• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bring Me Your Religions, Their Fruits, Perfumes, Their Juices, and Other Gossip (Detailed!)

Do you like to or feel obligated to share your thoughts and beliefs?

• I am not happy to have my religion questioned or replied back to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am atheist, I do believe things, that foxes exist, but I hate discussing! I'm on a forum!

• Religion in this thread means beliefs + practices of any sort. I am an atheist and happy to share!

• I'm a liar, I don't believe anything exists! I have no senses!

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hi. I'd love to know everything in systematic detail point for point from most important and crucial to least important, including also how you practice precisely step by step and what is required of you and why in order to at bare minimum qualify to be a member of your particular religion or philosophy or non-religion.

Make it a complete, easy to read, careful, entertaining, guide, so that one reading it has all the evidence, reasoning, knowledge to be able to do it and think right and defend the points precisely.

Give absolute and clear and honest reasoning, even if it is "when I think about it, its sort of "just because" and I have no really good reasoning for thinking this is the truth and the other things I don't follow are not the truth or else I'd follow them".

Be raw, be real, be honest.

I want to know all your belief systems from most important to least and why and what quotes what defenses of them or justifications why they are best right or good.

I want to know all your daily practices, and their pragmatic uses and how and when you do them throughout the hours of your day and every detail of how your day is structured and week and month including special holidays if any.

I want to know laws, taboos, restrictions, encouraged things.

I want to know the details about inner thoughts, sex life, marriage, children, realities, the nitty gritty truth!

I want to know about controversies, mental illness, drugs and medicines.

I want detailed descriptions of the model of God, Gods dimensions and shape and qualities conceptually or in bodily visceral reality and why you conclude such.

I want to know about miracles, miracle experiences, paranormal, demonic battles, dreams, thoughts, visions, prophecies you've had, omens, hallucinations, whatever.

I want to know affinities, your whole life story, the course of your life and how you arrived where you at, what you do, where you think you are headed and why.

I want denominations, leaders, influences, name names, quote verses.

I want secret desires mentioned, secret wishes, thoughts of flaws, how you would improve, issues you have or issues with your religion, things which give you pause.

I want it organized, I want books listed from most important guiding scripture to least and why.

I wouldn't mind (I know this is the hardest one) you to read this slowly and carefully and figure out how you differ and how much and in what ways?
Two Logics One Miracup(s) - Pastebin.com
ttps://pastebin.com/mL92xeJQ

I am calling upon absolutely anyone, please tell me about your inside experience and knowledge of your religion and religious organization or personal beliefs or affiliations or life as it is lived in detail.

If you're LDS, Teach me True Authentic No Snakey Lying Tricky Poselytizing but Raw Real Man-God born of parents True LDS Theology and realities.

If you're JW, detail everything, God's Image, make it as clear as possible through words, and what to do and where it leads and why and why you think so.

Atheist, tell me the whole tale.

Buddhist, get your denomination out here and give me the details, the day, month, year and citta in the life of!

Muslim, Jew, Zoroastrian, Bahai, Free Mason, Magician, Alchemist, Falun Gong WHATEVER!

You're all invited here to use this thread to blab to the absolute max in as organized a way as possible covering the essentials, fundamentals, most important points and truths all the way to the least, of each of your religions and beliefs and ways of life!
you're a bit premature in the asking

all of this.....will be revealed
shortly after the last breath

Yeah, I am a staunch Hindu and a strong atheist, i.e., I refute even the possibility of existence of God, soul, heaven, hell, judgment, reincarnation. I am not a monotheist. My concept does not make Brahman into a God of any kind whatsoever. Hinduism and other Eastern religions are structurally different from Abrahamic religions. Hindus have atheistic beliefs in their scriptures, right from the time of Vedas:

"Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?"
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 10: HYMN CXXIX. Creation.

A lot of Hindus are Theistic though right? We believe in a core intelligence that encompasses everything and each of our supposed minds as well. Wouldn't it be safe to say most Hindus are Theistic? That their understanding of Vishnu or Shiva or Brahman or whatever is Theistic as a singular and all powerful intelligent consciousness?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Can you clarify and explain to me these differences or nuances? What parts of Catholicism do you not believe or which might disqualify you from being considered a Catholic? What are any daily practices you do or would do or home stuff and community or non-home stuff religiously and how often or what in a day and the days of a week?
Like I said, Transubstantiation is just a theological concept about how the Eucharist becomes the Body and Blood of Christ while maintaining the appearance of bread and wine. The other denominations that accept the Real Presence don't bother to try to rationalize it and just leave it as a sacred mystery.

I don't believe that the Pope necessarily is supposed to be king of the Christians on earth and a monarch. He's worthy of being listened to and taken into account but I don't believe any human is infallible. I don't accept their teachings on sex and gender such as their absolute ban on condoms and abortion or their harmful teachings about LGBT people. I think women should be allowed to be ordained in the clergy because I never bought their arguments against it, and I think clergy should be allowed to marry. (I think that vows of celibacy are fine for monks and nuns who have made the choice to live an ascetic life but shouldn't be forced on clergy.) I don't believe private confession to a priest is necessary or in their restrictions on taking Communion. But I accept dogmas like the Immaculate Conception, Purgatory, the Sacraments, liturgical worship, Mary's perpetual virginity, the Communion of Saints and veneration of them, practices like the Rosary and such. I also accept the Catholic canon of the Bible.

I don't have a practice at the moment besides just talking to God. I used to pray the Rosary, have holy cards and icons in my room and study the Bible pretty much daily. I'll likely work my way back to that.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
And I know it's true that you can't marry outside of Judaism. I used to talked to a Jewish girl, and she said that if she dated outside of it that her father would tear his clothing, and perhaps disown her. Is that true?
Yeah. Parent reactions vary, of course.
Tearing clothing is a sign of mourning in Judaism.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Thank you! So what are your thoughts and feelings about the other religions and reality of Satan or his activity and demons and evil men as agents and how real the contact may be?

IMO, one cannot be a true believer without the Bible, so all of my answers must of necessity come from that one source.
Since Adam and his wife espoused no "religion", it becomes clear to me that religion is the work of the devil. I believe that he has built an empire of false religion to take worship away from the true God, because all worship that does not go to God, goes to the devil by default. He is the only other god who wants to be worshipped.

What are your thoughts on each of the other varieties of religion? Would you ever look into them or is it discouraged heavily and are they considered evil, misguided, inferior?

As above. All worship that is not directed to the true God is going to the pretender....the fake god who wanted to be worshipped in the garden of Eden. He caters to all tastes and desires because he knows what makes humans tick. He was tempted in the beginning by his own desires (James 1:13-15) and he knows that if he can just get the thin edge of the wedge in, he will have leverage to separate people from God by pretending to be whatever god they want him to be.

Why does the Bible get considered the real deal or truth or best? Is it "just because"?

It's because God inspired his own instruction manual. He did not leave us in the dark down here once we were separated from him, through no fault on our part. He kept the lines of communication open and made the way out of the mess our forefather Adam got us into. I appreciate the fact that he gave us all an opportunity to be part of the problem, or part of the solution. The Bible tells us what the problem is, and how we can be part of God's solution to the abuse of free will. We can, by our faithful adherence to God and his teachings, tell the devil to "get lost".

What do you expect will be the fate of most people, including your mother?
I leave that in God's hands since we do not know the hearts of people like God does. All we can do is work on ourselves and try to do our best to help others be a part of the solution as well. Christianity was a "Pay it Forward" movement, long before the movie was thought of.

What should I do to not only be saved but even get a better position in this life and the afterlife for example? They believe in the ressurection, right?

The only way to live again if one dies is by resurrection. There is no spiritual part of man that survives death, so, all the dead require a resurrection, either to spirit life in heaven, requiring a spiritual resurrection...or a physical resurrection to life on earth where God put us in the first place. Only a small number are chosen for heaven and since God does the choosing, it has nothing to do with us. These will form the Kingdom of God which will see them in the roles of "kings and priests". Kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to perform their duties. Those who go to heaven are no longer the slaves of sinful flesh. (Revelation 20:6; Revelation 21:2-4)

OTOH I believe that in this "time of the end" we are in a judgment period where God is having "the good news of his kingdom preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations" before "the end" comes. (Matthew 24:14) Since Jesus likens this time to the days of Noah, where no one listened to Noah's message, consequently no one survived the end of that world except the ones who were obedient to God's instructions.

I believe that only those who obey God by following the teachings of his son will be among the "great crowd" of those who survive these end times. (Revelation 7:4, 9-10, 13-14)
Jesus is their judge, not me.

Like I said, Transubstantiation is just a theological concept about how the Eucharist becomes the Body and Blood of Christ while maintaining the appearance of bread and wine. The other denominations that accept the Real Presence don't bother to try to rationalize it and just leave it as a sacred mystery.

I don't believe that the Pope necessarily is supposed to be king of the Christians on earth and a monarch. He's worthy of being listened to and taken into account but I don't believe any human is infallible. I don't accept their teachings on sex and gender such as their absolute ban on condoms and abortion or their harmful teachings about LGBT people. I think women should be allowed to be ordained in the clergy because I never bought their arguments against it, and I think clergy should be allowed to marry. (I think that vows of celibacy are fine for monks and nuns who have made the choice to live an ascetic life but shouldn't be forced on clergy.) I don't believe private confession to a priest is necessary or in their restrictions on taking Communion. But I accept dogmas like the Immaculate Conception, Purgatory, the Sacraments, liturgical worship, Mary's perpetual virginity, the Communion of Saints and veneration of them, practices like the Rosary and such. I also accept the Catholic canon of the Bible.

I don't have a practice at the moment besides just talking to God. I used to pray the Rosary, have holy cards and icons in my room and study the Bible pretty much daily. I'll likely work my way back to that.

Thank you so much for that! So the cards were just set up in the room or did you do something in relation to them beyond noticing them ocassionally?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Thank you so much for that! So the cards were just set up in the room or did you do something in relation to them beyond noticing them ocassionally?
You're welcome.

I used to tape them to the wall by my bed. Of course, I used to have a crucifix nailed above my bed, too. I still have most of this stuff, but I keep it by my mom's ashes now since her faith was always a lot stronger than mine.

Sure, most Hindus are theists but are not monotheists. They believe in many Gods and Goddesses.

Are there also monotheistic Hindus? Those who like me believe that there is One manifesting as everything and consciously animating all? I've seen indications that there are many monotheistic Hindus and monotheistic statements throughout the various scriptures. There are monotheistic Saivites, Vaisnavites, and every variety, including those who focus on Brahman, the Trimurti as three aspects of One, all kinds of things. Indra and Mitra-Varuna aren't as popular as they used to be at all and their status has been greatly deprecated but they seem to have in some ways found their revival through Vishnu and Shiva and things like that. The scriptures, indicate that Shiva for example is bodiless, imageless, and pure, that the murti and images are not the true being. I read from the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Shatapatha Brahmana, as well as other writings like the Bṛhaddevatā - Wikipedia

The main thing is, I think maybe you haven't experienced direct things you perceive as miraculous so you don't believe in any magic or intelligence that you can communicate with? Have you ever tried? If so, what did you try or do and what happened?

What exactly do you practice as a strong atheist?

You're welcome.

I used to tape them to the wall by my bed. Of course, I used to have a crucifix nailed above my bed, too. I still have most of this stuff, but I keep it by my mom's ashes now since her faith was always a lot stronger than mine.

I forgot if you mentioned this or if I asked yet, but have you perceived or experienced anything you thought of as miraculous or paranormal at all?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I forgot if you mentioned this or if I asked yet, but have you perceived or experienced anything you thought of as miraculous or paranormal at all?
I've had many supernatural experiences, including what I view as angelic visitations and attacks from demons, but I hope you'll forgive me for not wishing to go into detail about those.

IMO, one cannot be a true believer without the Bible, so all of my answers must of necessity come from that one source.
Since Adam and his wife espoused no "religion", it becomes clear to me that religion is the work of the devil. I believe that he has built an empire of false religion to take worship away from the true God, because all worship that does not go to God, goes to the devil by default. He is the only other god who wants to be worshipped.

As above. All worship that is not directed to the true God is going to the pretender....the fake god who wanted to be worshipped in the garden of Eden. He caters to all tastes and desires because he knows what makes humans tick. He was tempted in the beginning by his own desires (James 1:13-15) and he knows that if he can just get the thin edge of the wedge in, he will have leverage to separate people from God by pretending to be whatever god they want him to be.

It's because God inspired his own instruction manual. He did not leave us in the dark down here once we were separated from him, through no fault on our part. He kept the lines of communication open and made the way out of the mess our forefather Adam got us into. I appreciate the fact that he gave us all an opportunity to be part of the problem, or part of the solution. The Bible tells us what the problem is, and how we can be part of God's solution to the abuse of free will. We can, by our faithful adherence to God and his teachings, tell the devil to "get lost".

I leave that in God's hands since we do not know the hearts of people like God does. All we can do is work on ourselves and try to do our best to help others be a part of the solution as well. Christianity was a "Pay it Forward" movement, long before the movie was thought of.

The only way to live again if one dies is by resurrection. There is no spiritual part of man that survives death, so, all the dead require a resurrection, either to spirit life in heaven, requiring a spiritual resurrection...or a physical resurrection to life on earth where God put us in the first place. Only a small number are chosen for heaven and since God does the choosing, it has nothing to do with us. These will form the Kingdom of God which will see them in the roles of "kings and priests". Kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to perform their duties. Those who go to heaven are no longer the slaves of sinful flesh. (Revelation 20:6; Revelation 21:2-4)

OTOH I believe that in this "time of the end" we are in a judgment period where God is having "the good news of his kingdom preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations" before "the end" comes. (Matthew 24:14) Since Jesus likens this time to the days of Noah, where no one listened to Noah's message, consequently no one survived the end of that world except the ones who were obedient to God's instructions.

I believe that only those who obey God by following the teachings of his son will be among the "great crowd" of those who survive these end times. (Revelation 7:4, 9-10, 13-14)
Jesus is their judge, not me.

Thank you for writing that all out, I always enjoy your writing and explanations!

So, why are you convinced the Bible is the guide and not the other scriptures? Like some of the other ancient writings are older, some seem clearer.

What is worship, how do you worship, how do you direct it to God instead of the Devil and what is it the Devil is receiving through worship, is it some kind of substance produced? How does one make sure it is to God? How can one be certain one scripture is from God and the others aren't and why was the message or the scripture only given to a small group rather than to all of mankind repeatedly?

What exactly is God? The LDS Mormon theology is that God is "Elohim" their literal Spiritual Father who with his wife Heavenly Mother produced spirit children which then inhabited spirit bodies. Jesus is another individual called "Jehovah" who also was a spirit child of God who inhabited the body of Jesus which ascended to the bodily God.

Do the JW believe in a God with a literal image, body, and form?

What are the main points of JW beliefs and their main points of contention with everyone else? Where do they usually end up differing?

I too don't believe in spirits or souls. What do the JW understand the spirits and demons in the Bible to be and do? What do they believe of angels, of Michael and Gabriel, of Cherubim, Seraphim, all the various creatures.

I've had many supernatural experiences, including what I view as angelic visitations and attacks from demons, but I hope you'll forgive me for not wishing to go into detail about those.

You can write to me about those in private in my messages or to my email at [email protected] whenever you might feel comfortable if ever since I would love to hear it all in detail and appreciate greatly. I have received testimonials of such experiences from people from around the world and I never doubt what people say they have gone through and many times they even show photographs and video and other things, and I too have had many amazing experiences so I'm not at all critical about it but study it in depth and with great care to learn about the various subtle signs, tendencies, events, symbols, names, demonic and angelic and spiritual things!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Are there also monotheistic Hindus? Those who like me believe that there is One manifesting as everything and consciously animating all?
Indra and Mitra-Varuna aren't as popular as they used to be at all and their status has been greatly deprecated but they seem to have in some ways found their revival through Vishnu and Shiva and things like that.
The scriptures, indicate that Shiva for example is bodiless, imageless, and pure, that the murti and images are not the true being. I read from the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Shatapatha Brahmana, as well as other writings like the Bṛhaddevatā - Wikipedia
The main thing is, I think maybe you haven't experienced direct things you perceive as miraculous so you don't believe in any magic or intelligence that you can communicate with?
What exactly do you practice as a strong atheist?
Yes, there are monotheist Hindus also, but that is considered very uncivil to deny other Gods. Brahman itself is considered by some as the sole God (though as I mentioned, that is not my concept). Yes, there are Shaivas, Vaishnavas and Shaktas (worshipers of the Mother Godess Durga). They too generally accept other Gods and Goddesses though they consider their chosen as the Supreme (Henotheism or Kathenotheism).

What you say about Mitra and Varuna is true, they are still around, but not the deities of the majority. Since the God/Gods/Goddesses are not bound by form, they can be visualized in any way, even by a 'linga' (symbol, wrongly seen as worship of the phallus). Hanuman is the monkey God but he can be visualized with five faces (of a boar/human/monkey/lion/horse).

proxy-image

Why should I mystify direct things as miraculous and then believe in imaginary magic or intelligences? As a strong atheist, I just have to fulfill my various duties to my family, society and my nation. Nothing more than that is required from me.

