• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity a Pagan religion

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Not only is Christianity based on Paganism but your bible is a farce. Theres 14,800 differences between the oldest bible and the one we read, it hasn't been translated as is its a fake.
You care to provide a copy of this mythical document for us? You just sitting on this thing, or what?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You care to provide a copy of this mythical document for us? You just sitting on this thing, or what?
I flat out asked if it is the book I linked to in post #21.

Still waiting to find out.
I most sincerely hope it is not that book, for her credibilities sake.
But since she will not reply.....

Riders

I flat out asked if it is the book I linked to in post #21.

Still waiting to find out.
I most sincerely hope it is not that book, for her credibilities sake.
But since she will not reply.....

I did reply but here it is again and no and yes I have the book.Sorry to disappoint you.

Riders

Lol at you being sure I made it up, the oldest King James in England is also quite different then ours according to another video. That's a different old bible I can get it to pretty pictures of it if you want. The bible we know now is nothing like the actual original bible.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Lol at you being sure I made it up, the oldest King James in England is also quite different then ours according to another video. That's a different old bible I can get it to pretty pictures of it if you want. The bible we know now is nothing like the actual original bible.
And to me that's the reason why we shouldn't take it too serious.

Riders

There is a copy of the oldest King james bible too but this isn't it. This is just the 1611 King james Bible here, I saw a video on how extreme different it is to us too.

Its got the 14 books of the Apocrypha in it is one thing the church has taken out. Theres no J in the alphabet and the words look quite different.I didn't watch all of the video but theres a bunch of differences.

upload_2017-1-13_1-35-28.png

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
There is a copy of the oldest King james bible too but this isn't it. This is just the 1611 King james Bible here, I saw a video on how extreme different it is to us too.

Its got the 14 books of the Apocrypha in it is one thing the church has taken out. Theres no J in the alphabet and the words look quite different.I didn't watch all of the video but theres a bunch of differences.

View attachment 15768
You know that the King James Bible was translated under duress and with rather terrible source materials, right?

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I haven't watched the video, but from what I gather it's just a zeitgeist repeat. Yawn. None of its claims stand to scrutiny.

If you think an English pun is a convincing argument against Christ, then frankly you're the type of person who'll accept anything as long as it's anti-Christian.

Riders

I haven't watched the video, but from what I gather it's just a zeitgeist repeat. Yawn. None of its claims stand to scrutiny.

If you think an English pun is a convincing argument against Christ, then frankly you're the type of person who'll accept anything as long as it's anti-Christian.

If all you got was the English pun you didn't even read or watch any of it. So without knowledge of what were talking about your opinion is worthless to me.

Riders

You know that the King James Bible was translated under duress and with rather terrible source materials, right?

No I didn't know that but that's very interesting. Thankyou for that detail and just one thing that I'm talking about yea. So It was not translated correctly. The modern bible doesn't even include the Apocrypha besides all the differences inside.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
No I didn't know that but that's very interesting. Thankyou for that detail and just one thing that I'm talking about yea. So It was not translated correctly. The modern bible doesn't even include the Apocrypha besides all the differences inside.
Protestant Bibles don't include the Apocrypha. Catholic Bibles do, but they refer to it more as "Secondary Canon".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Protestant Bibles don't include the Apocrypha. Catholic Bibles do, but they refer to it more as "Secondary Canon".
Orthodox Christian Bibles have even more books in their canons than the Catholic Bibles do, as well. I think Ethiopian Orthodox Bibles have the most.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
The 1611 King james has the Apocrypha in it and it wasn't Catholic was it?
It was during a time when the CoE wasn't sure how much of the Reformation it wanted to adopt. They'd broken off from the Vatican earlier than the Reformation, but really it was just Catholicism with the English Monarch replacing the Pope as the main authority(albeit only in the realm said monarch, they made no claims as to being the head of all of Christendom). Then Luther comes along and they cherry-pick some things they liked from him.

So yeah. The KJV is a mess. It was translated under threat of execution by people who did not fully understand the languages the Bible was originally written in(Koine Greek, Aramaic and so on). Really, the KJV is unarguably better in modern re-translations because the people doing it actually know what the **** they're talking about. Even if you're a Christian, if you're even remotely reasonable the oldest copies of the KJV are only worth-while from a cultural & historical point of view.