• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity a Pagan religion

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Thevideo I watched was 10 minutes long my last video I put up.
The first video was the really informative one, and I only objected to its execution. The recent one about the illusive illuminati is unfortunately a prank. The problem with the illuminati concept is that it purports there is a secret society, when actually those benefiting are not a secret. It has always been the priests that have benefited from malicious religious items. This is not a secret, so these people putting forward videos and books about the illuminati are pranksters. Just follow the money to find those in charge of malicious creations. Pastors and priests are the only 'Illuminati' that matter. The Masons are outsiders and a separate issue.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
ideas aren't usually exclusive to a belief system. they are often enculturated in to a culture based on the space and time; in which they evolved.

so yes, christianity is pagan from another belief system. people become fixated on forms at the expense of actions caused by ideas.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Perhaps, but archaically "pagan gods" were recognized as such, just not as "the one true god." I mean, I get what both he and you are saying, it's just a linguistic inconsistency that irks me.

Of course, so does "moot" but that's a topic for another time.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe Jesus brought the true and pure teachings first but that over time they became mixed with man made doctrines and teachings in attempts to adjust to changing times instead of accepting new Revelations and Prophets sent by God.

I believe man is fully capable of muddling things up but there is no need for further revelations or prophets because we have the Paraclete.

Riders

The first video was the really informative one, and I only objected to its execution. The recent one about the illusive illuminati is unfortunately a prank. The problem with the illuminati concept is that it purports there is a secret society, when actually those benefiting are not a secret. It has always been the priests that have benefited from malicious religious items. This is not a secret, so these people putting forward videos and books about the illuminati are pranksters. Just follow the money to find those in charge of malicious creations. Pastors and priests are the only 'Illuminati' that matter. The Masons are outsiders and a separate issue.

Yea but he said its not the Masons the Shriners or any of those groups. There is an Illuminati that the super rich and powerful belong to. Supposedly some performers including Kesha belongs to

One thing he said resognates with me, it does seem like Pastors and the super rich like to use the church to control us, were an over crowded planet, religion is a way to keep control of the masses and Christianity with its judgemental hell fire and brimstone is one way that works.

Ive always felt maybe some Theologins and Pastors who are rich and even not so rich aren't true believers but just those who feel putting the church in place will control people keep them from doing bad.

I wouldn't be surprise dif there are super rich controlling everything out there,its creepy but wouldn't surprise me.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Isn't it odd, how the Illuminati is a super-secret, shadow control society that is a major danger to everyone and everything and will kill with impunity, but everyone knows exactly what they're doing all the time?

Riders

The entertainment addictions that's another way of controlling us getting us hooked on entertainment, gaming addicts, tv addicts food drugs alcohol, keeps us distracted from seeing whats truly going on yea I can see that. It may not be exactly like that film said but there is a feeling I get that theres a lot more going on behind the scenes in our society.

Riders

Isn't it odd, how the Illuminati is a super-secret, shadow control society that is a major danger to everyone and everything and will kill with impunity, but everyone knows exactly what they're doing all the time?

I'm not saying theyre out to kill us. We don't know anything about them, we know they exist but theres a bunch of stuff we don't know and probably never will.Knowing they exist doesn't do anything to hurt their secrecy.They don't care but what they do they do it in secret.

Riders

Hey Ragin that that I said about Pastors and rich church leaders not being believers, my UU church told me a story about the first UU in Dallas.

They said most of the men who started it use to be theology students at the Baptist University .They said that they knew most true Baptist Theology students who would go on to be Pastors then in the 60s were not true believers.

They said its the only way to control the masses through church.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
One thing he said resognates with me, it does seem like Pastors and the super rich like to use the church to control us, were an over crowded planet, religion is a way to keep control of the masses and Christianity with its judgemental hell fire and brimstone is one way that works.
Yes. In old times we all lived by the divine right of the nobility, and they and the religions protected each other. If the ministers and the priests have their way they will reintroduce corrupt connections between themselves and governments, and that could happen in our lifetimes. There are some very overt attempts already, but most secular governments are resilient enough to resist this.

Ive always felt maybe some Theologins and Pastors who are rich and even not so rich aren't true believers but just those who feel putting the church in place will control people keep them from doing bad.

I wouldn't be surprise dif there are super rich controlling everything out there,its creepy but wouldn't surprise me.
There are some good things happening out there, not just bad ones.

Yea but he said its not the Masons the Shriners or any of those groups. There is an Illuminati that the super rich and powerful belong to. Supposedly some performers including Kesha belongs to
The first people (recently) to start warning of the Illuminati were writers selling books about the end of the world, and they spun many conspiracy theories about Satan controlling the world through the Illuminati. Without them the word would never have caught on and would have remained forgotten.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I'm not saying theyre out to kill us. We don't know anything about them, we know they exist but theres a bunch of stuff we don't know and probably never will.Knowing they exist doesn't do anything to hurt their secrecy.They don't care but what they do they do it in secret.

You may not have said that, but there are those who do. "Be careful what you say, the Illuminati will kill you!" Nor did I say knowing they exist damages their secrecy, but knowing what they're doing. Which many claim; every new fear is an Illuminati plot that they somehow uncovered.

Riders

well I may sound paranoid I really don't know anything about it. I just have a feeling we are being controlled by those who are in charge somewhere;the government, the illuminati, religious leaders,I don't know, but I do think there are those in control of a lot that we don't know about.

The entertainment and addiction is America is out of control it does seem like we are always too distracted to really see whats going on in our government.

Its crazy too. When I was a teenager in the 1980s my Mom was in Alcoholics Annonymous. I knew about drug and alcohol addiction nd over eating which is what I had and gambling addicts.

Now weve got Sex addicts which have been around for awhile, spend a holics, obsessive compulsive addicts,depression anonymous and people addicted to getting cosmetic surgery its crazy.

We must be bored out of our minds and too rich for our own good. SOmeone is watching us, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the illuminati.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Of course we're being controlled. "We" being our nation - and perhaps the world - as a whole. Sometimes the agenda is plain to see, such as this ridiculous insisted tension with Russia. Other times it's not so clear, and the only time we do see it is when it's too late to do anything about it. That doesn't make it Illuminati or shadow governments, though.

As an asides, I don't think "we" are too rich for our own good. The "top 1%," certainly, but not We The People. I'm eating a Hot Pocket, coming to you on free (and crappy) internet because I'm not well-off enough to afford even moderate comforts, and I know I'm not alone in this struggle across our nation.