• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Altfish

Veteran Member
FMcf7uIWYAgMv08

exchemist

Veteran Member
Johnson, the lying, reckless, selfish, lazy, philandering, bull****ting racist is losing his grip on his job. (First) Vote takes places this evening.

- Boris Johnson latest: Vote of confidence to happen today - BBC News
Hmm. But he may well win it, in which case he will be safe from challenge for 12 months. He may be weakened, though, if his majority is not considerable.

The problem is the lack of wide support in the party for any alternative leader. The speed of the vote allows no time for candidates to drum up support.

I’d love to see him forced out, but I fear the greased piglet will wriggle free, yet again.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hmm. But he may well win it, in which case he will be safe from challenge for 12 months. He may be weakened, though, if his majority is not considerable.

The problem is the lack of wide support in the party for any alternative leader. The speed of the vote allows no time for candidates to drum up support.

I’d love to see him forced out, but I fear the greased piglet will wriggle free, yet again.
I reckon he'll win the first round and he clearly won't resign but he'll be gone in a few weeks max one way or another. Enough tory MPs will be considering their own job prospects come the next GE..:)

exchemist

Veteran Member
I reckon he'll win the first round and he clearly won't resign but he'll be gone in a few weeks max one way or another. Enough tory MPs will be considering their own job prospects come the next GE..:)
Eh? If he wins the vote of no confidence there won’t be any “rounds”. If he wins today there is no leadership contest.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Eh? If he wins the vote of no confidence there won’t be any “rounds”. If he wins today there is no leadership contest.
My mistake. Back tracking furiously I suppose what I really meant was if he wins but not resoundingly I think his days are numbered.

exchemist

Veteran Member
My mistake. Back tracking furiously I suppose what I really meant was if he wins but not resoundingly I think his days are numbered.
Yes it could leave him struggling on as a lame duck for 12 months, saddling the Tory party with the dilemma of whether or not to have another go at excreting him with only a year to go before the next general election.

exchemist

Veteran Member
41% voted agin him. A good kick in the knackers.
Yes, that’s more than I expected - and by the sound of it more than his team expected, too. He’s definitely damaged by this. I suspect we will now get the rivals starting to campaign to replace him. His authority in the party, such as it was, will largely have gone. He will be going cap in hand for support. But technically nobody can force him out for 12 months. The party may regret not being decisive now when they had the chance.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Yes, that’s more than I expected - and by the sound of it more than his team expected, too. He’s definitely damaged by this. I suspect we will now get the rivals starting to campaign to replace him. His authority in the party, such as it was, will largely have gone. He will be going cap in hand for support. But technically nobody can force him out for 12 months. The party may regret not being decisive now when they had the chance.
Let's hope so. :)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

No, they can change the rules.