the Papal States, which ended in the seizure of the city of Rome in 1870 and the dissolution of the Papal States. The Pope declaring himself a "prisoner of the Vatican" thus he was the last Sovereign Ruler of the Papal States.

The power of the Catholic Church was seized, its wide embracing influence, lost.

The letters written by Baha'u'llah are available. What happened to the rulers now history. I always consider that a prisoner called all humanity to unity, when He did so he offered the Most Great Peace was obtainable if we accepted. It was also recorded what would happen if we did not choose the Most Great Peace, that we must eventually cling to a Lesser Peace only after the world suffered a series of afflictions brought upon our own selves.

This is a massive subject. Regards Tony

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This thread is a result of a comment made in;

The Bible a sure Spiritual Guide.

The comment was:

".... God drowned almost all of humanity. Then he drowned the Egyptian army. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. He had his people kill every living thing in Jericho. He had Elijah kill the prophets of Baal. God didn't seem to like anyone, but his chosen people. And, even with them, it was tough love"."

I personally see God gives a Message as to how Humanity can find Unity and Peace in submission to that Message and the Laws that Message contains.

At the same time the Message of hope also contains the warning of the results of the neglect of that Message.

I see history has repeated. For the purpose of this thread, I offer the view we live in a world where our neglect of a Message, is again reaping the results of our neglect to embrace it.

Imagine as we live a couple of hundred years ago and are a Christian. The Pope and ecclesiastical branch and the priests of other branches that had control over men's minds. It was they that were controlling how people were to see Jesus and Christ, it was they that told the masses how they should see the Bible.

But change was in the air, mankind was awakening to find their own voice in these matters and the change came in the mid 1800's, a time of mass expectation in Christianity.

Pope Pius IX received a letter from a prisoner, from the Holy land no less and when he opened the Letter He would read;

"O Pope! Rend the veils asunder. He Who is the Lord of Lords is come overshadowed with clouds, and the decree hath been fulfilled by God, the Almighty, the Unrestrained. Dispel the mists through the power of thy Lord, and ascend unto the Kingdom of His names and attributes. Thus hath the Pen of the Most High commanded thee at the behest of thy Lord, the Almighty, the All-Compelling. He, verily, hath again come down from Heaven even as He came down from it the first time. Beware that thou dispute not with Him even as the Pharisees disputed with Him without a clear token or proof.... "

The rest of the letter is here.

The Summons of the Lord of Hosts | Bahá’í Reference Library

The letter goes on to offer Promise and warnings of neglect of embracing the promise contained within.

The Pope chose neglect and one of the warnings was that all Power would be seized from the Pope and Ecclesiastes. That they no longer will have the authority to guide the mind of men.

The stage is set. If the Message the Pope read is from God, then....

All Power to influence humanity as a whole no longer resides in the Christain faith as it is now been recorded, “Power hath been seized” indeed from both “kings and ecclesiastics.” The glory of the former has been eclipsed, the power of the latter irretrievably lost.

The question is.

Can it be seen that that power has been seized?

The Debate is about Scriptural promises and warnings. If we have been warned, can we blame the Messenger, who is the voice of God and thus can we blame God for our neglect?

Regards Tony
What Mirza said is irrelevant to me. I don't see why a Christian would care what he has to say about the Pope.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Thank you for the question.

Some of he individual letters were written to these Rulers
I will start with Queen Victoria.

Baha’u’llah’s tablet to Queen Victoria praised her for the British system of parliamentary democracy and commended her for abolishing the slave trade: ‘We have been informed’ he wrote, ‘that you have forbidden the trading in slaves, both men and women. This truly, is what God has enjoined in this wondrous Revelation’.

The queen is the only person who has been said to respond to Baha'ullah's Message. She reportedly responded “If this is of God it will endure; if not, it can do no harm.”

Baha'u'llah said her reign would last and one of her grand-daughters, who became Queen Marie of Rumania embraced the Message of Baha'u'llah and offered to us all this thought;

" The Bahá'í teaching brings peace and understanding. It is like a wide embrace gathering together all those who have long searched for words of hope. It accepts great prophets gone before, it destroys no other creeds and leaves all doors open. Saddened by the continual strife among believers of many confessions and wearied by their intolerance towards one another, I discovered in the Bahá'í teaching the real spirit of Christ so often denied and misunderstood. Unity instead of strife, hope instead of condemnation, love instead of hate, and a great reassurance for all men."

