• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you mark the location of the inner-core-point of this universe ?

chinu

chinu
Considering this universe a "Big-Ball".
And, perhaps there's a possibility that this universe may have began from this inner-core-point and spread all around.

Last edited:

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I suppose it could be. Evidence suggests the universe is continuing to expand.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know yet if there is some kind of container or boundary at the edge of the universe, as far as I know.

It would be wise to wait until more information can be uncovered before jumping to conclusions just yet, IMO.

chinu

chinu
Unfortunately, there's no way to know yet if there is some kind of container or boundary at the edge of the universe, as far as I know.

It would be wise to wait until more information can be uncovered before jumping to conclusions just yet, IMO.
Of course. I agree that unfortunately, there's no way to know yet if there is some kind of container or boundary at the edge of the universe.

But, Is it possible to Mark the location of the inner-core-point of this universe ?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Of course. I agree that unfortunately, there's no way to know yet if there is some kind of container or boundary at the edge of the universe.

But, Is it possible to Mark the location of the inner-core-point of this universe ?

Actually, I don't really know much about the big bang. I did a little research, and I came accross this. Very interesting stuff!

"So far, theoretical ideas and observations — such as those of the cosmic microwave background radiation, the afterglow from the Big Bang — point to a remarkably flat universe. But cosmologists still aren't sure if the universe is indeed flat or if the curvature is so wide that the universe only appears flat — similar to how Earth feels flat on the surface.

That the universe has no center — and, by extension, no edge — is consistent with the cosmological principle, the idea that no place in the universe is special. Observations of how galaxy clusters are distributed and the cosmic microwave background reveal a cosmos that, when you zoom out far enough, does indeed look the same everywhere.

Throughout history, humans have wrongly thought we were at or near the center of the universe —whether that center was the Earth, the sun or even the Milky Way galaxy. But no matter how special we humans think we are, the universe has, so far, shown otherwise."

Where Is the Center of the Universe? | Live Science

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
And, perhaps there's a possibility that this universe may have began from this inner-core-point and spread all around.

No. I lost my space marker.

Nimos

Could be, however if I understood it correctly (Which I might very well not have :D)

Everything will basically be the centre according to the big bang theory. So you standing on Earth will observe all other galaxies moving apart, however were you to stand on a planet in another galaxy you would observe the same thing.

So if you imagine galaxies like this:

Star.jpg

And the red dot is Earth then everything seems to be moving apart, but if you are standing on the yellow planet, it will look exactly the same. Basically making everything the centre of the universe, which is why the big bang is not an explosion as some people mistake it for, but rather it is an expansion. Because if you reverse the arrows and collapse everything back to your perspective then Earth would be perceived as the centre, but were you to stand on the yellow that is the centre. And if that is true, then everything must basically be the centre as I see it.

At least that is how I understood it, but again might be wrong :D

chinu

chinu
Actually, I don't really know much about the big bang. I did a little research, and I came accross this. Very interesting stuff!

"So far, theoretical ideas and observations — such as those of the cosmic microwave background radiation, the afterglow from the Big Bang — point to a remarkably flat universe. But cosmologists still aren't sure if the universe is indeed flat or if the curvature is so wide that the universe only appears flat — similar to how Earth feels flat on the surface.

That the universe has no center — and, by extension, no edge — is consistent with the cosmological principle, the idea that no place in the universe is special. Observations of how galaxy clusters are distributed and the cosmic microwave background reveal a cosmos that, when you zoom out far enough, does indeed look the same everywhere.

Throughout history, humans have wrongly thought we were at or near the center of the universe —whether that center was the Earth, the sun or even the Milky Way galaxy. But no matter how special we humans think we are, the universe has, so far, shown otherwise."

Where Is the Center of the Universe? | Live Science
Okay, consider every place is the center of the universe.

Taking this into consideration the place which is right in front of your eyes is the center of the universe. But, as the center point is thin/subtle enough to look with human physical eyes. Which is best possible way to see it ?

chinu

chinu
No. I lost my space marker.

