• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"CA Mayor Removes Pledge of Allegiance from Meetings Because Trump is the Worst"

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands one nation under god, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

Words have power and this short pledge is filled with power. I am filled with honor each time I recite it.

First and foremost the pledge is all about the US Republic in whole, no organization, state or people is mentioned One nation
Indivisible, no more civil wars, it was written in 1892 where the civil war was still fresh in the minds of the people.
Liberty and Justice for all, even though it is still not true, it is the right goal for this nation.

We are not pledging loyalty to a King, President or any type of Head of state. We are not pledging loyalty to a state but are pledging loyalty to a republic defined as (a group with a certain equality between its members.) original definition. We are indivisible as a Republic. We believe in Liberty and Justice for all (all members of the republic)

The original pledge did not have God in it and can do without having God again, that is about the only thing I would change.
Never ceases to bemuse me thinking of Americans accusing other countries of brainwashing or indoctrinating their citizens.

If this exact thing were said by a North Korean about his nationalistic ceremonies, the average American would be apoplectic over such terrible state forced indoctrination.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Never ceases to bemuse me thinking of Americans accusing other countries of brainwashing or indoctrinating their citizens.

If this exact thing were said by a North Korean about his nationalistic ceremonies, the average American would be apoplectic over such terrible state forced indoctrination.
I haven't personally heard anyone here say the pledge in half a century.
While I'm sure that some people do, it's not a part of our lives.

Oh, you ferriners....thinking your stereotypes are accurate.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I'm not average.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I'm not average.
tenor.gif