• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The deception of the previous Remainer government has forced the country into spending more than it need have done if the elites had carried out the will of the people from the start.

The irony is that we could have left by now if the previous government had compromised with those wanting closer ties with the EU, rather than the Brexit extremists in the Tory party. The same compromise is still available but Boris "the liar" (source) Johnson is one of the extremists.

The "will of the people", on one day in 2016, based on a campaign that painted a picture that is nothing like what the government is now doing, was just to leave the EU - many leavers, for example, were suggesting remaining the the single market.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The irony is that we could have left by now if the previous government had compromised with those wanting closer ties with the EU, rather than the Brexit extremists in the Tory party. The same compromise is still available but Boris "the liar" (source) Johnson is one of the extremists.

The "will of the people", on one day in 2016, based on a campaign that painted a picture that is nothing like what the government is now doing, was just to leave the EU - many leavers, for example, were suggesting remaining the the single market.

I notice that the comments are disabled for your video.

That should tell you something.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And the pound drops to a new low yet again breaking all records for failure of the British currency.

Go Boris go... When you became PM it slumped to 1.124 against the Euro, bad, yes but it continues and now a pound will buy you only 1.065 Euros.

Altfish

Veteran Member
And the pound drops to a new low yet again breaking all records for failure of the British currency.

Go Boris go... When you became PM it slumped to 1.124 against the Euro, bad, yes but it continues and now a pound will buy you only 1.065 Euros.
But ... it's not the Brexiteer's fault, it is the EU and Soros' fault. They won't give us what we want. We wanted unicorns and fields of gold; we get a probably recession, low pound, increasing national debt, trouble in NI flaring up again; big pushes for independence by Scotland, Wales and NI and more lies and blaming other people. But we get our sovereignty back

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But ... it's not the Brexiteer's fault, it is the EU and Soros' fault. They won't give us what we want. We wanted unicorns and fields of gold; we get a probably recession, low pound, increasing national debt, trouble in NI flaring up again; big pushes for independence by Scotland, Wales and NI and more lies and blaming other people. But we get our sovereignty back

Ok NAN, thanks for telling me that, when did you change your screenname? ;-)

Altfish

Veteran Member
Boris' Government are in full general election mode; after Damian Hinds let slip an e-mail headed "GE2019 Team"

Altfish

Veteran Member
More quiz questions...

Who said, "If we leave without a deal there will be significant costs to our economy and in particular to farming and food production" - clue he is a cabinet minister and at the fore front of the Leave campaign.

Who said, "The shock to our economy of a no deal is not something any of us want to contemplate" - clue, it is our Justice Secretary

Who said, "There are real questions about how we will be able to guarantee access to fresh food and medicine", clue he is a cabinet minister related to our PM.

Who said, "We cannot guarantee that people will not die as a result of a No Deal Brexit", clue he is now our Health Secretary

I could go on, but you get the idea that the country is being led by hypocrites.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Oh, but I forgot this gem,,,,

Who said, "I don't think the UK should leave the EU, it would be a disaster for our economy and it would lead to a decade of economic and political uncertainty" - she is secretary of state for business.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The ball is firmly in the EU’s court.

No wonder Boris isn’t bothered.
No it isn't. Don't you remember "The EU will be bending over backwards to do deals", "It'll be the easiest deal ever" - said the leavers BEFORE the Referendum.
Now reality is sinking in; it is blame everyone else but the liars of the Leave campaign.

Notanumber

A Free Man
No it isn't. Don't you remember "The EU will be bending over backwards to do deals", "It'll be the easiest deal ever" - said the leavers BEFORE the Referendum.
Now reality is sinking in; it is blame everyone else but the liars of the Leave campaign.

Actions speak louder than words and Boris is the UK’s action man.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Was Mr Johnson involved with the advertising offering lots of money to the NHS if Brexit passed?
I honestly don't know.
Tom

Notanumber

A Free Man
Indeed, just look at The Garden Bridge in London, oh and the water cannon he purchased.

I could never support a political party that was being run by Jo Swinson, Corbyn or whoever is leading the Greens.

Boris is running rings round the lot of them!

Altfish

Veteran Member
I could never support a political party that was being run by Jo Swinson, Corbyn or whoever is leading the Greens.

Of course you couldn't they are not Alt-right parties.

I notice that once again you changed the subject from Boris being a 'doer' when I rebuffed you with a couple of example.