• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Geoffrey Cox is the man who persecuted Tommy Robinson on trumped up charges and achieved the distinction of creating a political prisoner in England.

Don't be silly. Stephen Yaxley-Lennon ("Tommy Robinson") was convicted in a court of law because he broke the law. He got what he richly deserved - it wasn't even his first offence (source).

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I wonder what would have happened if a female politician had grabbed a male protestor violently.
Hopefully, she would be smart and sane enough not to promise both to avoid and to materialize a No Deal Brexit and a border in Ireland.

Boris Johnson fails at that, but then again he is not someone to let the truth stop his speech under the best of circunstances.

Altfish

Veteran Member
A quiz for you lucky people...

Who in December 2011 said this...

"We're not just a fully paid-up member of the EU, which we will remain whether, whether or not we are in the fiscal union or 'FU' as it's called or whether, or whether, or whether we are relegated to the second tier of the fiscal union, or 'FU' 2 as it's called.
We're not only, we're not only, we're not only, we are, we will remain a paid up, a paid up and valued, participating member of the single market that is, that is, under no circumstances in my view will a British government adjust that position"

Altfish

Veteran Member
And now the answer ...

8DqucW5S5T2Rsi3a

Altfish

Veteran Member
I don't remember this being said before the referendum...

"£4bn has been allocated to the process of leaving the EU already. We will do whatever it takes to make sure we can leave the EU. "

Dominic Raab today - perhaps it was on the side of a bus?

Notanumber

A Free Man
I don't remember this being said before the referendum...

"£4bn has been allocated to the process of leaving the EU already. We will do whatever it takes to make sure we can leave the EU. "

Dominic Raab today - perhaps it was on the side of a bus?

And your point is?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Would you buy or sell your house by telling the other party that you will not walk away no matter what they offer you?

Threatening the EU with no deal is a bit like pointing a gun at our own head and saying "if you don't give us what we want, we'll shoot and you might get blood on your shirt!"

(Not original but I'm not sure where I heard it)

Oh and is this insane, self-destructive policy worth £6bn (and rising) - plus the cost of an actual no deal, which would make that look like peanuts, if the EU don't fall for it?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Threatening the EU with no deal is a bit like pointing a gun at our own head and saying "if you don't give us what we want, we'll shoot and you might get blood on your shirt!"

(Not original but I'm not sure where I heard it)

Oh and is this insane, self-destructive policy worth £6bn (and rising) - plus the cost of an actual no deal, which would make that look like peanuts, if the EU don't fall for it?

Democracy is worth the world.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Would you buy or sell your house by telling the other party that you will not walk away no matter what they offer you?
But I knew that in 2016; the Remainers were saying this is what would happen. Leavers were using the "Project Fear" mantra; it is now coming to pass. The Remainers, as usual, are proving to be correct.