• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden orders airstrikes on Iranian backed militias in Syria.

Regiomontanus

Retired astronomer, Russian Orthodox
What Trump didn't do, Biden did.

U.S. carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria: Pentagon

I'm actually impressed. Iran is a very dangerous country and the airstrikes serves a very strong message here.

What do you think of the situation and Biden's actions?

We are seeing the downside to electing a centrist like Biden. But I expected it and know that my vote will always be for the lesser of two evils.

We should have withdrawn all of our troops from that part of the world years ago and I do applaud Trump's inclination to go in that direction. That was the only good thing about his Presidency, in my opinion.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

U.S. carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria: Pentagon

I'm actually impressed. Iran is a very dangerous country and the airstrikes serves a very strong message here.

I'm surprised. I'm guessing some of these people were too:

This was reported before the inauguration:

Homepage | The Washington Institute.
"Inside Iraq, the key Iranian-backed militia, Kataib Hezbollah, has warned against revenge attacks until Trump is gone, and even Mohammed al-Hashemi, an Iraqi government envoy sent to Iran, was quoted in Lebanon’s Al-Akhbar newspaper as beseeching Tehran to maintain calm “until the Biden administration takes over the presidency from Trump"

Why an Iran Attack Could Be Biden’s “Hour One” Crisis

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump did launch missile attacks. He did provoke Iran into retaliation.
I don't like this, but Trump was not innocent. Innocent people died because of his strike of Iran.
Maybe all along it was the right decision then and is a right decision now. Trump ordered a strike against an Iranian general that murdered a lot of people in Iraq. Biden ordered strikes against an Iranian backed militia in Syria.

The intelligence seems bipartisan givin the strikes ordered by Biden. I can only guess the reasons are still classified.

Something is up with Iran necessitating and making these strikes necessary.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Didn't Trump bombed Syrian airfield in response to gas attacks and bombings against hospitals and civilians by the Assad Regime?
That was true but this is against the Iranian regime this time. Not Syria specifically in light the militias are Iranian backed elements.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Biden has blood on his hands. He is reprehensible.
Did you attack Trump for the blood on his hands and call him reprehensible on a thread? If not, then your comment is partisan propaganda and I'll treat it as such.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We are seeing the downside to electing a centrist like Biden. But I expected it and know that my vote will always be for the lesser of two evils.

We should have withdrawn all of our troops from that part of the world years ago and I do applaud Trump's inclination to go in that direction. That was the only good thing about his Presidency, in my opinion.
The issue with that, the last major withdrawn cleared the way for ISIS. Unfortunately, it seems Uncle Sam is too deep in that mess to just pack up and go without very dire consequences for the region. And with Pakistan being a nuclear power and Iran becoming one, the next ISIS could have utterly dire consequences beyond the immediate region. If it appears such extremists may acquire the bomb, fast and highly urgent responses will be necessary. I don't have any solutions, but the world watched in horror at what happened the last time a major withdrawal happened.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Your irrational hatred of Trump doesn’t excuse Biden. Sorry you want to be an apologist for the blood on Biden’s hands.

Killing foreign nationals whose government opposes American intervention in their affairs seems to be part of the us presidential job description. Your excusing trump for his bloody hands in the name of "my hero can do no wrong" is really quite sad

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member

Biden needs to show that, while he is open to engagement, he won't be pushed around, is not indecisive, is not afraid to use force and that such force as he does use will be, er, effective.

This seems to tick those boxes fairly elegantly. A good prelude to reopening negotiations with Iran.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I suppose it depends on whether you feel killing the citizens of another country acts as a deterrent.

I am not sure is does, it certainly promotes opposition which is usually called terrorism bu the country doing the killing