• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bring Me Your Religions, Their Fruits, Perfumes, Their Juices, and Other Gossip (Detailed!)

Do you like to or feel obligated to share your thoughts and beliefs?

• I am not happy to have my religion questioned or replied back to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am atheist, I do believe things, that foxes exist, but I hate discussing! I'm on a forum!

• Religion in this thread means beliefs + practices of any sort. I am an atheist and happy to share!

• I'm a liar, I don't believe anything exists! I have no senses!

• Total voters
Hi. I'd love to know everything in systematic detail point for point from most important and crucial to least important, including also how you practice precisely step by step and what is required of you and why in order to at bare minimum qualify to be a member of your particular religion or philosophy or non-religion.

Make it a complete, easy to read, careful, entertaining, guide, so that one reading it has all the evidence, reasoning, knowledge to be able to do it and think right and defend the points precisely.

Give absolute and clear and honest reasoning, even if it is "when I think about it, its sort of "just because" and I have no really good reasoning for thinking this is the truth and the other things I don't follow are not the truth or else I'd follow them".

Be raw, be real, be honest.

I want to know all your belief systems from most important to least and why and what quotes what defenses of them or justifications why they are best right or good.

I want to know all your daily practices, and their pragmatic uses and how and when you do them throughout the hours of your day and every detail of how your day is structured and week and month including special holidays if any.

I want to know laws, taboos, restrictions, encouraged things.

I want to know the details about inner thoughts, sex life, marriage, children, realities, the nitty gritty truth!

I want to know about controversies, mental illness, drugs and medicines.

I want detailed descriptions of the model of God, Gods dimensions and shape and qualities conceptually or in bodily visceral reality and why you conclude such.

I want to know about miracles, miracle experiences, paranormal, demonic battles, dreams, thoughts, visions, prophecies you've had, omens, hallucinations, whatever.

I want to know affinities, your whole life story, the course of your life and how you arrived where you at, what you do, where you think you are headed and why.

I want denominations, leaders, influences, name names, quote verses.

I want secret desires mentioned, secret wishes, thoughts of flaws, how you would improve, issues you have or issues with your religion, things which give you pause.

I want it organized, I want books listed from most important guiding scripture to least and why.

I wouldn't mind (I know this is the hardest one) you to read this slowly and carefully and figure out how you differ and how much and in what ways?
Two Logics One Miracup(s) - Pastebin.com
ttps://pastebin.com/mL92xeJQ

I am calling upon absolutely anyone, please tell me about your inside experience and knowledge of your religion and religious organization or personal beliefs or affiliations or life as it is lived in detail.

If you're LDS, Teach me True Authentic No Snakey Lying Tricky Poselytizing but Raw Real Man-God born of parents True LDS Theology and realities.

If you're JW, detail everything, God's Image, make it as clear as possible through words, and what to do and where it leads and why and why you think so.

Atheist, tell me the whole tale.

Buddhist, get your denomination out here and give me the details, the day, month, year and citta in the life of!

Muslim, Jew, Zoroastrian, Bahai, Free Mason, Magician, Alchemist, Falun Gong WHATEVER!

You're all invited here to use this thread to blab to the absolute max in as organized a way as possible covering the essentials, fundamentals, most important points and truths all the way to the least, of each of your religions and beliefs and ways of life!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hi. I'd love to know everything in systematic detail point for point from most important and crucial to least important, including also how you practice precisely step by step and what is required of you and why in order to at bare minimum qualify to be a member of your particular religion or philosophy or non-religion.

Make it a complete, easy to read, careful, entertaining, guide, so that one reading it has all the evidence, reasoning, knowledge to be able to do it and think right and defend the points precisely.

Give absolute and clear and honest reasoning, even if it is "when I think about it, its sort of "just because" and I have no really good reasoning for thinking this is the truth and the other things I don't follow are not the truth or else I'd follow them".

I want to know all your belief systems from most important to least and why and what quotes what defenses of them or justifications why they are best right or good.

I want to know all your daily practices, and their pragmatic uses and how and when you do them throughout the hours of your day and every detail of how your day is structured and week and month including special holidays if any.

