• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'cause in Texas potted plant purloiners are legitimate targets

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
It seems kind of juvenile to shoot a potted plant thief. Like something an 11 year old boy would imagine was just, fair, and proportionate.

It also seems a bit cowardly to shoot the thief in the back while he was running away. But I imagine there are people who are so low they could be proud of doing that.

You don't shoot people in the back, you shoot them in the legs so they turn around to see what just happened. :D

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No really I'm not, in fact, I was the one who mentioned that in this thread, bringing it up now as if it's new isn't even close to accurate.

That is interesting as a way to count it, although you couldn't presume that all guns are being carried that frequently. (How many guns does each person have, how many are carried, etc.) But I'm not sure if that's more like having your car in a garage, really.

As I said I really don't think they're comparable. I realize I'm as bad as everyone else about still trying to compare, but they're too different in purpose and in use.

You bolded 'the successful use' part, and ignored where I said I was wrong on the per item basis to try and...what? Win something? Have a cookie if you want one, but I'm more concerned with a per use number and not because I was wrong on the other grounds.

But if you're going to ignore the words you bold, I can't help you with your reading comprehension.

No need to get snarky when your hand is called or your mistakes are pointed out. Hell,I have to eat crow on this forum on a regular basis. Learn to admit when you've made a mistake or you're wrong - it's a charming attribute. Much more charming than snarkiness.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No need to get snarky when your hand is called or your mistakes are pointed out. Hell,I have to eat crow on this forum on a regular basis. Learn to admit when you've made a mistake or you're wrong - it's a charming attribute. Much more charming than snarkiness.
You might make Croak nervous by using that phrase.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl

So when twice I've pointed out that I was wrong, I'm somehow not admitting that I'm wrong?

And you continue to ignore that, as well as where you're wrong.

Projection. You're doing it.

Kathryn

So when twice I've pointed out that I was wrong, I'm somehow not admitting that I'm wrong?

And you continue to ignore that, as well as where you're wrong.

Projection. You're doing it.

I'm not going to scroll back thru all these posts looking for where you admitted twice you were wrong. I can only recall one instance where you admitted you were about half way wrong, but no matter.

My point is that you continued to add criteria when given stats - and then got snarky when it was pointed out to you, snidely telling me that "you can't help me with my reading comprehension."

That sort of sarcasm doesn't do anything to add credibility. It lowers the integrity of the discussion.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I'm not going to scroll back thru all these posts looking for where you admitted twice you were wrong. I can only recall one instance where you admitted you were about half way wrong, but no matter.

My point is that you continued to add criteria when given stats - and then got snarky when it was pointed out to you, snidely telling me that "you can't help me with my reading comprehension."

That sort of sarcasm doesn't do anything to add credibility. It lowers the integrity of the discussion.
Said it twice, directly to you.

Deliberately made a point not to add criteria, only clarify the original request as was noted in the posts you quoted yourself.

Obviously you don't read direct responses written to you, except when they're "snide" so I really don't think the integrity of the conversation was anywhere to be concerned about to begin with. I've admitted where I was wrong, you still fail to do the same, and it's far from the first conversation we've had where you've done so, so I'm really not worrying my pretty little head about it.

Kathryn

Said it twice, directly to you.

Deliberately made a point not to add criteria, only clarify the original request as was noted in the posts you quoted yourself.

Obviously you don't read direct responses written to you, except when they're "snide" so I really don't think the integrity of the conversation was anywhere to be concerned about to begin with. I've admitted where I was wrong, you still fail to do the same, and it's far from the first conversation we've had where you've done so, so I'm really not worrying my pretty little head about it.

Good - that makes two pretty little heads that aren't worried about it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now, if you gals are gonna make up, please first rip some of each other's clothing off.
And post pix, eh?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I lied....here's another.....
Hokuto_no_willie.jpg

Koldo

Outstanding Member
"SAN ANTONIO -- Police say a homeowner on the city's northwest side shot a man in the head Wednesday morning for trying to steal a potted plant from his front yard.

The suspect, in his 40s, was taken to an area hospital. Police said he will be charged with theft and possibly burglary.

[Police sargent] Benavides said the homeowner is being questioned but will not likely be charged."
source

Does this really require that I say something interesting? .................................................. Okay.

San Antonio is "one of America’s safest and best 'walking' cities."
source

What an extreme measure to prevent the theft of a potted plant. :eek: