• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breast implants: For or against

Breast implant cosmetic surgery

• Total voters

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am definitely against them; my man-boobs are already far too big for my liking!

jeanie

I saw a sturdy that said women with breast implants are more likely to commit suicide. It's usually an escape for women with low self esteem to hide deeper internal conflicts.

I am opposed to it on the grounds that the human body should be kept in a natural state as much as possible. On the other hand, there are plenty of people who are simply growing bigger breasts because of their diet. Asian women--long assumed to have smaller busts--are getting bigger.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I am opposed to it on the grounds that the human body should be kept in a natural state as much as possible.
Many people are born with abnormalities/deformities---their natural state---that can be easily corrected. Should these be retained in their natural state? Are misshapen noses and ears more amenable to correction than tiny boobs? Where do you draw the line? How do you evaluate a person's emotional anxiety or distress caused by what they perceive as a physical short coming or handicap?

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Many people are born with abnormalities/deformities---their natural state---that can be easily corrected. Should these be retained in their natural state? Are misshapen noses and ears more amenable to correction than tiny boobs? Where do you draw the line? How do you evaluate a person's emotional anxiety or distress caused by what they perceive as a physical short coming or handicap?

Natural is always better. No breast implants, no plastic surgery, no gender reassignment surgery, no cardiac pacemakers, no CSF shunts, nothing.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I have no problem with cosmetic surgery of any kind unless it's done to an extreme. My daughter's breasts were just fine, but her boyfriend thought they should be larger. Well, her boyfriend is now her ex-husband and her breasts are disproportionately large.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Natural is always better. No breast implants, no plastic surgery, no gender reassignment surgery, no cardiac pacemakers, no CSF shunts, nothing.
Ah yes, the 18th century was the time to be on Earth. GOOD GRIEF! was that another rat in the bed?

Revoltingest said:
Especially with big perky hooters.
"Perky" being the operative word here.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Ah yes, the 18th century was the time to be on Earth. GOOD GRIEF! was that another rat in the bed?

"Perky" being the operative word here.

There are many properties of boobs other than size that tend to get overlooked. Droop, firmness, and areola radius are all vital.

ConfusedKuri

I'm not sure, I heard they didn't feel as nice as natural breasts, but after childbirth and breast-feeding natural breasts become saggy anyways and I wouldn't want that o_O, however there's a lot of danger involved as well if the surgeon messes up.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure, I heard they didn't feel as nice as natural breasts, but after childbirth and breast-feeding natural breasts become saggy anyways and I wouldn't want that o_O, however there's a lot of danger involved as well if the surgeon messes up.

Mine didn't. If anything, they're nicer now.

Yeah, even after six mine don't sag at all. :)