I want to know the details about inner thoughts, sex life, marriage, children, realities, the nitty gritty truth!

I want detailed descriptions of the model of God, Gods dimensions and shape and qualities conceptually or in bodily visceral reality and why you conclude such.

I want to know about miracles, miracle experiences, paranormal, demonic battles, dreams, thoughts, visions, prophecies you've had, omens, hallucinations, whatever.

I want to know affinities, your whole life story, the course of your life and how you arrived where you at, what you do, where you think you are headed and why.

I want secret desires mentioned, secret wishes, thoughts of flaws, how you would improve, issues you have or issues with your religion, things which give you pause.

I want it organized, I want books listed from most important guiding scripture to least and why.

I wouldn't mind (I know this is the hardest one) you to read this slowly and carefully and figure out how you differ and how much and in what ways?

I am calling upon absolutely anyone, please tell me about your inside experience and knowledge of your religion and religious organization or personal beliefs or affiliations or life as it is lived in detail.

If you're LDS, Teach me True Authentic No Snakey Lying Tricky Poselytizing but Raw Real Man-God born of parents True LDS Theology and realities.

If you're JW, detail everything, God's Image, make it as clear as possible through words, and what to do and where it leads and why and why you think so.

Buddhist, get your denomination out here and give me the details, the day, month, year and citta in the life of!

Muslim, Jew, Zoroastrian, Bahai, Free Mason, Magician, Alchemist, Falun Gong WHATEVER!

You're all invited here to use this thread to blab to the absolute max in as organized a way as possible covering the essentials, fundamentals, most important points and truths all the way to the least, of each of your religions and beliefs and ways of life!

Might I suggest the Anthropology section of your local research library? I am uncertain any one person from their singular faith could be reasonably expected to answer all of your questions in the detail it seems you are looking for. This is why we ask and survey thousands from religious tradtional as opposed to just one person.

Might I suggest the Anthropology section of your local research library? I am uncertain any one person from their singular faith could be reasonably expected to answer all of your questions in the detail it seems you are looking for. This is why we ask and survey thousands from religious tradtional as opposed to just one person.
I'll take whatever I can get. It is a good suggestion you make, the problem is they don't have books on the individuals. I mean, what I am interested in is each particular individual, not the general knowledge, but the particular for that individual, the "you" and "from you" expression. Your religion rather than "The Religion".

I made this thread at the request and/or suggestion of one Deeje, a Jehovah's Witness who I'd like to receive a complete explanation of their personal beliefs and practices in every detail, but not just them, every other individual Christian, Muslim, Jew, Polytheist, Atheist, Hindu, Sikh, whatever.

Whoever is living, has thoughts, has some practices, beliefs, spirituality, even if its negative or anti-spiritual or material based or whatever. I want to know everyones way of life and thoughts in detail, which the anthropology section can only provide generalized versions not direct versions from an individual I may be able to interact with.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

This is a joke, right? No one is going to that.

This is a joke, right? No one is going to that.

Haha, we'll see, but its funny either way!

Whoever does it, I will read it. These days many of us have more free time and someone examining themselves, their beliefs, their practices and actions based off of their beliefs, and organizing everything, maybe even explaining it in detail and more detail than they usually would give to themselves since they are explaining it to a "know nothing" outsider, this can lead to a lot of personal insight and even a refinement and skill gained, if anyone will do it, but maybe no one will do it, but who says it even has to be long? What if one finds they actually think and believe and do very little after all?

Maybe you won't give a shot!

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably impossible. To understand all the ins and outs of a religion or a religious sect, you have to live in it and for several years, and preferably attempt to become a scholar or a member if clergy of that religion, because those are usually the most learned. One or two or even a hundred posts won't cover it all, certainly not to the degree that you expect to be able to truly know that religion and to be able to defend it should the need present itself.

Probably impossible. To understand all the ins and outs of a religion or a religious sect, you have to live in it and for several years, and preferably attempt to become a scholar or a member if clergy of that religion, because those are usually the most learned. One or two or even a hundred posts won't cover it all, certainly not to the degree that you expect to be able to truly know that religion and to be able to defend it should the need present itself.

