• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Poll (Armageddon)

Would You Defend Your Country Against God?

• Yes I Would

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How Would I Know?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Anointed

Continued from previous post by The Anointed.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors." Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc."

To see the man Jesus, who they pierced, is to see the Lord of whom Enoch was the cornerstone.

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move northward, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move southward.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

It is in that thousand years of peace that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet. Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerate the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

To be continued.

The Anointed

Continued from previous post.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors." Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc."

To see the man Jesus, who they pierced, is to see the Lord of whom Enoch was the cornerstone.

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move northward, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move southward.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

It is in that thousand years of peace that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet. Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerate the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

To be continued.

The Anointed

This is from a documentary on Yellowstone where scientists in the field of volcanic activity speak of that particular hot spot.

The volume of Yellowstone"s magmatic system is about twenty to twenty thousand cubic kilometres. It is about eighty kilometres long, forty kilometres wide, and eight kilometres deep. In other words, the magma chamber is over three times the size of New York City. Steve Parks believes that if a Super eruption occurred tomorrow, the consequences would be catastrophic. An area the size of a continent would be utterly devastated and the planet would suffer server effects for years after.

Looking at the recent eruptive history of Yellowstone said Bill Mcguire, there’s been minor eruptions every twenty to thirty thousand years, but nothing’s been seen for some seventy thousand years, which suggests that something might be overdue. He reckons that another Super eruption somewhere on the earth is an absolute certainty, whether it will be at Yellowstone is still questionable, but there is a reasonable chance there will be. Super eruptions have occurred throughout earth’s history and they aint going to stop now.

A new cycle of Super eruptions began over two million years ago when the hot spot arrived under Yellowstone. Since then there have been two more Super eruptions at Yellowstone. One point 3 million years ago and the other six hundred and forty thousand years ago. Disturbingly, these eruptions appear to be in a cycle of between six to seven hundred thousand years and the last one was six hundred and forty thousand years ago.

[Quote Bill Mcguire]: We could have an eruption next year, or we may have to wait many thousands of years to come. Now I would not be surprised if there were another eruption in my life time, but I would also not be surprised if there were not.

Professor Bill Mcguire was born in 1954 and is Professor of Geohazards at University College London and is Britain’s leading volcanologists. He has a PhD in Geology from Liton College of Higher Education, now the University of Bedfordshire in the 1980s, former home of well known TV geologist Iain Stewart. He was then appointed Reader at Cheltham & Gloucester College of Higher Education, which is now the University of Gloucester, and made it into the university sector in the 1990s when he was appointed Professor of Geohazards and Director of the Aon Benfield UCL Hazard Research Centre at University College London.

The two-episode documentary that I referred to, reveals the cutting-edge research that informed the drama. Where the experts who monitor the behaviour of the Yellowstone supervolcano, and who face the awesome responsibility of predicting when the next super-eruption might next take place - and advising on what will happen when it does. The programme goes behind the scenes to reveal the work being done to try to understand the sequence of events that could one day culminate in this apocalypse, and to calculate the global fallout that would follow it.

The commentators and those who worked behind the scenes of this documentary, were Allisdair, the voice of the narrator, Bill Mcguire whose qualification have been given, Jake Lowenstern from the Yellowstone Observatory, Steve Sparks of the university of Bristol, Hank Heasler who was/is the Co-ordinator scientist, Yellowstone National Park, Bob Smith a professor from the University of Utah, plus others

A Vestigial Mote

Some Jehovah's Witnesses were once having a good conversation with a Christian who was a decorated army person. A general I think, but I'm not sure. The discussion turned sour when the Witnesses mentioned Armageddon and Jehovah of Armies fighting against all of the nations in order to establish his own kingdom. The man said that he would definitely fight God and his angels if it came to it, to defend his country.

This just blows my mind.
I would defend what I loved against any encroachment by God. Why wouldn't I? Because He offers "something better?" From what I have heard and, read and have been told, this simply isn't true. It seems to me He offers eternal stewardship over what He believes is His property. That's all. I'd definitely fight not to end up part of that terrifying fate.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It's all just silly nonsense added to the Christian mythology/bible to fool the primitive minds of a time long ago. I find it sad to see how little intelligence some people have gained over these last 2,000 years.
God is God, he doesn't need any such armies.

Does it have to be a matter of need, but I find what is recorded in Scripture is God's will, His purpose.
Mankind's history has proven that man can Not successfully govern himself to establish peace on earth.
So, that is why God will have Jesus step in to establish Peace on Earth for righteous mankind.
Those angelic armies are given to Jesus for mankind's benefit. That is God's purpose for our immediate future.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And the end of the game can't happen fast enough for me. Those who believe in a punishing, vengeful God shall die in their fear. Those who have tried to honor a loving and kind God shall bask in his glory.
In Jesus' illustration about the figurative humble sheep and haughty goats, I find the ' sheep ' shall bask in His glory.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Some Jehovah's Witnesses were once having a good conversation with a Christian who was a decorated army person. A general I think, but I'm not sure. The discussion turned sour when the Witnesses mentioned Armageddon and Jehovah of Armies fighting against all of the nations in order to establish his own kingdom. The man said that he would definitely fight God and his angels if it came to it, to defend his country.

This just blows my mind.

Which blows your mind, that the Bible foretells the nations ALL arising against Israel and God fighting to intercede for Israel, or a General so foolish they would turn weapons against God and His power?

Earthling

David Henson
Which blows your mind, that the Bible foretells the nations ALL arising against Israel and God fighting to intercede for Israel, or a General so foolish they would turn weapons against God and His power?

The latter since the former isn't accurate.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Right . . . radical Islamic fundamentalists who have never attacked Israel. Hmmmm. Sometimes the bad guys are the good guys pretending to be bad guys to make it look like they are the good guys. You should take an objective look at history. Nero started the fire. The Nazis started the fire. Israel, the U.K. and the U.S.A. are ALWAYS starting fires. And blaming them on the "bad guys."

Why does anyone still fall for this? Al qaeda was the C.I.A. ISIS is Israeli Secret Intelligence Service. The next bogey man you see the mainstream media warning you against will likewise be you.

Yes, and the armies of the Amargeddon will be in fact unleashed by the Mossad, too.

Ciao

- viole

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's alright, some will.

Yes it does happen that way with light, there is also darkness. One has to decide if they are offering light or darkness;

Baha'u'llah has offered of this day;

".....What “oppression” is greater than that which hath been recounted? What “oppression” is more grievous than that a soul seeking the truth, and wishing to attain unto the knowledge of God, should know not where to go for it and from whom to seek it? For opinions have sorely differed, and the ways unto the attainment of God have multiplied. This “oppression” is the essential feature of every Revelation. Unless it cometh to pass, the Sun of Truth will not be made manifest. For the break of the morn of divine guidance must needs follow the darkness of the night of error....."

Peace be with you, regards Tony

Cooky

Veteran Member
The latter since the former isn't accurate.

You will never see armageddon occur, because it has already happened my friend. The "witnesses" are wrong. Rome destroyed the Temple and crucified millions of Jews, and that was completed in AD70.

And Christianity lives on... Christ is reigning now.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You will never see armageddon occur, because it has already happened my friend. The "witnesses" are wrong. Rome destroyed the Temple and crucified millions of Jews, and that was completed in AD70.

I think it would be accurate to say Christ is reigning now, but reigning in the heavens.
Christ's 1,000 year reign over earth is still ahead of us.
The ' time of separation ' between the figurative haughty 'goats ' and humble ' sheep ' is ahead of us.- Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Revelation was written 'after' the year 70. The 'minor' fulfillment of Matthew 24 and Luke 21 was in 70.
We are all still invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come!
Come and bring those benefits of Revelation 22:2 to earth when mankind will once again see the Genesis "Tree of Life" on Earth for the healing of earth's nations. That has Not yet happened.
If Armageddon has already happened, then we would start to see No more enemy death on Earth because Jesus will bring an end to enemy death on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I would defend what I loved against any encroachment by God. Why wouldn't I? Because He offers "something better?" From what I have heard and, read and have been told, this simply isn't true. It seems to me He offers eternal stewardship over what He believes is His property. That's all. I'd definitely fight not to end up part of that terrifying fate.

I find that Earth is our property because God gifted Earth to us according to Psalms 115:16.
So, eternal stewardship is over our own property but according to God's Golden Rule for mankind.
In other words, mankind is Not to abuse God's gifting of Earth to mankind.
God will only 'bring to ruin those ruining Earth' as mentioned at Revelation 11:18 B.
If someone you loved gave you a very precious gift would you ruin it or take of it__________
Thus, mankind does Not have the right to bring ruin to his Earth.
The offer of "something better" is found at Revelation 22:2 when mankind on Earth will once again have access to the Genesis "Tree of Life" and that will be for the ' healing' of earth's nations.
This will be in fulfillment of God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed as per Genesis 12:3; Genesis 18:18; 22:18.
Blessed with the benefit of 'healing ' under Christ when No one will say, "I am sick..." -Isaiah 33:24
No one will be sick because 'enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Earthling

David Henson

That's an interesting interpretation, Landon, but I don't see it quite fitting.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it would be accurate to say Christ is reigning now, but reigning in the heavens.
Christ's 1,000 year reign over earth is still ahead of us.

This I see is a good observation.

From a Baha'i perspective, Christ came and warned us, as the Father Baha'u'llah, prior to the material unfoldment of some scriptures. I see the redemption of all Humanity is immersion in the Message given by Baha'u'llah, which includes the laws for this age. Baha'u'llah has said it will be a full 1000 years before the next Manifestation of God.

Either way we choose to see it, the fact is Christ is reigning.

Regards Tony

gnostic

The Lost One
What shows is your misunderstanding of the OP. Please read it, again.

(I guess all those who ‘liked’ your comment, misunderstood it, too. Grief)
No one is going to fight God, since there are no evidences that he would exist in the first place.

But even if he did exist, I am just perplexed as to the reasons why some religious believers think that god require any army at all, whether it be in heaven or on earth.

And even worse that there is a concept that JW would go to war in the end time. What are they going to do, knock on doors and hands out pamphlets, and murder them and burn down their homes if they don’t accept the pamphlets or the Watchtower dogma?