• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Poll (Armageddon)

Would You Defend Your Country Against God?

• Yes I Would

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How Would I Know?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ellen Brown

Okay. For you let's hypothetically change that to Mormons, or wandering group of Christian like hippies. You don't have to have anything to do with JWs, the majority of the post involved the Christian Army dude.

I'm actually trying to get over Mormons. According to them I could never get to their Heaven. Yeah, what ever.

Earthling

David Henson
We all saw what happened with ISIS... That's what all fundamentalism leads to -regardless of religion. It leads to lack of character, personality, charity, kindness, love, and compassion.

Oh, please . . . we've known that ISIS is the Israeli Secret Intelligence Service since at least 1990 when this was televised.

Ellen Brown

But they are all wrong aren't they? Only yours is the right system, am I correct?

No, you are clueless. Only God can determine who is suitable. And that is primarily determined in Micah 6:8. Don't let satan whisper to you. Practice what you will. Is your moniker here a bit egocentric?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Oh, please . . . we've known that ISIS is the Israeli Secret Intelligence Service since at least 1990 when this was televised.

You can't be serious... I'm talking about the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. That ISIS. They lack character, personality, charity, kindness, love, and compassion.

ISIS are radical Islamic fundamentalists.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anointed

No, you are clueless. Only God can determine who is suitable. And that is primarily determined in Micah 6:8. Don't let satan whisper to you. Practice what you will. Is your moniker here a bit egocentric?

Was it God who told you to reject the beliefs of those religious organisations that you judge as being unsuitable, or did you make that Judgement all on your little lonesome?

Ellen Brown

Was it God who told you to reject the beliefs of those religious organisations that you judge as being unsuitable, or did you make that Judgement all on your little lonesome?

I don't have to listen to you reveal your persecution complex. I respect your belief as YOUR'S, so I demand you don't attack mine as MINE. Now I am just going to put you on Ignore.

Earthling

David Henson
You can't be serious... I'm talking about the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. That ISIS. They lack character, personality, charity, kindness, love, and compassion.

ISIS are radical Islamic fundamentalists.

Right . . . radical Islamic fundamentalists who have never attacked Israel. Hmmmm. Sometimes the bad guys are the good guys pretending to be bad guys to make it look like they are the good guys. You should take an objective look at history. Nero started the fire. The Nazis started the fire. Israel, the U.K. and the U.S.A. are ALWAYS starting fires. And blaming them on the "bad guys."

Why does anyone still fall for this? Al qaeda was the C.I.A. ISIS is Israeli Secret Intelligence Service. The next bogey man you see the mainstream media warning you against will likewise be you.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Right . . . radical Islamic fundamentalists who have never attacked Israel. Hmmmm. Sometimes the bad guys are the good guys pretending to be bad guys to make it look like they are the good guys. You should take an objective look at history. Nero started the fire. The Nazis started the fire. Israel, the U.K. and the U.S.A. are ALWAYS starting fires. And blaming them on the "bad guys."

Why does anyone still fall for this? Al qaeda was the C.I.A. ISIS is Israeli Secret Intelligence Service. The next bogey man you see the mainstream media warning you against will likewise be you.

Acronyms can be used as abbreviations for multiple things. To not know that is very amateurish. Sad really.

But I guess you like sharia law, fundamentalism, dictatorships and the stripping away of human rights since that's what you defend.

Earthling

David Henson
Acronyms can be used as abbreviations for multiple things. To not know that is very amateurish. Sad really.

But I guess you like sharia law, fundamentalism, dictatorships and the stripping away of human rights since that's what you defend.

I defend nothing of the sort.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some Jehovah's Witnesses were once having a good conversation with a Christian who was a decorated army person. A general I think, but I'm not sure. The discussion turned sour when the Witnesses mentioned Armageddon and Jehovah of Armies fighting against all of the nations in order to establish his own kingdom. The man said that he would definitely fight God and his angels if it came to it, to defend his country.

This just blows my mind.

