• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'cause in Texas potted plant purloiners are legitimate targets

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Dear Texas,

The rest of the country is aware that "Don't Mess With Texas" is an anti-littering sign.

We're really not that impressed.

Sincerely,
The rest of the county

(And that just confirms to me that shooting the guy for stealing the plants wasn't reasonable.)

Snarkiness again. Wow, you're on a roll!

I love Texas. LOVE IT. And it loves me back. We're happy together and frankly, Texans don't much care whether you're impressed or not. We know we've got a good thing going on down here.

And by the way, just for the record, most Texans wouldn't consider it reasonable to shoot a guy for stealing plants off their patio, AND Texas law requires that a REASONABLE PERSON would feel endangered by a trespasser in order to use deadly force. As a Texan, I wouldn't feel that state law really protected my right to shoot a plant thief. But my original point, which bears repeating, is this - one mighty fine way to avoid being shot at is to avoid trespassing and stealing on other's property.

Last edited:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Snarkiness again. Wow, you're on a roll!

I love Texas. LOVE IT. And it loves me back. We're happy together and frankly, Texans don't much care whether you're impressed or not. We know we've got a good thing going on down here.
Have fun. Enjoy yourselves. Mentally masturbate over the awesomeness that you think is your state. It's cool. Whatever makes you happy.

But Texans come off as that person who has to reassure you a few too many times, if you know what I mean.

PS: Being sarcastic while complaining about sarcasm is like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

Kathryn

Have fun. Enjoy yourselves. Mentally masturbate over the awesomeness that you think is your state. It's cool. Whatever makes you happy.

But Texans come off as that person who has to reassure you a few too many times, if you know what I mean.

Drole, you DO know that when you get snarky it really diminishes your credibility, right?

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Drole, you DO know that when you get snarky it really diminishes your credibility, right?
You DO know that I"m not having any sort of serious conversation with you because I don't believe you're willing to do so honestly, right?

I have no concern about whether you find me credible on the topic of Texans metaphorically overcompensating.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
If you live in fear, it shows on your face as you walk down the street. Scared pedestrians are targets. I personally walk around ready to **** up anyone who tries to start something.

lol yes, this is what I do. Though at first it was hard, I wasn't used to having to front. But as the days go on, and riding the bus and train, and dealing with people, it became more natural. Probably because a lot of people are annoying and so pushy, you almost wish you could just hit them lol.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
But my original point, which bears repeating, is this - one mighty fine way to avoid being shot at is to avoid trespassing and stealing on other's property.
From the sounds of things, an even better way to avoid being shot would be not to go to Texas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
With topics 'bout things wild westy
some posters I like become testy.
Snarking & loathing!
Ripping of clothing!
(Let's hope that these gals are all chesty.)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I've had no trouble in Texas.
But then I never tried to rob anyone.
I've made wrong turns in the country before, and I've been on roads where someone's driveway looked more like a proper road than the actual road. I sure wouldn't want to be in any state where the mere act of "trespassing" gives someone the right to kill me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've made wrong turns in the country before, and I've been on roads where someone's driveway looked more like a proper road than the actual road. I sure wouldn't want to be in any state where the mere act of "trespassing" gives someone the right to kill me.
Interesting.....my GPS once sent me into someone's yard. Yes, this really happened.
I was lucky that it was late at nite & I got out of there before anyone saw me.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Interesting.....my GPS once sent me into someone's yard. Yes, this really happened.
I was lucky that it was late at nite & I got out of there before anyone saw me.
There have been rallies where a bad instruction in the route book sends the first team through the caution tape at the junction, and the second team actually down the road... and when they figure out they're off route and turn around, their back bumper gets refinished with buckshot.

Kathryn

If everyone loved their state as much as most Texans love Texas, this world would be a better place.

Some things I love about Texas:

countrytavern.jpg

Country Tavern ribs

TexasHillCountry2.3674129_std.jpg

The Hill Country

cowboy_display_image.png

Real cowboys

South%20Padre%20Island%20dunes_tn.jpg

South Padre Island

San_Antonio_Riverwalk.jpg

San Antonio's riverwalk

Texas-MonthlyBCeleb.jpg

Willie Nelson

Mexicanweb.jpg

Tex Mex culture

George_in_front_of_Gruene_Hall.112121933_std.jpg

Gruene Dance Hall (oldest in Texas) AND George Strait - yeehaw!

Man, I love this place.

Kathryn

You DO know that I"m not having any sort of serious conversation with you because I don't believe you're willing to do so honestly, right?

I have no concern about whether you find me credible on the topic of Texans metaphorically overcompensating.

I know that when you've run out of useful things to say, you get snarky.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's all very pretty, but none of it's worth getting killed over.

... well, going to the Atheist Community of Austin's weekly Sunday dinner might be worth it, but the rest of it... I'll pass.

Kathryn

From the sounds of things, an even better way to avoid being shot would be not to go to Texas.

You must have missed my post about the crime rate in Texas. We are ranked 35 out of 50 (1 being the highest rate and 50 being the lowest).

Not shabby. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about getting shot in Texas. But one sure fire way to decrease that likelihood is to eschew the act of theft.