• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Poll (Armageddon)

Would You Defend Your Country Against God?

• Yes I Would

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How Would I Know?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No one is going to fight God, since there are no evidences that he would exist in the first place.
But even if he did exist, I am just perplexed as to the reasons why some religious believers think that god require any army at all, whether it be in heaven or on earth.
And even worse that there is a concept that JW would go to war in the end time. What are they going to do, knock on doors and hands out pamphlets, and murder them and burn down their homes if they don’t accept the pamphlets or the Watchtower dogma?

I met a person who was actually so angry with God because he felt God's Word (Bible) was interfering with what he wanted to do.
( unscriptural lifestyle ).
So, yes a person can have a fight with God. Not literal of course.

I find nothing perplexing about Revelation 19:14-16 about Jesus having angelic armies.
They will do the fighting, so to speak, for the humble meek of Earth.
If you had storm troopers coming to attack you, but God did Not want that to happen, then angels will be involved to protect you. This is Armageddon. This is when Jesus and his angelic armies will step in and save his people.

Wrong, there is NO concept that Jehovah's Witnesses would go to war at any time. (period)- Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10
That can be verified at their official web site found at www.jw.org.

Ellen Brown

Who thinks that they would need to defend against God?

Some view God as a spiteful punisher. From reading the OT and the Quran, I think that God is amazingly patient and merciful. Yes, I've had some very harsh experiences in life but I never thought that God did it. Evil forces get some measure of freedom and I do not know why, but I don't blame God for that. Many think that our religious documents explain it all but it is explained in the NT

1 Corinthians 13:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

King James Version (KJV)

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Geez...

It's all just silly nonsense added to the Christian mythology/bible to fool the primitive minds of a time long ago. I find it sad to see how little intelligence some people have gained over these last 2,000 years.

God is God, he doesn't need any such armies.

Perhaps you have read of the unbelievers in that so called mythology/bible? What have their modern contemporaries learned?

Typical Christian tactic of avoidance, the straw man reply that really has nothing to do with what I posted.

The Anointed

Which blows your mind, that the Bible foretells the nations ALL arising against Israel and God fighting to intercede for Israel, or a General so foolish they would turn weapons against God and His power?

You prove yourself to be biblically ignorant, if you believe that those nations which will surround Jerusalem, in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea, will turn their weapons against God. Nope! It is written that they will become so confused they will turn their weapons against their own Allies.

Cooky

Veteran Member
You prove yourself to be biblical ignorant, if you believe that those nations which will surround Jerusalem, in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea, will turn their weapons against God. Nope! It is written that they will become so confused they will turn their weapons against their own Allies.

HOGWASH! That's already happened! When the Jewish Zealots (Sicarii) began stabbing their own Jewish brethren in the Temple during the "Last Passover".

The Destruction of the Second Holy Temple - A Historical Overview

"The moderate Zealots generously opened the gates of the Temple so the Jews could come in and offer their Paschal sacrifices. But the extremists, pretending to be Jews coming to offer sacrifices, also entered. Once inside, they took out their swords and began to kill moderates as well as visiting Jews."

The Anointed

HOGWASH! That's already happened! When the Jewish Zealots (Sicarii) began stabbing their own Jewish brethren in the Temple during the "Last Passover".

The Destruction of the Second Holy Temple - A Historical Overview

"The moderate Zealots generously opened the gates of the Temple so the Jews could come in and offer their Paschal sacrifices. But the extremists, pretending to be Jews coming to offer sacrifices, also entered. Once inside, they took out their swords and began to kill moderates as well as visiting Jews."

Concerning the battle of Armageddon let me here repeat what I have posted in a previous thread.

It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. . . . . . . . . "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

According to the scriptures, this occurs just after the thousand year rule of Christ, when heavenly fire incinerates all physical life forms on this planet.

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

According to Jewish time, the first destruction of the Temple of Solomon, was 3338 AM, which is 3338 years from Adam. Our time for that destruction of the temple is 587 BC. So adding 587 to 3338, we see that from the birth of Adam to 1 BC=1AD there is 3925 years, add to that the current date, 2019, (3,925+2019=5,944) and we are now living in the 5,944 th year from the birth of Adam (These dates are very ambiguous) which, if one can accept these dates, leaves us another 56 years before the close of the 6th day and the beginning of the 7th, which is the great Sabbath, “The Day of The Lord” the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930, which day begins after the greatest period of tribulation that this world has ever seen.

The war to end all wars, The battle of Armageddon.

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive. We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, but when? Nobody knows the exact date.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Geez...

It's all just silly nonsense added to the Christian mythology/bible to fool the primitive minds of a time long ago. I find it sad to see how little intelligence some people have gained over these last 2,000 years.

God is God, he doesn't need any such armies.

Does it have to be a matter of need, but I find what is recorded in Scripture is God's will, His purpose.
Mankind's history has proven that man can Not successfully govern himself to establish peace on earth.
So, that is why God will have Jesus step in to establish Peace on Earth for righteous mankind.
Those angelic armies are given to Jesus for mankind's benefit. That is God's purpose for our immediate future.