I'll take a poor and partial effort or limited result even. I set the bar high, but if people think honestly about it, they probably don't believe much or do much or hold those beliefs at the top of their mind as crucial, only a few things they recall and remember, and though their religions may seem vast, their personal practice is more than likely miniscule and not difficult to explain or encompass, just as the whole of the Bible is not on the mind of a person praying to God to pass their exam or something.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
result even. I set the bar high, but if people think honestly about it, they probably don't believe much or do much or hold those beliefs at the top of their mind as crucial, only a few things they recall and remember, and though their religions may seem vast, their personal practice is more than likely miniscule and not difficult to explain or encompass, just as the whole of the Bible is not on the mind of a person praying to God to pass their exam or something.
Well. Try being a religious Jew for 24 hours and then get back to me and tell me if most of the religious practice of Judaism is left in theory, or however you wish to define it.

Well. Try being a religious Jew for 24 hours and then get back to me and tell me if most of the religious practice of Judaism is left in theory, or however you wish to define it.

So what exactly would it require for one to pretend, without the historical ritual initiations, to imitate or mimic the 24 hours or really roughly 15 waking hours of a religious Jew, or religious You?

Most of the time is spent doing nothing religious, you could be me, I could be you, we're both just typing on this forum for example right now, we both use the restroom/toilet, we eat.

So what are the components I would need to be or pretend to be a religious Jew for a few hours alone in my apartment or home?

Can you describe it in detail? The essentials? Everything? Some things?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Most of the time is spent doing nothing religious, you could be me, I could be you, we're both just typing on this forum for example right now, we both use the restroom/toilet, we eat
See, that's where you're wrong, pal o' mine. In Judaism there are laws for everything: how to eat, how to sleep, how to put on your shoes, how to pray, how to go to the bathroom, how to shower, what to think, what to do once you've had thoughts that you're not supposed to think, etc, etc. Based on these various laws, there are even guidelines on how to act in any given situation - yes, even here on RF.

We may both eat, sleep and type on RF, but the manner we do those is quite different.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
See, that's where you're wrong, pal o' mine. In Judaism there are laws for everything: how to eat, how to sleep, how to put on your shoes, how to pray, how to go to the bathroom, how to shower, what to think, what to do once you've had thoughts that you're not supposed to think, etc, etc. Based on these various laws, there are even guidelines on how to act in any given situation - yes, even here on RF.

We may both eat, sleep and type on RF, but the manner we do those is quite different.
Ew!

(We don't have an <ew>)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You're trying to swallow all the Earth's oceans in one gulp. But since you asked, here's just a tiny taste: Meher Baba's Creation, Evolution, Reincarnation, Involution, and Realization chart:

creation.png

You're trying to swallow all the Earth's oceans in one gulp. But since you asked, here's just a tiny taste: Meher Baba's Creation, Evolution, Reincarnation, Involution, and Realization chart:

creation.png
That is so awesome! Also yes! You've identified my hidden invocation!

Enki - Wikipedia

Who will not be frightened by the illusion of vastness and be bold enough to even give a glass of water!

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure

And I know it's true that you can't marry outside of Judaism. I used to talked to a Jewish girl, and she said that if she dated outside of it that her father would tear his clothing, and perhaps disown her. Is that true?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This was in response to this post...
So your views are standard Jehovah's Witness type views? Do Jehovah's Witness members drink alcohol? How long have you been a member? How did you join? Do you find yourself overworked, not appreciated, stifled, with your ability to express your own interests not really supported? Do you have side interests and hobbies or like anything outside of the JW stuff which you have to sort of keep on the down low because you don't want the others to find out and gossip or correct you or take it away from you?

As you can see from the responses, it is really an impossible request in this OP, so I will answer the questions you asked on the other thread....
So your views are standard Jehovah's Witness type views?
My views are the same as all other Witnesses of Jehovah. As you understand, a "witness" gives testimony to a fact, so all witnesses must convey the same testimony from the same book about God with unity, or it isn't truth. The truth unites...it does not divide.