As for Pope Pius IX, a great example how Gods Message works.

Baha'u'llah the prisoner in Akka writes to the Pope in 1868 and at that time the Pope has reached an apex He had now become notable for convoking the Vatican Council in 1868. But there was no response to the call of Bha'u'llah to embrace the new Message from God and the trouble that was brewing came to a conclusion. The Italian nationalists were against the Papal States, which ended in the seizure of the city of Rome in 1870 and the dissolution of the Papal States. The Pope declaring himself a "prisoner of the Vatican" thus he was the last Sovereign Ruler of the Papal States.

The power of the Catholic Church was seized, its wide embracing influence, lost.

The letters written by Baha'u'llah are available. What happened to the rulers now history. I always consider that a prisoner called all humanity to unity, when He did so he offered the Most Great Peace was obtainable if we accepted. It was also recorded what would happen if we did not choose the Most Great Peace, that we must eventually cling to a Lesser Peace only after the world suffered a series of afflictions brought upon our own selves.

This is a massive subject. Regards Tony
So Queen Victoria replied , did she? That's interesting. But I note she did not do anything as a result of receiving this Message. Her reply amounts to a polite way of saying "Get lost". And that did her no harm.

As for the pope, the loss of the papal states was obviously inevitable and has been a huge benefit to the Catholic Church. It was quite anachronistic to have a religious leader controlling territory, like a king, in the c.19th.

And Wilhelm I of Prussia seems to have done OK as well.

So your suggestion that they all came to a bad end doesn't stand up.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What Mirza said is irrelevant to me. I don't see why a Christian would care what he has to say about the Pope.

Both you and any Christian and any person does indeed have that choice.

Our choices make our future and the future of humanity as a whole, thus I wish for you all the best choices.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That doesn't matter anymore. Yeah, good, great, "religion was able to help foster civilization" - but can it maintain a consistent track record? That's what matters. Make the points about what it is accomplishing now. And if it doesn't stand up to other ideologies that are doing more in certain areas, then that too should be noted, and not just swept under the rug because "religion did 'X' some several thousand years ago."
I agree that what matters is what religion is accomplishing now, not what happened in the past. The past is gone.

I do not know what the other world religions are doing about the serious problems that are facing humanity in this new age, I only know what the Baha'i Faith is doing.

What Bahá’ís Do

Since the inception of the Bahá’í Faith in the Nineteenth Century, a growing number of people have found in the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh a compelling vision of a better world. Many have drawn insights from these teachings—for example, on the oneness of humanity, on the equality of women and men, on the elimination of prejudice, on the harmony of science and religion—and have sought to apply Bahá’í principles to their lives and work. Others have gone further and have decided to join the Bahá’í community and participate in its efforts to contribute directly to the realization of Bahá’u’lláh’s stupendous vision for humanity’s coming of age.

Bahá’ís hail from all walks of life. Young and old, men and women alike, they live alongside others in every land and belong to every nation. They share a common goal of serving humanity and refining their inner-lives in accordance with the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh. The community to which they belong is one of learning and action, free from any sense of superiority or claim to exclusive understanding of truth. It is a community that strives to cultivate hope for the future of humanity, to foster purposeful effort, and to celebrate the endeavours of all those in the world who work to promote unity and alleviate human suffering.

What Bahá’ís Do | The Bahá’í Faith

This five minute video will give you a snapshot of what the Baha’i Faith is about and what Baha’is are doing .

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So Queen Victoria replied , did she? That's interesting. But I note she did not do anything as a result of receiving this Message. Her reply amounts to a polite way of saying "Get lost". And that did her no harm.

As for the pope, the loss of the papal states was obviously inevitable and has been a huge benefit to the Catholic Church. It was quite anachronistic to have a religious leader controlling territory, like a king, in the c.19th.

And Wilhelm I of Prussia seems to have done OK as well.

So your suggestion that they all came to a bad end doesn't stand up.

I guess it depends greatly as to what one sees is a good end. You have mostly vindicated what Baha'u'llah offered to the Pope. In that letter he advised the Pope he should get out and look after His people and not lay up riches like a King.

