• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats....All About Cats

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Actually, cats have a unique ability, like a lot of animals do,
they can sense (see) the vibratory realm just "above" this one,
where all the "ghosts" hang out. And they don't like cats.

It is a custom in many countries that when a person moves into a new home,
they get a cat to come in and "investigate" first, and to rid the home of any paranormal entities.

This is why the RCC exterminated them at one time,
and why I have several.
I am not surprised that cats have special powers and know things we do not know.
I could tell you some stories but I would probably get laughed at here.

So do you believe that animals survive physical death and go to the spiritual world?
If my cats ain't there, I ain't going. :mad:

Of course I have to go anyway, but I cannot even imagine a life without my cats.... They are my whole world, aside from my husband and people on forums. I love them more than God, and God knows that.

WhyIsThatSo

I am not surprised that cats have special powers and know things we do not know.
I could tell you some stories but I would probably get laughed at here.

So do you believe that animals survive physical death and go to the spiritual world?
If my cats ain't there, I ain't going. :mad:

Of course I have to go anyway, but I cannot even imagine a life without my cats.... They are my whole world, aside from my husband and people on forums. I love them more than God, and God knows that.

The "cats"...."there", are a lot better than the cats here.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I just saw an interesting NOVA episode about cats.
I highly recommend it.

But one odd thing I ran across was how the Catholic Church
had an anti-cat campaign in the 1200s. Apparently cats are
Satan's minions. So they began to exterminate all they could
find, torturing them to death.
How odd...the Egyptians treated them as favored by a god.
Ref...
The Vicious Battle Between the Vatican and Cats

All cat comments are welcome.
Remind me never to be a Catholic..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Satan's minions? Firstly, there is no being called Satan, talk about superstition.
Secondly, anyone who would kill even one cat is pure evil.
IMO.

We have 10 Persian cats and our life revolves around them.
We both love them more than anything else in the world.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Remind me never to be a Catholic..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Satan's minions? Firstly, there is no being called Satan, talk about superstition.
Secondly, anyone who would kill even one cat is pure evil;;;
IMO.

We have 10 Persian cats and our life revolves around them.
We both love them more than anything else in the world.
Catholics seem to be positively disposed to cats these days.
On that I'm certain.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
An interesting thing about felines, canines, and humans. Between the three of us, we are the most accomplished, cold-blooded, and vicious killers to walk the earth. Maybe that's why we get along so well. Humans love their dogs and cats, and dogs and cats love their humans. We're natural allies, and killers to the bone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
An interesting thing about felines, canines, and humans. Between the three of us, we are the most accomplished, cold-blooded, and vicious killers to walk the earth. Maybe that's why we get along so well. Humans love their dogs and cats, and dogs and cats love their humans. We're natural allies, and killers to the bone.
This is a natural killer?
hqdefault.jpg

Stanyon

WWMRD?
We have a black cat. When we first moved to France introductions were a good move. I was introducing the family you our German neighbours. Our cat, always one for attention sauntered up to us so i introduced her. "And this is our angel..."

Before i had finished a strong German accent cut across me, "Angel... ANGEL. it is as black as the devil himself"

It seems that not only are our German friends not very enamored with cats, they are somewhat religious and very superstitious.

I was driving in my town and a guy ahead of me Mid 40s I'd say was driving and I saw him looking to the left and there was a black cat on the sidewalk that looked like it was about to bolt. He was saying something because his mouth was moving and I thought to myself "is this idiot really goi.." about that time the cat ran across and he slammed on his brakes and made a u- turn in the middle of the street evidently cursing. I am glad I was paying attention because I probably would have hit him.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Maybe so. The article linked in the OP suggests it, although I'll admit I haven't studied that period thoroughly.

It was an interesting idea just the same. It seems logical that if there had been a mass killing of cats, there would be a rise in rodentia.
But there wasn't. That's the point. There was no cat-killing episode in Europe, whether instigated by the church or otherwise. The whole thing seems to be an invention.