• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beans on Toast

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had this thing sitting in my cupboard for months:

vpnq1ejzfeqctexqrtvx__03689.1696447215.jpg

And today was finally the day.

Beans.
On.
Toast.

My life is complete now.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Its got to be Heinz, no other beans come close
Yeah, I was surprised at how amazing it was. Granted, I was using really good bread, but normally when I crack open a can of beans for eats I can only eat half the can? Nah, man, I inhaled the entire thing in one go toast and all.

The downside of all this is American grocery stores don't carry the proper beans. Because American grocery stores are stupid and stocked full of stuff that is barely even actual food. I got this can at a specialty store and it was stupid expensive because it's import here.

WHY NO TOMATO BAKED BEANS IN AMERICAN GROCERY STORES REEEEEEEEE!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I've made tomato baked beans before... they were good, but I'm not sure I'd have but them on toast. Maybe pita.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yeah, I was surprised at how amazing it was. Granted, I was using really good bread, but normally when I crack open a can of beans for eats I can only eat half the can? Nah, man, I inhaled the entire thing in one go toast and all.

The downside of all this is American grocery stores don't carry the proper beans. Because American grocery stores are stupid and stocked full of stuff that is barely even actual food. I got this can at a specialty store and it was stupid expensive because it's import here.

WHY NO TOMATO BAKED BEANS IN AMERICAN GROCERY STORES REEEEEEEEE!

In the UK I'd but tins of beans for about 25p (about 32/33cents) here in france they are just over a euro (around a dollar) but still worth it. I don't know what it is about the Heinz tomato sauce but it makes the beans.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
The bread is so important,a bread that retains its crunch despite the bean juice so cheese onion and garlic grilled to a good colours beans on toast is the way to go imo.

So when you say toast you mean toasted cheese? I was imagining buttered toast.

I've mentioned this to a British friend before - I like beans and I like toast but I don't like the idea of them together. Not saying I wouldn't try it, but I'm not in a rush to get around to it. :)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I've mentioned this to a British friend before - I like beans and I like toast but I don't like the idea of them together. Not saying I wouldn't try it, but I'm not in a rush to get around to it. :)

No,toasted buttered bread like an artisan bread,even sourdough,you can rub garlic on the toast before the butter then cheddar or Gruyère,thinly sliced onions and tomato and sometimes chilli (fresh chilli is best imo) then bargain basement beans,so much juice,delicious.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Quite a lot of things are good on toast. It's the contrast in texture, partly.

Hugh Johnson recommends best red wine with mushrooms on toast. Welsh rabbit can be excellent - and also red wine friendly. And then there's scrambled eggs, ideally with smoked salmon and chives or spinach. And all manner of pâtés. And marmalade of course for breakfast.

Baked beans in tomato sauce is a children's thing really. But good when camping - goes well with sausages or smoked bacon.