It was most likely the Battle General Allenby fought on the plains of Meggedo in the First world war, when he eventually retook Jerusalem in rather miraculous circumstances. He then went on to Haifa and Akka to fulfill more prophecy including the fall of the Ottoman Empire, which soon resulted.

Regards Tony

Earthling

David Henson
It was most likely the Battle General Allenby fought on the plains of Meggedo in the First world war, when he eventually retook Jerusalem in rather miraculous circumstances. He then went on to Haifa and Akka to fulfill more prophecy including the fall of the Ottoman Empire, which soon resulted.

Regards Tony

Interesting take on it. I don't agree, but it is an interesting interpretation.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Why would God need defending, if he was all-powerful?

Why would God need an army...again, if he was all-powerful?

The absurdity of believing in God, where God needs any army or needs defending, just showed how ridiculous JW doctrine is.
What shows is your misunderstanding of the OP. Please read it, again.

(I guess all those who ‘liked’ your comment, misunderstood it, too. Grief)

Cooky

Veteran Member
I defend nothing of the sort.

What sort of credibility do you suppose a Mox News opinion piece has?

EDIT> It's not even an opinion piece -it's just video clips of random nobody's selected and posted on YouTube by some guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some Jehovah's Witnesses were once having a good conversation with a Christian who was a decorated army person. A general I think, but I'm not sure. The discussion turned sour when the Witnesses mentioned Armageddon and Jehovah of Armies fighting against all of the nations in order to establish his own kingdom. The man said that he would definitely fight God and his angels if it came to it, to defend his country.

This just blows my mind.

Another consideration here is that it happens with each Message anyway, people just have not yet seen it as such.

Though it has happened to certain degrees with all Faiths, it is the Messages of Muhammad and the Bab where war was made against God. People did take arms against God and His Messenger.

Regards Tony

The Anointed

As I don't believe that my country "Australia" will be one of those nations that surround Jerusalem in their attempts to drive God's Chosen People into the sea, I don't believe that your questionnaire concerns who I am.

But concerning the battle of Armageddon let me here repeat what I have posted in a previous thread.

It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. . . . . . . . . "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

According to the scriptures, this occurs just after the thousand year rule of Christ, when heavenly fire incinerated all physical life forms on this planet.

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

According to Jewish time, the first destruction of the Temple of Solomon, was 3338 AM, which is 3338 years from Adam. Our time for that destruction of the temple is 587 BC. So adding 587 to 3338, we see that from the birth of Adam to 1 BC=1AD there is 3925 years, add to that the current date, 2019, (3,925+2019=5,944) and we are now living in the 5,944 th year from the birth of Adam (These dates are very ambiguous) which, if one can accept these dates, leaves us another 56 years before the close of the 6th day and the beginning of the 7th, which is the great Sabbath, “The Day of The Lord” the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930, which day begins after the greatest period of tribulation that this world has ever seen.

The war to end all wars, The battle of Armageddon.

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive. We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, but when? Nobody knows the exact date.

One of the worst tribulations that the earth has suffered in recent times occurred some 75,000 years ago with the Toba super eruption, which was a super volcanic eruption that occurred sometime between 69,000 and 77,000 years ago at Lake Toba (Sumatra Indonesia). It is recognised as one of earth’s largest eruptions.

Thousands of cubic kilometres of material would have been blasted out into the stratosphere blocking out the light all over the world, turning the sun and moon into huge blood red orbs and causing the earth’s temperature to drop some 21% and it would possibly have been a thousand years, before rainbows could form in our atmosphere again.

The related catastrophe theory holds that this event plunged the planet into a 6 to 10 year volcanic winter and possibly an additional 1,000 year cooling episode. This change in temperature resulted in the world’s proto-human population being reduced to 10,000 or even a mere 1,000 breeding pairs, creating a bottleneck in human evolution.

Could an eruption such as this, be more of a blessing, than a curse, could a protective shield around the earth to protect us from increased heavenly radiation for a period of time, be established, to give us time to prepare for the ultimate end of all physical life forms that remain on this planet, and if so how?

