• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Poll (Armageddon)

Would You Defend Your Country Against God?

• Yes I Would

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How Would I Know?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JJ50

Are you really that thick? This is what you posted: "He doesn't need any convoluted "son died for anyone's sins" plot." My post revealed, that the SON of the Most High [IN THE CREATION] 'The Son of Man,' who develops within the body of mankind, just as mankind had developed within the bodies of his animal ancestors, chose to die for the sins of the body in which he developed, in order that the body of mankind in which he developed would continue to live.

If the Son of Man does not die for the sins of mankind, 'the body in which he developed,' then the race of man itself would be held accountable for its sins and all mankind have sinned.

My post had everything to do with what you said in your post.

If god created humans then it is responsible for human nature and human wrongdoing.

The Anointed

If god created humans then it is responsible for human nature and human wrongdoing.

God created humans with a free will, not robots that were programed to do only that which was commanded of them.

The choice of life or death has been placed before you, it is your choice.

JJ50

God created humans with a free will, not robots that were programed to do only that which was commanded of them.

The choice of life or death has been placed before you, it is your choice.

A pathetic excuse for the machinations of the evil Biblical god. If it exists, and created humans it would have known exactly how much suffering would be caused by human nature. Maybe it gets off on watching humans suffer.

gnostic

The Lost One
What? Where did you get this idea? No one said this...at least no JW.

Regarding Jehovah fighting nations: in order to establish His sovereignty (rulership) over the entire Earth, human rulers will have to relinquish theirs. That's unlikely, as Psalms 2 and Daniel 2:44 indicate. This is why Armageddon occurs. Revelation 16:14-16
But Jehovah's Witnesses take no active part in this war.
I didn’t say Jehovah’s Witnesses would become an army for God and go to war; what I am saying that anyone who would think so, that where the absurdity comes in.

The Anointed

A pathetic excuse for the machinations of the evil Biblical god. If it exists, and created humans it would have known exactly how much suffering would be caused by human nature. Maybe it gets off on watching humans suffer.

You poor sick child. You really have absolutely no understanding of the scriptures, do you?

A Vestigial Mote

I find that Earth is our property because God gifted Earth to us according to Psalms 115:16.
So, eternal stewardship is over our own property but according to God's Golden Rule for mankind.
In other words, mankind is Not to abuse God's gifting of Earth to mankind.
God will only 'bring to ruin those ruining Earth' as mentioned at Revelation 11:18 B.
If someone you loved gave you a very precious gift would you ruin it or take of it__________
Thus, mankind does Not have the right to bring ruin to his Earth.
The offer of "something better" is found at Revelation 22:2 when mankind on Earth will once again have access to the Genesis "Tree of Life" and that will be for the ' healing' of earth's nations.
This will be in fulfillment of God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed as per Genesis 12:3; Genesis 18:18; 22:18.
Blessed with the benefit of 'healing ' under Christ when No one will say, "I am sick..." -Isaiah 33:24
No one will be sick because 'enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
You lost me at "Earth is our property." This is so very, cosmically untrue. We literally are the Earth - we are built of the material that comprised the Earth. In no way do we own it. We own it as much as the insects own it. We own it as much as the fish own it. We own it as much as the other mammals own it. To believe otherwise is arrogance, hubris, foolishness.

A Vestigial Mote

You poor sick child. You really have absolutely no understanding of the scriptures, do you?
As if the scriptures contain some grand wisdom we should all familiarize ourselves with. No one needs the scriptures, or understanding of them. This has been evidenced throughout millennia by billions upon billions of people living their lives, surviving perfectly well without a single drop of knowledge of "The Scriptures" having been impressed upon them. It's not as if we're talking about oxygen, or water here. We're talking about ink pressed on processed wood fibers. Completely unnecessary in the most basic sense.

Also, don't say or write things as pretentious and condescending as "you poor sick child" unless you don't mind projecting yourself as pretentious and arrogant. It is, after all, completely up to you.

Faithofchristian

Some Jehovah's Witnesses were once having a good conversation with a Christian who was a decorated army person. A general I think, but I'm not sure. The discussion turned sour when the Witnesses mentioned Armageddon and Jehovah of Armies fighting against all of the nations in order to establish his own kingdom. The man said that he would definitely fight God and his angels if it came to it, to defend his country.

This just blows my mind.

My question would be to Jehovah's Witnesses where exactly is it written that Jehovah of Armies fighting against all of the nations in order to establish his own kingdom ?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Humanity and divinity. Never the twain shall meet in the proverbial mountain of Megiddo?
Satan doesn't rule the world? God isn't going to get rid of all the nations in order to establish his own?

I prefer to take my own responsibility. If I do evil, I just say "I did an evil act"
I do not blame something outside myself (Satan) for something I did
As long as people blame Satan, they don't do introspection and they don't change

The Anointed

My question would be to Jehovah's Witnesses where exactly is it written that Jehovah of Armies fighting against all of the nations in order to establish his own kingdom ?

Try reading Zechariah chapter 14. Which is only one of the prophets, who all point to that day of tribulation.

Better still read the following.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, [Who would attack Israel] as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors." Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc."

To see the man Jesus, who they pierced, is to see the Lord of whom Enoch was the cornerstone.

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move northward, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move southward.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations [Not all nations, but those who make war on Israel] that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We are all free to act responsibly toward God.
Since God gifted us with free-will choices, then that puts the responsibility on us.
Adam was Not forced to break God's law. Adam chose to rebel of his own free-will choice.
Part of that rebelling brought upon Adam human imperfection, thus sinner Adam past down to us his acquired imperfection leaning toward wrongdoing.
Since we can't stop sinning is why God provided Jesus as a ransom for us to undo what Satan and Adam did.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Humanity and divinity. Never the twain shall meet in the proverbial mountain of Megiddo?
Satan doesn't rule the world? God isn't going to get rid of all the nations in order to establish his own?
I find Scripture does Not teach God will get rid of all the nations, but rather there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
God promised father Abraham that ALL nations of Earth will be blessed -> Genesis 18:18; 22:18; 12:3; Rev. 22:2.
In order for ALL earth's nations to be blessed with healthful healing they would have to be here.
What will Not be here are any corrupted rulerships over earth's nations.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come Lord Jesus, and as Prince of Peace, Jesus is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Since mankind has proven he can't direct his own step to establish Peace on Earth is why Jehovah God will have Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to step in to establish Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
This is described for us at Revelation 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You lost me at "Earth is our property." This is so very, cosmically untrue. We literally are the Earth - we are built of the material that comprised the Earth. In no way do we own it. We own it as much as the insects own it. We own it as much as the fish own it. We own it as much as the other mammals own it. To believe otherwise is arrogance, hubris, foolishness.

I find Psalms 115:16 is letting us know that this planet (who God named at Genesis 1:10) gives us Earth as our home.
Everything that has always been here is here (except of course for some of those rockets,etc. left on Mars, etc.
Adam, like us are literally Earth, and at death Adam returned back to earth's dust as per Genesis 3:19.

The other forms of life ( as mentioned above ) are also gifted Earth, as we are gifted to be alive on Earth.
What is to believe otherwise, is to believe we humans are Not to treat animal life as being precious.
We humans are held responsible to be stewards, care givers, to all life forms on Earth.

The Anointed

Since mankind has proven he can't direct his own step to establish Peace on Earth is why Jehovah God will have Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to step in to establish Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
This is described for us at Revelation 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4.

But only after he has defeated those nations that surround Israel in their attempts to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

To believe that the Lord will not go out to fight those nations, before establishing his earthly throne in Jerusalem, is to deny the word of God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Yipes, I find in Scripture God gave Adam and Eve everything they needed to enjoy life, everlasting life on Earth.
God gave mankind the choice to eat from the forbidden tree or not.
Adam knew before stealing and eating from God's tree it would mean death.
Before breaking God's law, Adam's nature was upright. Upright leaning toward righteousness.
That was God's purpose. There was No suffering involved. They had plenty to eat, drink and enjoy.
The gift of free-will choice then would show everyone they appreciated or not what God gave them.
We don't suffer because of God, but because of God's enemies Satan and then Adam.
No one forced Satan or Adam to rebel. They chose that course of their own free-will choices.
The passing of time allowed for all of us to be born and think who we would like as sovereign over us.
Without allowing that passing of time we simply would never have been born and see life.