• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breast implants: For or against

Breast implant cosmetic surgery

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
Without pix, how can we be sure?
(Enquiring minds want to know!)
Yeah. We await . . . in 3-D no less.

3d-Audience-pic.jpg

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Physical altering surgery to enhance sexual appeal, can only be a shallow and superficial altering which will not last long in boosting self-esteem. That is what it usually is for anyway. To give a women or man more self-esteem in looking "perfect" usually modeled after the "perfect" people you see on tv and ads. In the end, it rips away the dignity that a person deserves, replacing their humanity with the view of nothing more then a sexual object or "toy"

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
But at the end of the day, I think women who get breast implants actual harm other women – although I know their intentions are not focused on this. And at the end of the day, I have personally always thought that women who accept the way they are – such as a small breasted women who still goes out to the beach or local swimming pool in a swimsuit – are strong and independent women and I find strong women more attractive – any day – than women who jump on a bandwagon of breast implants.
I do not think women hurt each other over breast implants. Instead the women who feel insecure because of the size is instead the victim of society, who value shallow and superficial beauty. Which is exactly what society has come to. And therefore to look more like the "perfect" women in ads and tv are the victims

How many women starve themselves because they feel bad, since they do not look as great as others? Atleast that is what they think.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Anne:
In all seriousness, as much as think the sexual objectification of women is a bad societal and person thing (which really does create real harm), I have often wondered if men were more sexually objectified what would happen. “Wieners” could be a restaurant chain with men in Speedo’s and then these men can see what it would be like.

However, although I think this would be hilarious, and think men can see what it is like to see other men naked on the movie screens (and I’m 100% heterosexual) – in all honesty, I think the end result would be negative. Men can’t handle this sort of stuff and would be mortally wounded. And as soon as penis augmentation surgery would become safe, they would be lined up for blocks! It would really cause harm because men do not, generally speaking, have the inner strength of women (although as more and more women get breast implants I am seriously wondering how many women have inner strength also). So, although it’s a fun thought, I do not think it would do any good.

I think the better idea is for both men and women to be more modest in their dress or go the European model of more general nudity (such as nude beaches). However, from a Christian perceptive, dressing more modestly is the better choice in my mind. Revealing clothes, such a bikini tops and speedo’s, does cause more sexual interest. Although I have to admit it would be hilarious to see how men reacted to a “wieners” restaurant chain, it would be a poor choice.

If you find out, let me know what the movie was called. I have heard Sarah marshal caused quite a ruckis.
lol you talk as if us men are free from pressure to be good looking like male models in Abercrombie & Fitch ads.

Nor talk about whos penis is the biggest. Ever went to high school? lol

Me Myself

Back to my username
it is impossible to separate women’s choices in this matter from cultural influence

True. So should we stop making choices because we can´t separate them from cultural influence?

Oh yeah, I am talking everybody. everyone is influenced by society. To take away someone´s choice because maybe she may take it cause of peer pressure it´s silly imo.

I am more of a "nice backsit" kind of guy when it comes to physical beauty, but if the girl want´s to, then that´s her choice.

trdash

Gee, I just came back to this website after a absent of a month or so and was surprised to see this thread still going!!! Although not scientific by a long shot, I am also glad only 12 people are for it!!!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Gee, I just came back to this website after a absent of a month or so and was surprised to see this thread still going!!! Although not scientific by a long shot, I am also glad only 12 people are for it!!!

I wouldn't put much stock in the poll. It was poorly worded. I wouldn't say I'm for breast implants or against them. I also wouldn't say I'm unsure. I support women's choice to get them if that's what makes them happy. I prefer natural boobs, though.

trdash

I wouldn't put much stock in the poll. It was poorly worded. I wouldn't say I'm for breast implants or against them. I also wouldn't say I'm unsure. I support women's choice to get them if that's what makes them happy. I prefer natural boobs, though.

Of course its not a scientific poll. It was just a joke