The huge column of molten rock that feeds Yellowstone's "super volcano" dives deeper and fills a magma chamber 20 percent bigger than previous estimates, scientists say. The finding, based on the most detailed model yet of the region's geologic plumbing, suggests that Yellowstone's magma chamber contains even more fuel for a future "super eruption" than anyone had suspected.

The model shows that a 45-mile-wide (72-kilometer-wide) plume of hot, molten rock rises to feed the super volcano from at least 410 miles (660 kilometers) beneath Earth's surface. The deepest part of the plume actually sits beneath the town of Wisdom, Montana, about 150 miles (241 kilometers) from Yellowstone National Park, a steady flow of hot rock in Earth's upper mantle causes the plume to drift to the southeast, where it fills a magma chamber that sits just 3.7 to 10 miles (5.9 to 16 kilometers) beneath Yellowstone.

Other new data show that Yellowstone's magma chamber extends 13 miles (21 kilometers) farther to the northeast than previously thought. Scientists had already known that Yellowstone is a volcanic hot spot, and that within the past two million years, the region has seen three mammoth eruptions at intervals of about 600,000 years, and it is 640,000 years since it’s last eruption. Such events it is said, can produce at least 77 cubic miles (360 cubic kilometers) of basalt: enough to bury Washington, D.C., under nearly 7,200 feet (2,200 meters) of solidified lava.

The ground beneath Yellowstone is said to be 74cm higher today than it was in 1923, which indicates a massive swelling beneath the Park. Scientists believe that the reservoir of Magma is filling at an alarming rate and as that volcano erupts with an average cycle of 600,000 years and the last eruption was more than 640,000 years ago we are overdue for annihilation.

Forget about the death total within the immediate period of the explosive eruption, but just imagine what happens to our communication and ground and air transport systems, fuel supplies, power grids, atomic power stations spewing out radiation into the atmosphere, etc, etc.

What did Jesus say concerning that day? "Pray that your flight be not in winter, (The nuclear/volcanic winter) and woe unto the women who are pregnant in those days, perhaps the evolutionary son of man, came from mutants that are to be born in those days.

Zechariah 14: 6; And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Lord’s Day of one thousand years) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light. On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter. The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.

Could the Great prophesied war in the Middle East be the trigger to set off the volcano beneath Yellowstone, bringing in a thousand year period of twilight in which rainbows can't form in our atmosphere? And when, according to Isaiah 65: 20, "If one were to die during that period at the age of 100, they would be but a child.

In that day says Isaiah, The lion will lay down with the sheep and all people will live out their full life span. A hundred year old person will be considered to be but a child etc.

Revelation 20: 7-9: It is after the thousand years have ended (How long after? Nobody knows.) that the last trumpet will sound and the fire from heaven descends and incinerates the surface of this planet as prophesied by Zephaniah.

In dream I saw the heavens ablaze with balls of fire
Huge hailstones that were burning and streaking down the skies
The earth was clothed in purples, dark orange, and deep blue
Like a swaddling cloth surrounding us that hid the stars from veiw
Dark clouds rose from the mountain peaks, earth's veins were opened wide
Through which her inner blood spewed forth in streams of living fire
Whole continents, they heaved and tossed, waves rippled through the ground
In all the earth, no hiding place of safety could be found
The oceans boiled, they foamed and rose destroying cities on their shores
All the river dams were busted, valley towns were seen no more
The power stations of the earth--all were melted down
A few survivors of the human race were all that could be found
And then I saw the winter, a winter so severe
It lasted not a few short months, but many, many, years
And the women who were pregnant, Ahh, the children that they bore
Grotesque and hideous malformations, I pray to see that sight no more
Then when the winter lifted and the crops began to grow
A strange and eerie world emerged from the destruction and the snow
A world with neither day nor night where rainbows couldn't form
In the atmosphere above the earth, and yet the air was strangely warm
A thousand years of twilight and through that swaddling band on high
Three blood red giants were blazing through a hazed and orange sky
The sun and moon had turned to blood, but far brighter than the moon
Was Jupiter, that heavenly light, which in time would spell man's doom.

To be continued.