• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity a Pagan religion

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
If all you got was the English pun you didn't even read or watch any of it. So without knowledge of what were talking about your opinion is worthless to me.
I point out the the whole "sun" thing as an example of how fanciful it all is. Even you must realise that such an argument only works in modern English.

Nevertheless, there's no need to watch it because I already have, years ago. From the few seconds I've seen it's a near verbatim repeat of the first Zeitgeist movie. Heck, even some of the footage looks like it has been directly ripped from it. It will prattle on about the zodiac and other deities and claim parallels that are either contrived or utterly made up. (In other words, lies).

It's new-age nonsense derived entirely from long dismissed nineteenth century quackery. But you'll believe it in all credulity anyway because it tells you what you want to hear.

Last edited:

Naganami

Do you think the bible is simply stolen material from Pagan Literature and that Christianity literally has nothing of its own?

Riders

Not completely, I think a lot of it is Pagan but not all of it. I also think there is some Jewish in there too,.

However there are good thoughts in the new testament even though I think its a fraud it still has good stuff in it some of it.So don't get me wrong, I don't believe its wrong or stupid to be a Christian.

But I don't believe Faith or religious belief depends on scientific proof so, even if the history is messed up and even if theres no proof Jesus is real, whatever works works,

I believe I communicate with my dead parents but I have no historical proof that works for anyone . But it works for me. So don't get the wrong idea, its not bad to be a Christian, but historically it doesn't come from, its originations are rooted a lot in Paganism but not all of it is.

ajay0

I would say that there has been pagan additions in Christianity.

For example, Christmas Day was earlier a Roman pagan fertility festival. When Christianity was adopted as the state religion, the Romans transplanted its earlier pagan festivals with Christian ones.

There is no proof whatsoever that Jesus was born on 25 December. But many celebrate it thinking he was born that day.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not completely, I think a lot of it is Pagan but not all of it. I also think there is some Jewish in there too,.

However there are good thoughts in the new testament even though I think its a fraud it still has good stuff in it some of it.So don't get me wrong, I don't believe its wrong or stupid to be a Christian.

But I don't believe Faith or religious belief depends on scientific proof so, even if the history is messed up and even if theres no proof Jesus is real, whatever works works,

I believe I communicate with my dead parents but I have no historical proof that works for anyone . But it works for me. So don't get the wrong idea, its not bad to be a Christian, but historically it doesn't come from, its originations are rooted a lot in Paganism but not all of it is.

I believe I don't see any basis for thinking that way so it would help if you shared your thought processes.

I believe I wouldn't say this is impossible, just improbable. Most likely your parents have moved on to a new life.

I believe you have to indicate what you mean by Christianity. Christianity in its essence is not Pagan and has no origin in Pagan beliefs. A Christmas tree has Pagan origins but then a Christmas tree isn't part of Christianity but part of a Christian celebration. That would be like saying if one drank champagne to celebrate Christmas then Christianity must have come from Dionysus the god of wine.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I would say that there has been pagan additions in Christianity.

For example, Christmas Day was earlier a Roman pagan fertility festival. When Christianity was adopted as the state religion, the Romans transplanted its earlier pagan festivals with Christian ones.

There is no proof whatsoever that Jesus was born on 25 December. But many celebrate it thinking he was born that day.

I know of no evidence to support that notion.

I believe there is enough evidence to support the concept that Jesus was born in December. Where the day came from I don't know but it fits astrologically.

I believe any day would do but it is nice to have an appropriate day. There are a lot of traditions that are extra-biblical with questions as to their origin but in reality those traditions are not the Christian Religion but auxiliary to it.