Yes, there are monotheist Hindus also, but that is considered very uncivil to deny other Gods. Brahman itself is considered by some as the sole God (though as I mentioned, that is not my concept). Yes, there are Shaivas, Vaishnavas and Shaktas (worshipers of the Mother Godess Durga). They too generally accept other Gods and Goddesses though they consider their chosen as the Supreme (Henotheism or Kathenotheism).

What you say about Mitra and Varuna is true, they are still around, but not the deities of the majority. Since the God/Gods/Goddesses are not bound by form, they can be visualized in any way, even by a 'linga' (symbol, wrongly seen as worship of the phallus). Hanuman is the monkey God but he can be visualized with five faces (of a boar/human/monkey/lion/horse).

proxy-image

Why should I mystify direct things as miraculous and then believe in imaginary magic or intelligences? As a strong atheist, I just have to fulfill my various duties to my family, society and my nation. Nothing more than that is required from me.

Its not mystifying per-say its just that sometimes a person might receive experiences they consider miraculous.

For example these stories (or when things in other languages I have no idea about are whispered to me and I look them up and it leads me to amazing things):
  1. Miracle Stories:
  2. I wonder if anything amazes me? I think I might get a feeling people would call "amazement" when I come to believe a statistical improbability which is also positive probably has occurred, like for example me talking about something then turning on the tv or being shown at random something saying the same thing or seeming to reference things I've just been on about which are very obscure but then I find them by chance even though the probability is incredibly low, even more when the probability is even lower.

3. Let me give you an example.

4. I spent 200 dollars on a project. A few minutes later I went out to get some money. As soon as I stepped out a speech started playing in my mind as if it was just going on on its own out of nowhere. It said, "I am the God of Luck, do you remember..." and then related to me numerous stories and examples about my father and me and other things, ocassionally also stopping me in certain locations where I looked up and saw a man looking like a frozen zombie naked in the window just staring out blankly like it was pretty freaky. Then I continued and it said how I look to the ground for the favors of the God while I am on the path and that this is a blessed quality and on and on.

5. I made it to the place where I was going to collect the money transmitted to me, one of those places where people can send money internationally between nations. The song then played and began to speak as I was waiting so that I was left listenig to only that song "I bless the rains down in Africa", Africa by Toto, which has regularly occurred when treasure is at hand or about to manifest.

6. Then I left, not really knowing the lyrics or what it had said until I read about it later on after what happened next.

7. So I stood around at a place considering if I should wait for someone who I told to meet me, and I stood for a certain amount of time thinking and deciding and saw people walk down from the path back home.

8. I decided I will head back and if they leave they will be approaching me and we will meet up at that point and walk back together.

9. The weird speeches had only been at the beginning of this short journey, then seemingly turned into the song which played which I only thought later, and then turned into decisions where I move or perform certain actions like deciding to head back home.

10. So I started back, and though there had been people on the straight path sidewalk through the neighborhood back home they had all dissappeared or cleared out. I walked and saw laying on the ground straight in the middle of the path before me 100 dollars. I picked it up. I moved a little and saw 100 dollars again. 200 dollars. I looked around and no one was around, sobI prostrated in the kowtow posture or sadjood or dogenza or whatever and thanked The Master who had told me about how I look to the ground and find things laid in the path by Lord Hermes the Lord of journeys, money, messages, symbols, communications, transmissions, etc, all the themes I dealt with. Then I looked around and saw a symbol which for me represents something special about myself, and picked it up, a fishnet shirt just my size which has a lot of themes already known to me and which I had been looking for also and was hard to find and in my especially large size perfectly.

11. Like a video game.

12. Then I walked the rest of the way back home and looked up the song lyrics I perceived as a direct communication from The Master.

13. Then it reminded me or inspired in my mind that "This is for your fasting, a gift from your Lord, so that everything you spend in the way of Allah is repaid to you in full and you are given more. I didn't lose a cent on my spiritual project purchase.

14. I looked up the lyrics and was floored, and even now I am brought to tears by such things. That was my experience of amazement, one of very many, and why I am also filled with proud arrogance towards other people who I consider fakes, charlatans, un-favored, with no real religion or God. They rarely comprehend or have direct and physical miraculous dealings with The Master. I am being told this story ir reminded of it because I am being forced and directed to journey out today and so miracles are very likely in store as I travel in the danger germ zone in search of gifts and bounty such as gloves to wash my bum with to be clean for my 24/7 spiritual religious practices.

15. Let me tell you another story or two or three.