Do Jehovah's Witness members drink alcohol?
Yes we do. There is no prohibition on alcohol in the Bible. There is however a prohibition on drunkenness, so we enjoy a drink but not to become intoxicated and lose control of our sensibilities. There is nothing more pathetic than an unihibited drunk IMO.

How long have you been a member? How did you join?
I came out of Christendom in my late teens because I could not stand the hypocrisy and the sanctimonious way that the clergy conducted themselves. After searching in other faiths, nothing filled the spiritual hole that was in my heart.
Jehovah's Witnesses found me, and after a very careful study into their beliefs, all my previously unanswered questions were answered...and from the Bible.

You cannot "join" Jehovah's Witnesses...you have to choose to become one, which means a serious evaluation of your life and activities to see if they fit with what God requires of his worshippers. He has rules and unless we obey them, we have no chance of qualifying for the life he is offering. I have been a JW now for 48 years. My faith just continues to grow. The more I learn about God, the stronger my faith in him and his promises for the future, becomes.

Do you find yourself overworked, not appreciated, stifled, with your ability to express your own interests not really supported?
What an odd question. I have never felt any of those things as a JW. Unless my interests take me outside of what God approves, I have no need to feel stifled at all. When you enjoy what you do, nothing is "overwork"...it may be tiring but its enjoyable. The truth is something you embrace with all your heart....if you have reservations, then your heart is divided. A divided heart is a target for the devil.

Do you have side interests and hobbies or like anything outside of the JW stuff which you have to sort of keep on the down low because you don't want the others to find out and gossip or correct you or take it away from you?
Another odd question.
If one dedicates their life to God, nothing they do is unseen by him. If we believe that God is real, no human opinion of us will account as much as his. We live every day of our lives to please God....not others and not ourselves. If we put him first in all our decisions, he will put us in line for his future plans for planet earth.....its going to be amazing.

Our hobbies are many and varied but they do not clash with God's word or his requirements. If our thoughts align with God's thoughts, there will be nothing that we will be tempted to do, because to offend him is to lose his favor. We will never want him to be disappointed in us. That doesn't mean that we can be perfect....it just means that we acknowledge our faults and ask his help to fight them. The Bible is filled with good advice on how to do this.
We saw when the devil tempted Jesus that his immediate response was to quote scripture. Jesus lived by God's word....so should we. That is how we see things.

And I know it's true that you can't marry outside of Judaism. I used to talked to a Jewish girl, and she said that if she dated outside of it that her father would tear his clothing, and perhaps disown her. Is that true?

I want to talk to pretty religious girls from all the religions because I like girls to be chaste, conservative, and sort of naughty because they are talking to me and like me. I like also the idea that they might change their ways for their attraction to me.

These are the kind of real insights I like people to share, but most aren't brave enough to examine themselves and admit to the dark nuances they may find which are merely human and true.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I couldn't vote, because you only allowed those with a religion to have their say-so.

But, if there's anything you want to know about me, or why I don't have a religion, feel free to ask. I'm so bored I'll tell you things even I'm no longer interested in.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I want to talk to pretty religious girls from all the religions because I like girls to be chaste, conservative, and sort of naughty because they are talking to me and like me. I like also the idea that they might change their ways for their attraction to me.

These are the kind of real insights I like people to share, but most aren't brave enough to examine themselves and admit to the dark nuances they may find which are merely human and true.
I have been through something like this. I didn't view it as naughty. Anyways she called quits on the whole thing, and decided I am not for her. She just really wanted to know the other side of her strict life of devotion.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I will happily do that, but will not start on my own. Meaning, I am not a proselytizer and Hinduism is not in the business of proselytizing. I do not have a list to go by. Things would come, as and when, by themselves.

Complete belief: "Brahma satyam, jagan-mithyā, jeevo Brahmaiva na parah" (Brahman, the substrate, is the truth, all observed is an illusion; a living being is none other than Brahman)
Complete practice: ".. paropakāram punyāya, pāyāya parapeedanam" (Helping others is merit, causing pain to others is sin)

Last edited: