• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birtherism 2.0: The Totally-Not-Racist Party Strikes Again

Those employing it so often accuse others of it.
You admit Trump is racist. But you say Biden is also racist, partly because he wanted a highly qualified, under-represented minority to be his running mate.

I note you did not engage with my rebuttal to your specific points, nor did you engage with the specific points I raised.

I rest my case.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You admit Trump is racist. But you say Biden is also racist, partly because he wanted a highly qualified, under-represented minority to be his running mate.

I note you did not engage with my rebuttal to your specific points, nor did you engage with the specific points I raised.

I rest my case.
As I've said, I don't like your game of applying labels.
It puts people into boxes of saint or sinner, & dispenses
with complexities.
For you, calling Trump a "racist" is important.
I prefer positions on public policy in deciding upon my vote.
It's a rather irreconcilable difference in our perspectives.
Your evaluations are important to you for the reasons you have.
They won't change, so I've no interest in rebuttals.

ecco

Veteran Member

Track the story to its source. Don't expect Snopes to be unbiased.

"My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town)"

KAMALA HARRIS’ JAMAICAN HERITAGE
KAMALA HARRIS’ JAMAICAN HERITAGE - UPDATED - 14.01.2019 - Jamaica Global Online

83 comments...
"Obummer February 23, 2019 at 4:09 pm
So Kamala Harris is the descendant of slave owners? She’s done."

And there's information in those comments about Kamala herself.
What's your point? Do you have one?

ETA: What is your ancestral heritage, if you care to specify?

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
But the real issue is... why did they pick sadoldBiden and anchorbabyHarris? Unless Pelosi's their real goal... and she's too arrogant/abrasive to ever get elected president, straight-up.

Huh?!?

Are you asserting that the Deep State want Pelosi as President and to achieve this they:
  • Nominate an old man
  • Set up a VP who is unqualified to be President.
  • Wait for B-H to be elected
  • Kill off Biden
  • Disqualify Harris
  • Install Pelosi
I do believe it would have been easier for A Real Deep State to have offed Trump and Pence simultaneously last year.

As I've said, I don't like your game of applying labels.
It puts people into boxes of saint or sinner, & dispenses
with complexities.
For you, calling Trump a "racist" is important.
I prefer positions on public policy in deciding upon my vote.
It's a rather irreconcilable difference in our perspectives.
Your evaluations are important to you for the reasons you have.
They won't change, so I've no interest in rebuttals.
Correct, I think it is important to acknowledge the President of the United States is racist. I think it leads to policies like the one that unnecessarily separated thousands of innocent children from their parents, which the entire country had to force Trump to reverse. I think it leads to him directing violent state suppression of First Amendment rights like we saw at Lafayette Square. I think it exacerbates hundreds of protests against police brutality and encourages violence on both sides instead of encouraging healing and solutions. It leads to him hanging on to people like Stephen Miller as a top advisor with a lot of influence, even though Stephen Miller is a demonstrated racist, even though Trump has fired many other advisors. It leads to Trump looking the other way at violent white nationalists but eager to escalate things by using federal troops against Americans and unmarked federal agents scooping up Americans on the streets of Portland, until he was stopped. His own General Mattis stopped short of calling Trump racist, but agrees with the chain of causation wherein the division he sows makes Trump a danger to our Constitution.

Maybe you think I call people racist for fun. I assure you I do not. I feel Trump's racism has dangerous consequences and as an American - and perhaps especially, as a white man - I have a moral obligation to call him out and condemn it.

If you think it is a game and don't like it, then don't play. I said Trump is racist. You replied "so is Biden". That response was absurd, so now you want to take your ball and go home. Which is probably a good decision.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Correct, I think it is important to acknowledge the President of the United States is racist. I think it leads to policies like the one that unnecessarily separated thousands of innocent children from their parents, which the entire country had to force Trump to reverse. I think it leads to him directing violent state suppression of First Amendment rights like we saw at Lafayette Square. I think it exacerbates hundreds of protests against police brutality and encourages violence on both sides instead of encouraging healing and solutions. It leads to him hanging on to people like Stephen Miller as a top advisor with a lot of influence, even though Stephen Miller is a demonstrated racist, even though Trump has fired many other advisors. It leads to Trump looking the other way at violent white nationalists but eager to escalate things by using federal troops against Americans and unmarked federal agents scooping up Americans on the streets of Portland, until he was stopped. His own General Mattis stopped short of calling Trump racist, but agrees with the chain of causation wherein the division he sows makes Trump a danger to our Constitution.

Maybe you think I call people racist for fun. I assure you I do not. I feel Trump's racism has dangerous consequences and as an American - and perhaps especially, as a white man - I have a moral obligation to call him out and condemn it.

If you think it is a game and don't like it, then don't play. I said Trump is racist. You replied "so is Biden". That response was absurd, so now you want to take your ball and go home. Which is probably a good decision.
That's important to you.
I'll replace "game" with "perspective".
But I still don't share yours.