• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Altfish

Veteran Member
Another quote, or should I say lie, from a prominent Brexiteer on 3rd March 2016..

"It's irresponsible to scare EU nationals in the UK by hinting that their status might change after Brexit. No one's suggesting such a thing."
Daniel Hannan

They called it Project Fear, once again it has turned out to be Project Reality

Altfish

Veteran Member
"Boris Johnson says that a No Deal Brexit is a “million to one” possibility. And yet he’s set up a special cabinet committee, meeting daily, to prepare for No Deal which Michael Gove says is now the Government’s “No 1 priority”...so to summarise, the Government’s No. 1 priority is a million to one possibility."
Courtesy of Hilary Benn
The odds are shortening...
On Sunday, he told the BBC the chances of securing a new Brexit deal were "touch and go", having previously said the odds of no deal were "a million to one".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Notanumber

A Free Man
There are no adverts on the BBC, it is bliss.

It used to be bliss in the good old days, but there is not much worth watching on the biased BBC these days.

They should scrap the compulsory licence and raise their revenue on an equal footing with the commercial channels.

Then they would have to pull their socks up and get rid of some of the fat cats.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It used to be bliss in the good old days, but there is not much worth watching on the biased BBC these days.

They should scrap the compulsory licence and raise their revenue on an equal footing with the commercial channels.

Then they would have to pull their socks up and get rid of some of the fat cats.
In other words get the Fat Cats, like Murdoch to run our TV - no thanks.

Altfish

Veteran Member
At least we would not be forced into funding a government propaganda machine.
Yes, they are so pro-Brexit at the moment, I'm beginning to doubt the BBC. QT has become a no-go area for the likes of Carole Cadwalladr and yet the pro-Brexiteers are on every week spouting their lies.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Yes, they are so pro-Brexit at the moment, I'm beginning to doubt the BBC. QT has become a no-go area for the likes of Carole Cadwalladr and yet the pro-Brexiteers are on every week spouting their lies.

I can see that you are not quite on board yet but you are coming round to my way of thinking.

It seems that scrapping the licence would now suit you after all.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I can see that you are not quite on board yet but you are coming round to my way of thinking.

It seems that scrapping the licence would now suit you after all.
No, idenpendence of advertisers is critical; like the NHS the BBC is the envy of every other country.
Imagine 6:00 Fox News:eek: