• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bring Me Your Religions, Their Fruits, Perfumes, Their Juices, and Other Gossip (Detailed!)

Do you like to or feel obligated to share your thoughts and beliefs?

• I am not happy to have my religion questioned or replied back to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am atheist, I do believe things, that foxes exist, but I hate discussing! I'm on a forum!

• Religion in this thread means beliefs + practices of any sort. I am an atheist and happy to share!

• I'm a liar, I don't believe anything exists! I have no senses!

• Total voters
I couldn't vote, because you only allowed those with a religion to have their say-so.

But, if there's anything you want to know about me, or why I don't have a religion, feel free to ask. I'm so bored I'll tell you things even I'm no longer interested in.

Yes, go for it, blab everything, spill your whole thing, the real man out on display, the darkest thoughts, who are you and what do you do?
Also by "beliefs" I mean it in the very vaguest sense of the word, so everyone has beliefs. You and I both believe very strongly that the fox animal exists and is real even though I've never seen one live in person. We also have beliefs like if we put our hand in boiling hot water we will get injured. We have practices that follow on such beliefs, that we avoid putting our hands in boiling water because we don't like getting injured and believe it wouldn't be pleasurable or beneficial.

So everyone, according to my stupid definition of religion has a way of life made up of "Beliefs + Actions / Practices / Policies based off of those beliefs.

So how do you spend the roughly 15 waking hours of every day of your life? What is it you spend your time on? What is your way of life and religion?

One funny thing we may discover is that these religious people barely do anything and barely differ from you or I, in fact, you may end up being far more involved with thought and practices than them, they may be rather "dead" which is why they can't even try to begin to answer this simple question.

What is/are your personal belief(s)+practices daily, its so simple! I've asked many Christians and they really don't do anything much, they don't worship much or at all, they just talk, they don't even know the Bible very well quite often but insist they are sweat dripping devout Christians, but what do they have to show for it?
Plus its an obligatory thing for Christians, Muslims, and Buddhists at least to answer the call when someone asks to explain the beliefs and the truth and to justify it and answer and explain and show the way!

Yet Atheists are the ones that may end uo being particularly happy to do so and show clearly how life can be and is so similar to their do-nothing religions! (Trying to provoke them to answer).

I will happily do that, but will not start on my own. Meaning, I am not a proselytizer and Hinduism is not in the business of proselytizing. I do not have a list to go by. Things would come, as and when, by themselves.

I just want to know in as much detail as you can spare or muster, its much appreciated, and by all the details of how you live, believe, what you believe, how you practice each day, holidays, the whole of your system or personal religion, I can see what to adopt, how we are the same, where we differ, how much we differ.

Mostly I think all humans across the world spend their daily 15 hours mostly the same for the majority and also think most things the same and only differ very little!

I have been through something like this. I didn't view it as naughty. Anyways she called quits on the whole thing, and decided I am not for her. She just really wanted to know the other side of her strict life of devotion.
Well that is sad and annoying. I've encountered that with Jews as well. I never viewed it as naughty but there is maybe a little feeling there that is nice thinking a chaste girl might be humanly horny for me, likeca Catholic getting stimulated by discussions with me.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Well that is sad and annoying. I've encountered that with Jews as well. I never viewed it as naughty but there is maybe a little feeling there that is nice thinking a chaste girl might be humanly horny for me, likeca Catholic getting stimulated by discussions with me.
Catholics as a group aren't anymore chaste than any other group, sorry to burst your bubble. However, if you really like or love someone, you wouldn't pressure them to break their deeply held moral code.

I will happily do that, but will not start on my own. Meaning, I am not a proselytizer and Hinduism is not in the business of proselytizing. I do not have a list to go by. Things would come, as and when, by themselves.

Complete belief: "Brahma satyam, jagan-mithyā, jeevo Brahmaiva na parah" (Brahman, the substrate is the truth, all observed is an illusion; a living being is no different from Brahman)
Complete practice: ".. paropakāram punyāya, pāyāya parapeedanam" (Helping others is merit, causing pain to others is sin)

Well then, we believe the same so far!

Catholics as a group aren't anymore chaste than any other group, sorry to burst your bubble. However, if you really like or love someone, you wouldn't pressure them to break their deeply held moral code.

If I really love someone, then I don't want them to go to hell or be harmed, and if I think they wil be harmed or go to hell, I'll fight hard to save them if I can. Their deeply held moral code might be an issue.