Come on, overcome the brainwashing, you CAN do it!

The Christian bible mythology was invented during a waring period, with LOTS of wars being fought in the name of "god" to make the whole myth more plausible. And so it was only fitting to include some mythical "return" of a killed "god" or "son of "god"", depending upon which version of the myth you believe in, with an ARMY to appeal to their primitive imaginations.

It's time to grow up and put the silly primitive man made mythologies behind you.

God is God, he doesn't need any such armies, he is all powerful, all by himself.

He doesn't need any convoluted "son died for anyone's sins" plot, he is God, he can just forgive all by himself.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Concerning the battle of Armageddon let me here repeat what I have posted in a previous thread.

It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. . . . . . . . . "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

According to the scriptures, this occurs just after the thousand year rule of Christ, when heavenly fire incinerates all physical life forms on this planet.

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

According to Jewish time, the first destruction of the Temple of Solomon, was 3338 AM, which is 3338 years from Adam. Our time for that destruction of the temple is 587 BC. So adding 587 to 3338, we see that from the birth of Adam to 1 BC=1AD there is 3925 years, add to that the current date, 2019, (3,925+2019=5,944) and we are now living in the 5,944 th year from the birth of Adam (These dates are very ambiguous) which, if one can accept these dates, leaves us another 56 years before the close of the 6th day and the beginning of the 7th, which is the great Sabbath, “The Day of The Lord” the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930, which day begins after the greatest period of tribulation that this world has ever seen.

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive. We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, but when? Nobody knows the exact date.

When Jesus rode into town on a donkey, many Jews were unimpressed then too.

They were expecting something...a little..."different".

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
And even worse that there is a concept that JW would go to war in the end time.
What? Where did you get this idea? No one said this...at least no JW.

Regarding Jehovah fighting nations: in order to establish His sovereignty (rulership) over the entire Earth, human rulers will have to relinquish theirs. That's unlikely, as Psalms 2 and Daniel 2:44 indicate. This is why Armageddon occurs. Revelation 16:14-16
But Jehovah's Witnesses take no active part in this war.

The Anointed

The Christian bible mythology was invented during a waring period, with LOTS of wars being fought in the name of "god" to make the whole myth more plausible. And so it was only fitting to include some mythical "return" of a killed "god" or "son of "god"", depending upon which version of the myth you believe in, with an ARMY to appeal to their primitive imaginations.

It's time to grow up and put the silly primitive man made mythologies behind you.

God is God, he doesn't need any such armies, he is all powerful, all by himself.

He doesn't need any convoluted "son died for anyone's sins" plot, he is God, he can just forgive all by himself.

We humans developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, and we, who currently appear to be the Most High in the creation and who have dominion over the lower life forms, are not so naïve as to believe that the process of evolution stops with us.

The SON OF MAN, who according to our concept of one directional linear time, is still developing within the body of mankind, must die for the sins of the flesh in which he develops, as all must do.

The Anointed

When Jesus rode into town on a donkey, many Jews were unimpressed then too.

They were expecting something...a little..."different".

Deuteronomy 18: 18; The Lord says to Moses----“I will send them a prophet just like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to MY WORDS which he will speak in my name, I will surely punish.”

Peter reveals who that prophet was, when in Acts 3: 12; in reference to the man Jesus, Peter says; “For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will send you a prophet just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc.”

Did the people of his day believe that the man Jesus was some God, who had been born of a virgin? Of course not, the Jews who lived in the day of Jesus, knew that God had said to Moses that he would choose a man from among the Israelites and send him to speak in his name, and Peter in Acts 3: 22; verified that man to be Jesus the son of Mary and her half Brother 'Joseph the son of Heli/Alexander Helios III. Plus the people of his day knew that he was the man that God had chosen from among the Israelites and sent to speak in his name, when on his triumphant entry into Jerusalem on a donkey, they cried out: “BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

The people of his day, saw him as the prophet that the Lord had chosen from among the Israelites to speak in HIS name.

In John 5: 24; Jesus says; "Whoever hears my words, and believes in “HIM” who sent me, has eternal life.

So Jesus says that we must believe in HIM who put HIS WORDS into his mouth and sent him to speak in his name, in order to receive eternal life.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

We humans developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, and we, who currently appear to be the Most High in the creation and who have dominion over the lower life forms, are not so naïve as to believe that the process of evolution stops with us.

The SON OF MAN, who according to our concept of one directional linear time, is still developing within the body of mankind, must die for the sins of the flesh in which he develops, as all must do.

You must have replied to my post by mistake as I see nothing in your reply that has anything to do with what I posted.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Deuteronomy 18: 18; The Lord says to Moses----“I will send them a prophet just like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to MY WORDS which he will speak in my name, I will surely punish.”

