• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chiristianity can be harmful to children.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It's very obvious that he is when you read the Bible. Noah's Ark? Drowning people is violent. The plagues on Egypt? Killing the first born is violence that is especially heinous. Sending you own son to be executed by torture? Wickedly and savagely violent.

That's no green flag to expose them to violence. It's something children should not be exposed to. That ot happens is a tragedy and no excuse to say oh well, expose them amyways.
Again, let me pose a situation to you. First of all, let me say I wouldn't want to drown, but it happens. The Coronavirus19 is said to be a rather unpleasant way to die, it takes longer than drowning and is said to be very painful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Let me ask you a question, SW. Do you watch violent movies?
I am an adult. It doesn't matter if I watch them. And, yes. I do. I'm only moments away even from laughing hysterically as the Black Knight gets his arms lopped off and proclaims "It's just a flesh wound."
And I will add this: fake violence does not phase me. It's fake and not real. But real violence, it upsets me. And certain portrayals, such as the events in Schindlers List, because that did happen it's especially upsetting and left me sobbing at several points throughout the movie. But Happy Tree Friends I absolutely love.
What does the question have to do with exposing children to violence?

First of all, let me say I wouldn't want to drown, but it happens.
And the God of Abraham is said to have drown over 99% of all living things on the land. That is vicious, savage, and utterly barbaric.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The ones who expose children to violence are humans. The ones who enslave small children are humans.....your point is...?
That the Bible is so violent that it is unsuitable and inappropriate for children.
what makes you think he needs our approval to do with his own property as he sees fit?
I am no one's property. To degrade us to the status of property is a vile, evil, wretched taint upon the world that tragically still exists to this day. No human being is property, and it is only through the works of evil that they can be seen as property.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
All the best with your protests.....I don't know whose ears you expect them to fall on.....:shrug:
How about this to fall on your ears?
**** your god and the high horse he rode in on for thinking us property. He is rightly considered our enemy if he thinks we items and objects to own and do with as he pleases.
He's more violent than Stalin and Hitler combined, he's more heinous than Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer combined, and more savagely cruel than Vlad Dracul III and Pol Pot.

YoursTrue

I am an adult. It doesn't matter if I watch them. And, yes. I do. I'm only moments away even from laughing hysterically as the Black Knight gets his arms lopped off and proclaims "It's just a flesh wound."
And I will add this: fake violence does not phase me. It's fake and not real. But real violence, it upsets me. And certain portrayals, such as the events in Schindlers List, because that did happen it's especially upsetting and left me sobbing at several points throughout the movie. But Happy Tree Friends I absolutely love.
What does the question have to do with exposing children to violence?

And the God of Abraham is said to have drown over 99% of all living things on the land. That is vicious, savage, and utterly barbaric.
So enjoying depictions of violence is ok by you?

YoursTrue

**** your god and the high horse he rode in on for thinking us property. He is rightly considered our enemy if he thinks we items and objects to own and do with as he pleases.
He's more violent than Stalin and Hitler combined, he's more heinous than Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer combined, and more savagely cruel than Vlad Dracul III and Pol Pot.
Many people were afraid of these dictators and obeyed them. That is why all the violence came about.

YoursTrue

If the Bible is true, who do you think will win? You? or God?

YoursTrue

That the Bible is so violent that it is unsuitable and inappropriate for children.

I am no one's property. To degrade us to the status of property is a vile, evil, wretched taint upon the world that tragically still exists to this day. No human being is property, and it is only through the works of evil that they can be seen as property.
When a person breaks the law and is arrested, he might tell the police he's not their property. See how far that will get him.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

The Bible contains a scene of bears mauling people to death. It says to kill your child if theh worship another god. It says you can beat your slaves. Genocide is abundant. That's not the normal violence a child is ever likely to encounter, nit even as an adult. And, yes, it is different being a kid and seeing war on TV and then being told the god your being raised to follow is notoriously and savagely cruel to those who disobey. Even to a child one is far away and impersonal enough. Tbe other is very direct.
The law given to the Jews back then is not applied now as far as killing someone for rape, and stoning, at least not in many countries. But now if a person knows the law and goes against it, for instance, someone like Bernie Madoff who ripped off quite a few people, such a person can be arrested, put on trial and incarcerated. Sometimes a murderer is executed by the government.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Like I say, he can go to court and tell them all he's not their property even if he's guilty as they're hauling him away in chains.
That doesn't nake him property. He is still entitled to certain rights, and is ward of the state, not their property.

YoursTrue

No
That doesn't nake him property. He is still entitled to certain rights, and is ward of the state, not their property.
Tell that if a person commits treason and he exercised his right to go against the government. Make sure the government knows he's not their property when they punish him.

YoursTrue

Did you miss the part where its depictions that are fake? That does make a very significant in my mind, as literal violence (as opposed to staged and animated) upsets me.
Hmmm when I was a young adult and saw violence on the screen, I was scared. I didn't even believe in God until I was older, but I never liked or enjoyed violence in movies. We're all different. There was one movie I saw that scared the daylights out of me. I still remember it. It wasn't a fantasy but it was also I believe based on reality. It was a story about what the government does to some soldiers with special secrets. But if you enjoy that type of thing, that's up to you. I look forward to a different type of life where things like that won't happen any more.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Did you miss the part where its depictions that are fake? That does make a very significant in my mind, as literal violence (as opposed to staged and animated) upsets me.
So you would be repelled if someone did those things in real life, But enjoy looking at it as fantasy. I'm of a different mindset. What must be in the minds of the creators of those types of fantasy violence? You can be sure they know some people enjoy seeing that, just as some people enjoy seeing people being raped.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So you would be repelled if someone did those things in real life, But enjoy looking at it as fantasy. I'm of a different mindset. What must be in the minds of the creators of those types of fantasy violence? You can be sure they know some people enjoy seeing that, just as some people enjoy seeing people being raped.
I doubt it. Myself, my art is very dark, morbid, amd vioent. But my art amd my general demeanor or two completely different things. I've even worked with kids. And I know another who is disturbingly violent as an artist, but also works with kids. HR Giger created the Xenomorphs of the Alien movie franchise, along with other very dark, disturbing, and sexual images, but was a different person inblife from what I've learned. And then there is Marilyn Manson/Brian Warner. Marilyn Manson was the Anti-Christ of the mid and late 90s. Brain Warner, the man behind the gimmick, is a boring, bland, dull, plain Jane prude.
Sure, a few overall probably do also enjoy violence, but that I find that curious as it suggests a lack of empathy amd mental illness.