Taking this into consideration the place which is right in front of your eyes is the center of the universe. But, as the center point is thin/subtle enough to look with human physical eyes. Which is best possible way to see it ?

chinu

chinu
Could be, however if I understood it correctly (Which I might very well not have :D)

Everything will basically be the centre according to the big bang theory. So you standing on Earth will observe all other galaxies moving apart, however were you to stand on a planet in another galaxy you would observe the same thing.

View attachment 42561

And the red dot is Earth then everything seems to be moving apart, but if you are standing on the yellow planet, it will look exactly the same. Basically making everything the centre of the universe, which is why the big bang is not an explosion as some people mistake it for, but rather it is an expansion. Because if you reverse the arrows and collapse everything back to your perspective then Earth would be perceived as the centre, but were you to stand on the yellow that is the centre. And if that is true, then everything must basically be the centre as I see it.

Brian2

Veteran Member

View attachment 42561

If everything did collapse inwards again then it would end up at one point and I guess that could be seen as the centre even if the universe is expanding like part of the surface of a balloon that is being inflated.
If the universe is not infinite, which sounds as if it means that space would not exist outside the universe, then I guess the universe would have a centre and who knows, earth may be that centre.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
If everything did collapse inwards again then it would end up at one point and I guess that could be seen as the centre even if the universe is expanding like part of the surface of a balloon that is being inflated.

Brian2

Veteran Member

How about looking inside yourself?? however one might do that.
I wonder if empty space existed before the big bang and if it did not, what was there. That would be the same with time also. No space or time, I can't imagine it.
So anyway, if space did not exist then maybe no particular point in space could be seen as the centre with would remain the centre if things collapsed again.
Hmmmm.

Nimos

Yeah that is basically how I would see it. If you take a balloon and draw dots on its surface and then blow it up all the dots will seem like they are expanding away from each other.

However since the balloon doesn't start in one single point, as the Universe did, you will have to imagine that, making everything start at one point, where all share the same idea of being in the centre.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Yes, if you have a time machine. Just set it to 13.8 billion years in the past and it will be at the centre of the universe.
Iow: no, you can't because the centre doesn't exist any longer as a location in 3d that you can point to.

chinu

chinu
Yeah that is basically how I would see it. If you take a balloon and draw dots on its surface and then blow it up all the dots will seem like they are expanding away from each other.
No. that is NOT what am asking. Please re-read my question below.

Consider every place is the center of the universe.
If so, then the empty space which is right in front of your eyes is the center of the universe.

Now, suppose that this empty space has some more layers to uncover before you could see the exact center-point.

Which is best possible way to look this center-point ? (Of course human physical eyes isn't capable going such deep)

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
How about looking inside yourself??
Good idea.
however one might do that.
How to do that ?
I wonder if empty space existed before the big bang and if it did not, what was there. That would be the same with time also. No space or time, I can't imagine it.
So anyway, if space did not exist then maybe no particular point in space could be seen as the centre with would remain the centre if things collapsed again.
Hmmmm.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

If so, then the empty space which is right in front of your eyes is the center of the universe.

Now, consider that this empty space has some more layers to uncover before you could see the exact center-point.

Which is best possible way to look this center-point ? (Of course human physical eyes isn't capable)

I don't get what you're trying to ask. According to the best theories we have it is space(-time) itself that is expanding (not the universe expanding into empty space) so every point in the observable universe would have been in the same 'place' in the past (or at least very close, we'd need a quantum theory of gravity to be sure). But I've do idea what you mean by "more layers".

chinu

chinu
Yes, if you have a time machine. Just set it to 13.8 billion years in the past and it will be at the centre of the universe.
Iow: no, you can't because the centre doesn't exist any longer as a location in 3d that you can point to.
In someway or another. Is it possible to consider that every place is the center of the universe ?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Now, consider that this empty space has some more layers to uncover before you could see the exact center-point.

Which is best possible way to look this center-point ? (Of course human physical eyes isn't capable going such deep)

I can find nothing in your question that makes sense. Why would you consider empty space to have more layers??

The expansion of the universe is 'into the future'. In other words, we regard spacetime as a four dimensional 'surface' (manifold). The three dimensional 'space' cross sections get larger as we proceed along the time axis.