Baha'u'llah wrote to Napoleon III to tell him of His demise, as to Wilhelm I of Prussia, this was written;

"Say: O King of Berlin! Give ear unto the Voice calling from this manifest Temple. Take heed lest pride debar thee from recognizing the Dayspring of Divine Revelation, lest earthly desires shut thee out, as by a veil, from the Lord of the Throne above and the earth below. Do thou remember the one whose power transcended thy power (Napoleon III), and whose station excelled thy station? Where is he? Whither are gone the things he possessed? Take warning, and be not of them that are fast asleep. He it was who cast the Tablet of God behind him, when we made known unto him what the host of tyranny had caused Us to suffer. Wherefore, disgrace assailed him from all sides, and he went down to dust in great loss. Think deeply, O King, concerning him, and concerning them who, like unto thee, have conquered cities and ruled over men. The All-Merciful brought them down from their palaces to their graves. Be warned, be of them who reflect."

Baha’u’llah concluded that tablet to William I with these prophecies:

"O banks of the Rhine! We have seen you covered with gore, inasmuch as the swords of retribution were drawn against you; and you shall have another turn. And We hear the lamentations. of Berlin, though she be today in conspicuous glory."

Two world wars resulted from that neglect.

There has never in the history of mankind to date been any better evidence given from a Messenger of God and never so many Prophecies fulfilled, but that stands to reason, as that is what prophecy of the end of ages was all about.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My Mother is a born again Christian and she was the first to show me how the Christian Faith has lost its power to influence the world as a whole.

I personally see It happens in what I see is Church surfing. That is going to one service after another, trying to find a "fit", the best wave, the best church for her. I see it is a fractured unity in a name Jesus. In her area alone, there are dozens of choices, all with another name over the door.

List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia

A house divided.

Matthew 12:25 "But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand....."

Regards Tony

thomas t

non-denominational Christian

Attachments

• polynesia-3021072_1920.jpg
    polynesia-3021072_1920.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 0

Nimos

here we disagree.
There is sound evidence for a loving God, I think. Take for instance this countryside: God made it look beautiful, because he loves us. This is at least my stance.

https://pixabay.com/photos/polynesia-french-polynesia-tahiti-3021072/
How is that evidence? And it's fair enough that this is what you believe, but it have no explanatory meaning to make such statement. Couldn't I just as well say that some aliens, who really like beautiful things brought life to Earth and that image prove that i'm right?

Give me one reason why that statement is less plausible than yours?

thomas t

How is that evidence? And it's fair enough that this is what you believe, but it have no explanatory meaning
the perception of the landscape is the data, the explanation is God made it look beautiful.

Most people see this landscape as beautiful. That's the data supporting the hypothesis that God made it look beautiful.
Theoretically it could be different and noone would find anything beautiful, for instance.
Give me one reason why that statement is less plausible than yours?
you basically say the same here: a loving creator created the beauty.
However, your hypothesis is a bit more complex, as I see it.
You need one more assumption as I do.
You seem to assume that humans and your aliens have the same taste.

Let's first hypothesize the explanation that has less complexity.

Nimos

the perception of the landscape is the data, the explanation is God made it look beautiful.

Most people see this landscape as beautiful. That's the data supporting the hypothesis that God made it look beautiful.
Theoretically it could be different and noone would find anything beautiful, for instance.
No that is not how one reason... I agree the landscape is beautiful, but that doesn't make God the explanation. The only thing the "data" support is that we or a majority of people perceive the landscape as being beautiful. That's it!!

you basically say the same here: a loving creator created the beauty.
Yes, or I could make the claim that it materialized out of thin air, doesn't really matter what I claim, when I don't have to prove anything anyway.

You seem to assume that humans and your aliens have the same taste.
No, why would I assume that, just because we perceive it as beautiful? For all, I know the aliens could have thrown it here and thought "Jeez, this is not good, we are heading back to our own planet.", which makes perfect sense, as they are not around anymore.

How is God a less complex explanation, the aliens only created Earth, your God is said to have created the whole Universe, is all powerful, all loving and all knowing. For the aliens this is no more complicated than you planting a flower in your garden, because they are really advanced.

This way of reasoning is absolutely useless and nonsense.

thomas t

The only thing the "data" support is that we or a majority of people perceive the landscape as being beautiful. That's it!!
the bolded phrase is the one I was going to explain.
it materialized out of thin air,
this would mean more complexity, as I see it. You would have to assume:
* landscapes can produce themselves out of "thin air"
* in a way that fits the physical laws in place
* in a way that is compatible with man living in it
* in such a way that we perceive it as beautiful
* landscapes suddenly stopped materialzing, as we don't see this happening right now.
I suppose that there are many more assumptions you would have to make to embrace the "thin air" hypothesis...

Let's hypothesize the explantion with less assumptions first.