• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beans on Toast

RestlessSoul

Huh? You mean apart from the Full English, the traditional breakfast? So much so it has a wiki entry!

"While it is colloquially known as a "fry-up" in most areas of the United Kingdom and Ireland, it is usually referred to as a "full English" "
- Full breakfast - Wikipedia

View attachment 83649

You absolutely need brown sauce all over that.

In England, there are only 2 sauces; brown, and red.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You can’t have black pudding and sausage. It’s either/or.

Sorry man, them’s the rules. I don’t make them.

Wrong black pudding is a must as is sausage.

But I'm a Lancashire lass, black pudding was invented just a few miles from where i lived.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The French, by the way, have no idea about marmalade.

This is so annoyingly true. I either have to buy , Robertsons from the English shelf in the supermarket or make my own.

I have a few french folks hooked on my homemade

ChristineM

Premium Member
Long time since shopped in the UK?! Heinz is typically £1.40. :oops:
Hence other brands (eg Stockwell) selling essentially the same product from 28p, are seeing sales rise at the expense of Heinz. We've long since gone over to Tesco own label or Branston. (I also suspect Heinz has undergone its own shrinkflation - it seemed closer to bean soup when we last bought it).

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=baked beans&preservedReferrer=https://duckduckgo.com/

8 years...

So they are probably cheaper in France now ;-)

The Heinz beans i get here are ok, with just the right amount of sauce.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Huh? You mean apart from the Full English, the traditional breakfast? So much so it has a wiki entry!

"While it is colloquially known as a "fry-up" in most areas of the United Kingdom and Ireland, it is usually referred to as a "full English" "
- Full breakfast - Wikipedia

View attachment 83649

Not only no black pudding (or fried haggis for the Scottish version) but no fried slice, no hash browns and no mushrooms.

Thats not a full English, it's a cheap imitation

RestlessSoul

Wrong black pudding is a must as is sausage.

But I'm a Lancashire lass, black pudding was invented just a few miles from where i lived.

Nothing wrong with black pudding. But having it with sausage would be like having roast spuds with mash. Mind you, they probably do that in some weird places. Stoke, perhaps. Or Wales…

ChristineM

Premium Member
Nothing wrong with black pudding. But having it with sausage would be like having roast spuds with mash. Mind you, they probably do that in some weird places. Stoke, perhaps. Or Wales…

Nah, they are 2 completely different things. One is blood, one is meat

And we often have roast spuds and mash, a couple of veggies, meat (or non meat product for our veggie contingent) perhaps Yorkshire pud or stuffing for sunday dinner.

I think those who don't have what they enjoy are weird

RestlessSoul

Nah, they are 2 completely different things. One is blood, one is meat

And we often have roast spuds and mash, a couple of veggies, meat (or non meat product for our veggie contingent) perhaps Yorkshire pud or stuffing for sunday dinner.

I think those who don't have what they enjoy are weird

I'm starting to get the impression you probably have chicken biriani with chips...

RestlessSoul

In other news, I've been informed that chick peas are now banned from our house, because herself believes they cause flatulence.