Peter reveals who that prophet was, when in Acts 3: 12; in reference to the man Jesus, Peter says; “For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will send you a prophet just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc.”

Did the people of his day believe that the man Jesus was some God, who had been born of a virgin? Of course not, the Jews who lived in the day of Jesus, knew that God had said to Moses that he would choose a man from among the Israelites and send him to speak in his name, and Peter in Acts 3: 22; verified that man to be Jesus the son of Mary and her half Brother 'Joseph the son of Heli/Alexander Helios III. Plus the people of his day knew that he was the man that God had chosen from among the Israelites and sent to speak in his name, when on his triumphant entry into Jerusalem on a donkey, they cried out: “BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

The people of his day, saw him as the prophet that the Lord had chosen from among the Israelites to speak in HIS name.

In John 5: 24; Jesus says; "Whoever hears my words, and believes in “HIM” who sent me, has eternal life.

So Jesus says that we must believe in HIM who put HIS WORDS into his mouth and sent him to speak in his name, in order to receive eternal life.

The Jews were expecting an actual king, with an actual throne and an earthly kingdom.

2 Samuel 7:12–13
Micah 5:2

"out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

...In the same way, non-Catholic Christian's, tend to expect something equally outrageous in regards to revelation's armageddon. But armageddon has already come to pass with the destruction of the 2nd temple, and the slaughter of the Jews at that time by the Roman empire.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anointed

You must have replied to my post by mistake as I see nothing in your reply that has anything to do with what I posted.

Ancient Soul wrote...….. He doesn't need any convoluted "son died for anyone's sins" plot, he is God, he can just forgive all by himself.

The Anointed...…..I was simply pointing out to you, that the SON of the Most High [IN THE CREATION] chose to die for the sins of the body in which he developed, in order that the body in which he developed would continue to live.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Ancient Soul wrote...….. He doesn't need any convoluted "son died for anyone's sins" plot, he is God, he can just forgive all by himself.

The Anointed...…..I was simply pointing out to you, that the SON of the Most High [IN THE CREATION] chose to die for the sins of the body in which he developed, in order that the body in which he developed would continue to live.

Yes, I fully well know that silly myth.

But that STILL has nothing to do with what I posted.

The Anointed

The Jews were expecting an actual king, with an actual throne and an earthly kingdom.

2 Samuel 7:12–13
Micah 5:2

"out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

...In the same way, non-Catholic Christian's, tend to expect something equally outrageous in regards to revelation's armageddon. But armageddon has already come to pass with the destruction of the 2nd temple, and the slaughter of the Jews at that time by the Roman empire.

Landon Caeli wrote......… The Jews were expecting an actual king, with an actual throne and an earthly kingdom.

The Anointed...….. They certainly were. As the messenger of God said to the young 13 year old Mary, You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The LORD God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end."

Mary, who was born in 20 B.C., was only 7 years old when her father, Heli, a Davidic and Hasmonean prince, called Alexander Helios III, was executed in 13 B.C., in the world where many Davidian aspirants, as the “young lions of Judah”, were eliminated by the cruel and tyrannical King Herod the Great., Etc.

It is said that after the death of her father, Alexander Helios=Heli, “who was a father of renowned,” the seven-year-old Mary [who is believed to be the grand-daughter of Mark Antony] was removed from her mother and taken north into the Greek speaking land of Galilee where she was raised under the protection of the Jewish zealots whose aim it was, to throw off the yoke of Roman rule and establish a descendant of King David, back on the throne of Israel.

But more of that another time. You go on to Quote 2 Samuel 7: 12-13; which has a two fold reference, one was to Solomon of who we read in 2 Samuel 7: 12-17; When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, [Solomon] and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a Temple for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands. But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Your house [David's house] and your kingdom [David's Kingdom] will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.'"

Landon Caeli wrote...……In the same way, non-Catholic Christian's tend to expect something equally outrageous in regards to revelation's armageddon.

The Anointed.........The battle of Armageddon is yet to come, we are now at the closing of the 6th Day when the war to end all wars is to take place, after which, the Great Sabbath of one thousand years begins.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

I wish you could've debated Isaac Newton with your "man-made mythology equals the Bible". Since he studied it daily and still believed it to be God's Word....you must think he was an idiot.
(Maybe someday, you'll get the chance to debate him.)

The Anointed

Yes, I fully well know that silly myth.

But that STILL has nothing to do with what I posted.

Are you really that thick? This is what you posted: "He doesn't need any convoluted "son died for anyone's sins" plot." My post revealed, that the SON of the Most High [IN THE CREATION] 'The Son of Man,' who develops within the body of mankind, just as mankind had developed within the bodies of his animal ancestors, chose to die for the sins of the body in which he developed, in order that the body of mankind in which he developed would continue to live.

If the Son of Man does not die for the sins of mankind, 'the body in which he developed,' then the race of man itself would be held accountable for its sins and all mankind have sinned.

My post had everything to do with what you said in your post.