Catholics are supposed to be chaste. I don't want to talk to a slutty hypocrite catholic, but a devout one, so I can take them away from their religion and also not be able to be with them but just have them sort of fantasize about me.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
If I really love someone, then I don't want them to go to hell or be harmed, and if I think they wil be harmed or go to hell, I'll fight hard to save them if I can. Their deeply held moral code might be an issue.

Catholics are supposed to be chaste. I don't want to talk to a slutty hypocrite catholic, but a devout one, so I can take them away from their religion and also not be able to be with them but just have them sort of fantasize about me.
Why would you want to take them from their religion? What you're proposing is cruel and selfish.

This was in response to this post...

As you can see from the responses, it is really an impossible request in this OP, so I will answer the questions you asked on the other thread....
So your views are standard Jehovah's Witness type views?
My views are the same as all other Witnesses of Jehovah. As you understand, a "witness" gives testimony to a fact, so all witnesses must convey the same testimony from the same book about God with unity, or it isn't truth. The truth unites...it does not divide.

Do Jehovah's Witness members drink alcohol?
Yes we do. There is no prohibition on alcohol in the Bible. There is however a prohibition on drunkenness, so we enjoy a drink but not to become intoxicated and lose control of our sensibilities. There is nothing more pathetic than an unihibited drunk IMO.

How long have you been a member? How did you join?
I came out of Christendom in my late teens because I could not stand the hypocrisy and the sanctimonious way that the clergy conducted themselves. After searching in other faiths, nothing filled the spiritual hole that was in my heart.
Jehovah's Witnesses found me, and after a very careful study into their beliefs, all my previously unanswered questions were answered...and from the Bible.

You cannot "join" Jehovah's Witnesses...you have to choose to become one, which means a serious evaluation of your life and activities to see if they fit with what God requires of his worshippers. He has rules and unless we obey them, we have no chance of qualifying for the life he is offering. I have been a JW now for 48 years. My faith just continues to grow. The more I learn about God, the stronger my faith in him and his promises for the future, becomes.

Do you find yourself overworked, not appreciated, stifled, with your ability to express your own interests not really supported?
What an odd question. I have never felt any of those things as a JW. Unless my interests take me outside of what God approves, I have no need to feel stifled at all. When you enjoy what you do, nothing is "overwork"...it may be tiring but its enjoyable. The truth is something you embrace with all your heart....if you have reservations, then your heart is divided. A divided heart is a target for the devil.

Do you have side interests and hobbies or like anything outside of the JW stuff which you have to sort of keep on the down low because you don't want the others to find out and gossip or correct you or take it away from you?
Another odd question.
If one dedicates their life to God, nothing they do is unseen by him. If we believe that God is real, no human opinion of us will account as much as his. We live every day of our lives to please God....not others and not ourselves. If we put him first in all our decisions, he will put us in line for his future plans for planet earth.....its going to be amazing.

Our hobbies are many and varied but they do not clash with God's word or his requirements. If our thoughts align with God's thoughts, there will be nothing that we will be tempted to do, because to offend him is to lose his favor. We will never want him to be disappointed in us. That doesn't mean that we can be perfect....it just means that we acknowledge our faults and ask his help to fight them. The Bible is filled with good advice on how to do this.
We saw when the devil tempted Jesus that his immediate response was to quote scripture. Jesus lived by God's word....so should we. That is how we see things.

Thank you so much! So do you do certain tasks like go out and proselytize or are you disabled and have a more lax requirement? I mean I hear that Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged or sort of possibly pressured to participate and do more and more to spread the organization's publications and interpretations.

What denomination of Christian were you a zillion years ago?

Why would you want to take them from their religion? What you're proposing is cruel and selfish.

I'd want to take them from their religion so they can be better aligned to me. If they are saying and believing things I think are "stupid" and "wrong" like lets say they believe drinking boiling scalding hot water is good, I'd want them to stop because I do actually care.

When I say "go ahead, do what you want" it really means I don't care whether you live or die, you're nothing to me.

If I say "oh please, how can I convince you" then I actually care, because I want you to be with me, to believe as I do, so that there isn't this discord or feeling you are on the wrong path and believing lies and saying and doing foolish or even destructive things.

Great questions! Lots to think about!
So what are your beliefs and practices?

