• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you mark the location of the inner-core-point of this universe ?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Okay, consider every place is the center of the universe.

Taking this into consideration the place which is right in front of your eyes is the center of the universe. But, as the center point is thin/subtle enough to look with human physical eyes. Which is best possible way to see it ?

Huh. Hard to answer that question without some kind of philosophical perspective. That said, if we are talking physically/realistically, I'm not sure.

My guess would be the same way we try to do it now; by mapping the stars. Otherwise, I'm not sure how else we can do it.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, replace the word "consider" with "suppose"

Then what is you answer ?

Again, it makes no sense. I have no idea what you even mean by 'layers' in this context.

The 'center' is a point in empty space. Nothing else is there.

chinu

chinu
Again, it makes no sense. I have no idea what you even mean by 'layers' in this context.

The 'center' is a point in empty space. Nothing else is there.
Some atoms, or molecules are really small. So small, in fact, that it's impossible to see one with the naked eye, or even with the most powerful of microscopes.

How can you say that there's nothing else in empty space ?

Nimos

No. that is NOT what am asking. Please re-read my question below.

Consider every place is the center of the universe.
If so, then the empty space which is right in front of your eyes is the center of the universe.

Now, suppose that this empty space has some more layers to uncover before you could see the exact center-point.

Which is best possible way to look this center-point ? (Of course human physical eyes isn't capable going such deep)
Not sure I really understand what you are asking, what do you mean by layers?

chinu

chinu
Not sure I really understand what you are asking, what do you mean by layers?
By layers I mean;
Perhaps, something might be there very deeper in the empty-space that we can't see.

For example: Some atoms, or molecules are really small. So small, in fact, that it's impossible to see one with the naked eye, or even with the most powerful of microscopes.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Considering this universe a "Big-Ball".
And, perhaps there's a possibility that this universe may have began from this inner-core-point and spread all around.

I couldn't, no.

Nimos

By layers I mean;
Perhaps, something might be there very deeper in the empty-space that we can't see.

For example: Some atoms, or molecules are really small. So small, in fact, that it's impossible to see one with the naked eye, or even with the most powerful of microscopes.
We don't know, if there is anything. We know that most is in fact made up from nothing, as far as I understand. Even in an atom if you look at a classic illustration:
atom.gif

The neutrons and electrons etc. are orbiting the nucleus, but most of the atom is empty space.

For instance this one:
A hydrogen atom is about 99.9999999999996% empty space.

If that is not what you mean, then you have the dark matter and energy, whichever it is. That the scientists believe exists, because the mass of the galaxies doesn't add up at all, so there is a lot that is unaccounted for so to speak. And can't remember if the expansion of the Universe is also related to this. But they believe that DM/DE doesn't interact with us or something, which is why it is so difficult to figure out. if I understood it correctly.

The two most outstanding unsolved problems of modern cosmology today are the problems of dark energy and dark matter. Together these two problems imply that about a whopping 96% of the energy content of the universe is simply unaccounted for within the reigning paradigm of modern cosmology.

So they are working on different ways to figuring it out.

But again, can't stress enough that I might misunderstand most, if not all of it. So don't take it as being the absolute truth!! :D

Nimos

By layers I mean;

You might find these interesting and entertaining, they talk about dark matter and black holes etc. Maybe they will get you closer to an explanation, or at least how scientists look at it. Don't worry they are not boring equations, math etc. :D And if not, you can probably find some other Startalk answering questions. Have to say that people ask some really cool questions.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Some atoms, or molecules are really small. So small, in fact, that it's impossible to see one with the naked eye, or even with the most powerful of microscopes.

How can you say that there's nothing else in empty space ?

Those atoms are moving around. If they are at the 'center', they are only there for an instant.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And, perhaps there's a possibility that this universe may have began from this inner-core-point and spread all around.

Go to planet Trantor, & take a hard left.
You can't miss it.

chinu

chinu
So they are working on different ways to figuring it out.
There's an empty space inside every human head.
Is it possible to investigate that empty space by reversing our seeing-power inward our own head with the help of any meditation ? what do you think ?

Nimos

There's an empty space inside every human head.
Is it possible to investigate that empty space by reversing our seeing-power inward our own head with the help of any meditation ? what do you think ?
What do you mean there is an empty space inside our heads?

chinu

chinu
What do you mean there is an empty space inside our heads?
Consider it everywhere in your head. However, for the convenience of meditation you can choose the point which is nearest to your inward seeing power.

Nimos

Consider it everywhere in your head. However, you can choose the point which is nearest to your inward seeing power.
I have no clue what you mean? you can go to a meditative state, but that is purely as a thought experience within your brain. It might give the illusion that it is empty and your thoughts are just floating around. But Im really not sure what you mean.

PruePhillip

There is no inner core to an expanding universe. It doesn't work like a balloon, despite balloons often
being used for analogy. Every point in the universe is the "center."