• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity a Pagan religion

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Tony Bushbys The Bible Is a Fraud is new and has been proven to be true.
Proven true?
Source?

Edit:
Are you talking about this:
The Bible Fraud: An Untold Story of Jesus Christ: Tony Bushby: 9780957900714: Amazon.com: Books

""The Untold Story of Jesus and His Twin Brother, Judas Khrestus... Mystery and intrigue surround the church web of deceit, corruption, murder and debauchery. In THE BIBLE FRAUD, you will find the truth about Rabbi Jesus and his twin brother, their birth, marriages and deaths, as well as the bloodlines that have resulted from events of that time.""​

Sara Thinks

Watch this video on youtube its good. Skip through George Carlins comedic relief first.

I AGREE WITH YOU, IT IS INDEED PAGAN!
CHRISTIANS SHOULD CONTEMPLATE THE POINTS MADE IN THE VIDEO BELOW

IF JESUS IS GOD, WHO DID HE PRAY TO AND MAKE SACRIFICES TO?

I HAVE ALSO A VIDEO TO SHARE
How many Gods are there in Trinity???

Riders

Proven true?
Source?

Edit:
Are you talking about this:
The Bible Fraud: An Untold Story of Jesus Christ: Tony Bushby: 9780957900714: Amazon.com: Books

""The Untold Story of Jesus and His Twin Brother, Judas Khrestus... Mystery and intrigue surround the church web of deceit, corruption, murder and debauchery. In THE BIBLE FRAUD, you will find the truth about Rabbi Jesus and his twin brother, their birth, marriages and deaths, as well as the bloodlines that have resulted from events of that time.""​
I read a couple of pages on this book let me see what it says.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
For example?

The very fact that the bible is not jesus' own words screams there is a mix between what the apostles written ans their living and immediate environment as they spread the word to different areas of the land. The very example of jesus keep correcting his disciples leads to question whether a christians spiritual health rest in christ spirit (christ himself) or be dependant on his disciples who wrote it.

Then, on top of that, jesus already said "dont look to me, look to the father" and the apostles already said "dont look to us, look to christ"

And both confirmed their statements by whats written but neither of them place hebrew and NT scriptures as the way to christ....

Its unrealistic to say the bible, NT, has no paganism in it. The apostles didnt have "the word from god" like moses to write down scripture. Just by having four versions of the same stoey screams "the point is the meaning not literally what we are saying."

Most religions have initiation into the faith. Christianity by confirmation. Paganism, say, I dont know, Santeria wearing white a whole year before full initiation into the faith (among other things).

I mean, paganism is the original religions that were here looonnngg before christianity and islam took over. If anything, christianity is a new age compared.

Nothing wrong with that. Unless the christian is more concerned about the history of their religion rather than the spirit with whom that religion comes from.

Priorities.

omega2xx

The very fact that the bible is not jesus' own words screams there is a mix between what the apostles written ans their living and immediate environment as they spread the word to different areas of the land. The very example of jesus keep correcting his disciples leads to question whether a christians spiritual health rest in christ spirit (christ himself) or be dependant on his disciples who wrote it.

What the gospels says He said arf His own words. If you don't believe that, that is your problem.

Then, on top of that, jesus already said "dont look to me, look to the father" and the apostles already said "dont look to us, look to christ"

What is wrong with that?

And both confirmed their statements by whats written but neither of them place hebrew and NT scriptures as the way to christ....

They all point to Christ. Even Jesus Him self point to Himself---No one comes to the Father except through Me. One of many verses that point to Christ.

Its unrealistic to say the bible, NT, has no paganism in it. The apostles didnt have "the word from god" like moses to write down scripture. Just by having four versions of the same stoey screams "the point is the meaning not literally what we are saying."

If you don' believe the Bible, all of the Bible is inspired by God, you can find all kinds of fault with it. If you seriously study it with an open mind, asking God to show you the truth, all of the "contradiction" will continue to disappear. If you don't beleive God inspired itr all, don't waste your time reading it.

Most religions have initiation into the faith. Christianity by confirmation. Paganism, say, I dont know, Santeria wearing white a whole year before full initiation into the faith (among other things).

Christianity has no initiation. If you think it does, lpost the Bible reference for it.

I mean, paganism is the original religions that were here looonnngg before christianity and islam took over. If anything, christianity is a new age compared.

Christianity is a God, Chrisit based religion, with no paganism in it. If you want to get technical, Judaism preceded paganism and Islam.

Nothing wrong with that. Unless the christian is more concerned about the history of their religion rather than the spirit with whom that religion comes from.

Priorities.

The teaching of Christianity are far more important than it history.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe the Lotus Sutra is a summary of The Buddha's teachings. I give a lot of respect to Thr Buddhas suttras and suttas

And

I would not be surprised if they contained errors. That is Not the point of any religious text. You are worshiping words and using them as idols to god. That is totally against "scriptuee" and any abrahamic religion. Mainstream christianity is he Only religion that puts a man equal to god. It is wrong.

On that note,

What the gospels says He said arf His own words. If you don't believe that, that is your problem.

This is an insult. I dont have to like math, for example, to tell you two and two is not five. My beliefs are totally irrelevant to the fact that no sacred text is written for literal acuracy. If you can only have a relationship with christ through scripture, thats your path. A lot of christians dont place scripture at such a high regard.

Paganisn is any religion/culture that is not muslim, christian, and jewish. Period.

Maybe you can overlook how culture and tradition has a LOT to do with shaping scripture, but many theologist and archeologist etc will roll their eyes.

It does NOT take away the validity of scripture. You believen whatever guides you. But be mindful scripture is not jesus christ.

The history says that scriptire has pagan elements in it. Nothing wrong with that.

Plus, what type of paganism do you think Im talking about?

How do you define paganism?

The teaching of Christianity are far more important than it history.

So paganism with scripture should not bother you since the message is more important than history.

Last edited:

Riders

The Bible Fraud says that the oldest bible living to date is in Brittain and theres 14,800 differences between it and our bible. There is no letter J. Its fascinating. Ill get more videos up.

GoodbyeDave

FYI most Americans celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Jesus.If your going to say Christians don't believe the 25th of Decemeber is his birthday bring proof...
There's nothing in the Bible about the birthday of Jesus and the early Christians didn't celebrate it. Even when they did, not all chose December. An old but not unreasonable summary is
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Christmas
The fact that most USians take the 25.xii as the actual date is nothing, when you consider half of them disbelieve in evolution...

The letter J isn't in the bible, there is no J in that alphabet, the name Jesus isn't real. The real name was Iesus, pronounced like Yezoos.
Even Wikipedia could have put you right on that!
The name Jesus is derived from the Latin Iesus, a transliteration of the Greek Iesous. The Greek form is a rendering of the Hebrew Yeshua, a variant of the earlier name Yehoshua, in English "Joshua". The name Yeshua appears to have been in use in Judea at the time of the birth of Jesus.

omega2xx

I believe the Lotus Sutra is a summary of The Buddha's teachings. I give a lot of respect to Thr Buddhas suttras and suttas

And

I would not be surprised if they contained errors. That is Not the point of any religious text. You are worshiping words and using them as idols to god. That is totally against "scriptuee" and any abrahamic religion. Mainstream christianity is he Only religion that puts a man equal to god. It is wrong.

On that note,

This is an insult. I dont have to like math, for example, to tell you two and two is not five. My beliefs are totally irrelevant to the fact that no sacred text is written for literal acuracy. If you can only have a relationship with christ through scripture, thats your path. A lot of christians dont place scripture at such a high regard.

Paganisn is any religion/culture that is not muslim, christian, and jewish. Period.

Maybe you can overlook how culture and tradition has a LOT to do with shaping scripture, but many theologist and archeologist etc will roll their eyes.

It does NOT take away the validity of scripture. You believen whatever guides you. But be mindful scripture is not jesus christ.

The history says that scriptire has pagan elements in it. Nothing wrong with that.

Plus, what type of paganism do you think Im talking about?

How do you define paganism?

So paganism with scripture should not bother you since the message is more important than history.

If a religion includes paganism, it is man-made and not from God, and you have no way of telling which scriptures are truthful and which ones are false. If you want to follow a religion where you have no confidiene in its writing, be my guest.

I have no idea what paganism you are referring to and you can defin paganism any way you want to.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I no longer check links. Especially those made up by non- believers. They wouldn't know a contradiction if it bit them on the butt.

If you want to cut and paste what they say, I will respond. If not, have a nice day.
Well you can't be that interested, so I wouldn't bother.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have no idea what paganism you are referring to and you can defin paganism any way you want to.

Paganism is just any religion that is not Muslim, Christian, or Jewish.

The history of Christianity has paganism in it.

You said you see the message before the history. So what is wrong with paganism in Christianity (the religion)?

omega2xx

Paganism is just any religion that is not Muslim, Christian, or Jewish.

The history of Christianity has paganism in it.

You said you see the message before the history. So what is wrong with paganism in Christianity (the religion)?

Paganism has false gods and may have many gods. That is anti-Christian doctrine. If you think Christianity has paganism in it, you don't understand Christianity.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Paganism has false gods and may have many gods. That is anti-Christian doctrine. If you think Christianity has paganism in it, you don't understand Christianity.

How do you know our gods are false? Have you ever looked for yourself to see if they're real? Further, it's not anti-Christian to point out facts.

The concept of a saviour deity can be traced back to Pagan cults like Mithraism & Orphic worship of Dionysus, the Pope holds an originally Pagan title: Pontifex Maximus, the concept of a triple deity is one that could possibly have been taken from Romano-Celtic culture; Christian festivals like Easter, Christmas & Halloween have Pagan roots, plenty of Pagan gods were turned into Christian saints & Christian churches were built on Pagan sacred sites to help convert the masses, Christianity started out in Jewish society but quickly spread to other parts of the world that were decidedly Pagan; are you honestly trying to say that the Pagan traditions encountered had no effect on Christianity at any point?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Not all religions that are not christian, jew, and muslim have false gods in it.

The nature of communion is Shared among most cultures christian And non christian

The concept of baptism is Shared among most religion. It makes the initiation into the faith whether one goes through a year proces to declare oneself a believer, saying the sinners prayer, or baptism.

The concept of worship, hoeever defined, is Shared among most religions regardless if they have a god They Worship (like bahai) or gods they Do Not worship (buddhism).

Repentence is Shared among other faiths. Some do so by recieving a readings, some confession, others pray spontenously.

Having a sacred scripture is Shared among other faiths.

Big one: Sacrifice. Most pagan religions I know of (ones older than christianity) like Lukumi have sacrifice in it. Lukumi has blood sacrifice from animals. Christians do so by a human. Thats pagan in and of itself.

These pagan (not chistian, muslim, jew) overlap and in some ways borrow concepts and practices from each other christianity) have sacrifice in it whether it be human (symbolism), literal as in christian faith, or symbolic gnostic sacrifice. This is a pagan practices and is no different than christianity which shares this view of sacrifice.

A person being god is not new. Its not jewish so its not suppozed to be part of christianity. Jesus did not teach it. But the Church and protestants who broke off from the Church believe this. This is a pagan belief. Many pagan religion have the same view. Lukumi has blood sacrifices as does christianity.

However, again, like you said the History of christianity is Not important as the message.

Each religion whether they have god(s) Or Not have their unique message. But the Point is these pagan religions share from others -just as christianity-

Christianity is Not a new religion. Before the Church, there were no christians. There were Jews. The apostles did not make jesus a god. That is all the Church.

That is also a pagan concept. God cannot be a human being. Many Roman religions that were mixed into the History of christianity believed people to have the divine in them. Santeras today sometimes during ritual become possessed by the divine.

Christians are "filled with the holy spirit." Some go as far as talking in tongues (believers in the pentacoast in Acts). Others in baptism symbol or not does Not matter; the action and result are the same whether one is JW, Catholic, or Baptist for example.

Christianity is Not a new religion. It has paganism in it. It does not have multiple gods. (Read that again) Not all religions that arent jew, christian, muslim have gods.

Buddhism is an eastern faith. It was around way before christianity. It has influenced christianity just as romanism.

The message of christianity has different meanings depending on the christian. No christian believes the same thing, unfortunatelt. Yourself included.

The only Difference mainstream christianity has with other religions is that most other religions work as a Unit. Many religions you cant be go into the faith without the help of the full community. It is not "non denominational" or "go solo."

Other than that, a lot of pagan history is part of christianity.

God(s) has NOTHING to do with it.

Please read this in full first before replying.

Last edited:

omega2xx

How do you know our gods are false? Have you ever looked for yourself to see if they're real? Further, it's not anti-Christian to point out facts.

I accept wha tthe one tgrfue God says---I AM God and ther is no others.

How doo you know the gods of other religions are real?

The concept of a saviour deity can be traced back to Pagan cults like Mithraism & Orphic worship of Dionysus, the Pope holds an originally Pagan title: Pontifex Maximus,

That may be but it does not mean Christianity accepts what they believe. All religions have the idea of a savior somewhere in them. I am not Catholic and do not accept the idea of a pope. If there is paganism in Catholicism, that is not my problem.

the concept of a triple deity is one that could possibly have been taken from Romano-Celtic culture;

The doctrine of the Trinity starts in theh first verse in the Bible. That precedes any other cultural beliefs.

Christian festivals like Easter, Christmas & Halloween have Pagan roots, plenty of Pagan gods were turned into Christian saints & Christian churches were built on Pagan sacred sites to help convert the masses, Christianity started out in Jewish society but quickly spread to other parts of the world that were decidedly Pagan; are you honestly trying to say that the Pagan traditions encountered had no effect on Christianity at any point?

The Christian celebration of Easter and Christmas have nothing to do with pagan celebration of those events, I have never been to a church service celebrating halloween.

omega2xx

Not all religions that are not christian, jew, and muslim have false gods in it.

The nature of communion is Shared among most cultures christian And non christian

The concept of baptism is Shared among most religion. It makes the initiation into the faith whether one goes through a year proces to declare oneself a believer, saying the sinners prayer, or baptism.

The concept of worship, hoeever defined, is Shared among most religions regardless if they have a god They Worship (like bahai) or gods they Do Not worship (buddhism).

Repentence is Shared among other faiths. Some do so by recieving a readings, some confession, others pray spontenously.

Having a sacred scripture is Shared among other faiths.

Big one: Sacrifice. Most pagan religions I know of (ones older than christianity) like Lukumi have sacrifice in it. Lukumi has blood sacrifice from animals. Christians do so by a human. Thats pagan in and of itself.

These pagan (not chistian, muslim, jew) overlap and in some ways borrow concepts and practices from each other christianity) have sacrifice in it whether it be human (symbolism), literal as in christian faith, or symbolic gnostic sacrifice. This is a pagan practices and is no different than christianity which shares this view of sacrifice.

A person being god is not new. Its not jewish so its not suppozed to be part of christianity. Jesus did not teach it. But the Church and protestants who broke off from the Church believe this. This is a pagan belief. Many pagan religion have the same view. Lukumi has blood sacrifices as does christianity.

However, again, like you said the History of christianity is Not important as the message.

Each religion whether they have god(s) Or Not have their unique message. But the Point is these pagan religions share from others -just as christianity-

Christianity is Not a new religion. Before the Church, there were no christians. There were Jews. The apostles did not make jesus a god. That is all the Church.

That is also a pagan concept. God cannot be a human being. Many Roman religions that were mixed into the History of christianity believed people to have the divine in them. Santeras today sometimes during ritual become possessed by the divine.

Christians are "filled with the holy spirit." Some go as far as talking in tongues (believers in the pentacoast in Acts). Others in baptism symbol or not does Not matter; the action and result are the same whether one is JW, Catholic, or Baptist for example.

Christianity is Not a new religion. It has paganism in it. It does not have multiple gods. (Read that again) Not all religions that arent jew, christian, muslim have gods.

Buddhism is an eastern faith. It was around way before christianity. It has influenced christianity just as romanism.

The message of christianity has different meanings depending on the christian. No christian believes the same thing, unfortunatelt. Yourself included.

The only Difference mainstream christianity has with other religions is that most other religions work as a Unit. Many religions you cant be go into the faith without the help of the full community. It is not "non denominational" or "go solo."

Other than that, a lot of pagan history is part of christianity.

God(s) has NOTHING to do with it.

Please read this in full first before replying.

Sorry but I am tired of discussing this subject. If you believe Christianity has some pagan concepts, that is fine with me. I will never be able to convince you otherwise. Only God can do that.

Have a very nice day.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sorry but I am tired of discussing this subject. If you believe Christianity has some pagan concepts, that is fine with me. I will never be able to convince you otherwise. Only God can do that.

Have a very nice day.

The history does.

The message does not.

You said history is less important than message.

I dont understand why you dont see religions are not unique onto themselves. Religion is a mix just as humans are. Its in the history books, and everywhere else.

I am honest to god do not see how you can overlook christian history.

Not message: history.

Am I missing something?