Deeje has the most elucidating post so far! Try to tell me about your ways of life please! Why so timid? Who cares! Its no big deal! We're just little specks in a sea of billions upon billions of people! How do you practice your way of life!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Thank you so much! So do you do certain tasks like go out and proselytize or are you disabled and have a more lax requirement? I mean I hear that Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged or sort of possibly pressured to participate and do more and more to spread the organization's publications and interpretations.

I am a housebound carer for my 96 year old mother. Before that I was also a full time carer for my husband who died of a genetically inherited disease almost 6 years ago. I used to enjoy my house to house work, but circumstances got in the way. Other avenues opened up to me like Bible discussion forums.

Our preaching work is who we are.....witnesses, witness. Its what Jesus told us to do. (Matthew 28:19-20) Its what he said would have to be done right up until the end. (Matthew 24:14) I can't see anyone doing what we do, preaching the same message in every nation on earth.
I see missionaries sent oversees but very few churches go door to door with a message about God's Kingdom to their neighbors. (Acts 5:42; Acts 20:20) Yet it was not a suggestion that we do this work....it was a command.

What denomination of Christian were you a zillion years ago?

I was raised in the Anglican Church......after extensive study for two years I came to appreciate that Christendom's version of Christianity is nothing like what Jesus taught.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I'd want to take them from their religion so they can be better aligned to me. If they are saying and believing things I think are "stupid" and "wrong" like lets say they believe drinking boiling scalding hot water is good, I'd want them to stop because I do actually care.

When I say "go ahead, do what you want" it really means I don't care whether you live or die, you're nothing to me.

If I say "oh please, how can I convince you" then I actually care, because I want you to be with me, to believe as I do, so that there isn't this discord or feeling you are on the wrong path and believing lies and saying and doing foolish or even destructive things.

Great questions! Lots to think about!
So what are your beliefs and practices?
That is just bizarre. Drinking boiling water is certainly not taught in Catholicism.

As for me, my beliefs are in flux. I just talk to God. I will probably return to church when it reopens.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I just want to know in as much detail as you can spare or muster, its much appreciated, and by all the details of how you live, believe, what you believe, how you practice each day, holidays, the whole of your system or personal religion, I can see what to adopt, how we are the same, where we differ, how much we differ.
Why not go through the pages on Hinduism in Wikipedia. Individual Hindu beliefs vary greatly. In my case, I am a strong atheist (therefore, no worship).
Well then, we believe the same so far!
That is not really the same. This is monism while you declare yourself to be a monotheist. :)

That is just bizarre. Drinking boiling water is certainly not taught in Catholicism.

As for me, my beliefs are in flux. I just talk to God. I will probably return to church when it reopens.

What Church or denomination? Yes, I know Catholics don't drink boiling water, plus I grew up going to Catholic school and attending the mass ceremonies and all that, so the only things the kids told me was burning was the alcoholic wine they would sip. I refused to though.

Its important in Catholicism to believe in the literalness of the wafer and wine literally becoming Jesus' body and blood which you then ingest and it integrates or mingles with you so you take God inside of you and it fills you and starts to change you. I listened a few years ago to a catechism lecture emphasizing how its not meant to be taken as symbolic but must be believed as very real and literal and was talking about how some Catholics are mistakenly saying its symbolic.

Anyway, yeah, so if she, the sweet thang, believes in that rubbish, I'd feel that leaving her in ignorance is doing her a dis-service if I believe I know of something better than such beliefs.

Why not go through the pages on Hinduism in Wikipedia. Individual Hindu beliefs vary greatly. In my case, I am a strong atheist (therefore, no worship).That is not really the same. This is monism while you declare yourself to be a monotheist. :)

There is no such thing as a Monotheistic Monist?

Everything is a manifestation controlled and animated, generated moment by moment by an imageless power "Like Nothing". Because all that is experienced is Maya generated and controlled and eliminated and generated by One Power, Indra, Atman, Brahman, it is the same to consider it like the "Mind Body" of The Power, just like our mind controls our body, the Unseeable Mind is generating every detail of information and thus controlling everything and has no other reference so everything refers back to it. It generates the Maya via Vac, the command or Word or speech metaphorically which organizes and manifests the planned or organized.

God is One with Action and what is created but independent of it, meaning if all of it is wiped away The One that is Like Nothing continues to exist.

How can you be a "strong atheist" and a Hindu? Aren't we Monotheists? Aren't the scriptures Theistic? Monotheistic?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
What Church or denomination? Yes, I know Catholics don't drink boiling water, plus I grew up going to Catholic school and attending the mass ceremonies and all that, so the only things the kids told me was burning was the alcoholic wine they would sip. I refused to though.

Its important in Catholicism to believe in the literalness of the wafer and wine literally becoming Jesus' body and blood which you then ingest and it integrates or mingles with you so you take God inside of you and it fills you and starts to change you. I listened a few years ago to a catechism lecture emphasizing how its not meant to be taken as symbolic but must be believed as very real and literal and was talking about how some Catholics are mistakenly saying its symbolic.

Anyway, yeah, so if she, the sweet thang, believes in that rubbish, I'd feel that leaving her in ignorance is doing her a dis-service if I believe I know of something better than such beliefs.
I go to an Episcopal church. I'm an ex-Catholic but still believe in most of the Catholic theology, so I suppose I'm Anglo-Catholic.

Belief in the Real Presence is found in Catholicism, Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy, Anglicanism/Episcopalianism and mainline Protestantism (like Lutheranism and Methodism). I'm not sure why people think it's just a Catholic thing. Perhaps they're mixing up the belief in the Real Presence with the doctrine of Transubstantiation. Transubstantiation is a theological doctrine of how the Eucharist becomes the Body and Blood of Christ, but it's not the same as believing the Eucharist is the Body and Blood. I think it's probably like how people mistakenly believe the Immaculate Conception refers to Jesus.

I am a housebound carer for my 96 year old mother. Before that I was also a full time carer for my husband who died of a genetically inherited disease almost 6 years ago. I used to enjoy my house to house work, but circumstances got in the way. Other avenues opened up to me like Bible discussion forums.

Our preaching work is who we are.....witnesses, witness. Its what Jesus told us to do. (Matthew 28:19-20) Its what he said would have to be done right up until the end. (Matthew 24:14) I can't see anyone doing what we do, preaching the same message in every nation on earth.
I see missionaries sent oversees but very few churches go door to door with a message about God's Kingdom to their neighbors. (Acts 5:42; Acts 20:20) Yet it was not a suggestion that we do this work....it was a command.

I was raised in the Anglican Church......after extensive study for two years I came to appreciate that Christendom's version of Christianity is nothing like what Jesus taught.

Thank you! So what are your thoughts and feelings about the other religions and reality of Satan or his activity and demons and evil men as agents and how real the contact may be? What are your thoughts on each of the other varieties of religion? Would you ever look into them or is it discouraged heavily and are they considered evil, misguided, inferior? Why does the Bible get considered the real deal or truth or best? Is it "just because"? What do you expect will be the fate of most people, including your mother?

What should I do to not only be saved but even get a better position in this life and the afterlife for example? They believe in the ressurection, right?

I go to an Episcopal church. I'm an ex-Catholic but still believe in most of the Catholic theology, so I suppose I'm Anglo-Catholic.

Belief in the Real Presence is found in Catholicism, Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy, Anglicanism/Episcopalianism and mainline Protestantism (like Lutheranism and Methodism). I'm not sure why people think it's just a Catholic thing. Perhaps they're mixing up the belief in the Real Presence with the doctrine of Transubstantiation. Transubstantiation is a theological doctrine of how the Eucharist becomes the Body and Blood of Christ, but it's not the same as believing the Eucharist is the Body and Blood. I think it's probably like how people mistakenly believe the Immaculate Conception refers to Jesus.
Can you clarify and explain to me these differences or nuances? What parts of Catholicism do you not believe or which might disqualify you from being considered a Catholic? What are any daily practices you do or would do or home stuff and community or non-home stuff religiously and how often or what in a day and the days of a week?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How can you be a "strong atheist" and a Hindu? Aren't we Monotheists? Aren't the scriptures Theistic? Monotheistic?
Yeah, I am a staunch Hindu and a strong atheist, i.e., I refute even the possibility of existence of God, soul, heaven, hell, judgment, reincarnation. I am not a monotheist. My concept does not make Brahman into a God of any kind whatsoever. Hinduism and other Eastern religions are structurally different from Abrahamic religions. Hindus have atheistic beliefs in their scriptures, right from the time of Vedas:

"Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?"
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 10: HYMN CXXIX. Creation.