• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baptism in Christianity

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God's spirit (Psalms 104:30) is a neuter "it" (Numbers 11:17,25) just as our spirit is a neuter "it" - Ecclesiastes 12:7 B.
True, Jesus and his God are spirit persons and so are all angels, but one's spirit (human or angelic) is a neuter "it".
in the nt spirit isn't neuter. it's feminine. still has nothing to do with the name

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In verse 43 it only mentions the Father, and Jesus mentions his Father's name at John 17:6; John 17:26
When we hear " stop in the name of the law " we know the law is Not a literal person nor a literal name.

the Father's name, the son's name, and the spirit's name are all one name.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
the Father's name, the son's name, and the spirit's name are all one name.
God's spirit (Psalms 104:30) is a neuter "IT" and it is Not a person - Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25
God's spirit has No name. God has a name YHWH and God's Son has a name: Jesus.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God's spirit (Psalms 104:30) is a neuter "IT" and it is Not a person - Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25
God's spirit has No name. God has a name YHWH and God's Son has a name: Jesus.
You're wrong. Ruah is feminine

There is only masculine or feminine nouns in hebrew

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
A car or a ship sometimes is called a 'she', but they always remains a neuter "it " like God's spirit - Numbers 11:17,25
In Hebrew there are only two genders, he and she. There is no word for it. Ruach or spirit is a she, just as Shekinah (the presence of God over the Ark) is also a she.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
In Hebrew there are only two genders, he and she. There is no word for it. Ruach or spirit is a she, just as Shekinah (the presence of God over the Ark) is also a she.
Hello. I did some research and went to a Jewish site, which translates Numbers 11:17 as follows: "I will come down and speak with you there, and I will increase the spirit that is upon you and bestow it upon them. Then they will bear the burden of the people with you so that you need not bear it alone."
How do you view that translation, where it says, "I will increase the spirit that is upon you and bestow it upon them." I would appreciate your input.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Hello. I did some research and went to a Jewish site, which translates Numbers 11:17 as follows: "I will come down and speak with you there, and I will increase the spirit that is upon you and bestow it upon them. Then they will bear the burden of the people with you so that you need not bear it alone."
How do you view that translation, where it says, "I will increase the spirit that is upon you and bestow it upon them." I would appreciate your input.
Any translation is going to be inferior to the original Hebrew, but as far as translations go, it doesn't look bad. Was there something specific about the verse that you were wondering about?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Any translation is going to be inferior to the original Hebrew, but as far as translations go, it doesn't look bad. Was there something specific about the verse that you were wondering about?
I wonder why the Stone Edition of the TANACH uses the word "it" at Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25 __________
Besides, I also find the neuter word " it " at Ecclesiastes 12: 7 B, so I wonder why anyone would say the neuter word " it " is wrong or inferior __________

Five Solas

An infant can't repent and No need to, and "yes" parents ( not godparents ) are to teach children.
Since Pentecost Christians are Not under the temporary Constitution of the old Mosaic Law for ancient Israel.
Minor children are ' saved ' by the believing parent - 1 Corinthians 7:14

Ezekiel 38:16-32 is about God discipling His people.
Cleansed from those dungy idols. (stony idols along with the stoniness of their hearts) replaced with a heart of flesh.
A heart now motivated by love and the doing of God's will ahead of their old will . No infant does that .
Now a ' spiritual will ' replaced by their old corrupted 'fleshly will' / desires.
Ezekiel 36:25-28 could now correspond spiritually to Galatians 5:22-23 the fruitage of God's spirit.
Christian baptism is immersion No sprinkling.

You are a bit all over the show. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to tell me.

The fact is this - there is a direct continuity between the OT and NT.
Old Testament: As an outward sign of God's covenant, believing parents, who were already inside the covenant, brought their baby boys for circumcision eight days after birth. That was a sign of their first entry amongst the Covenant people of God.

However, God later indicated that the outward sign of circumcision would later change when He declared through the prophet Ezekiel:

“I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will be my people, and I will be your God.” (Ez. 36:25-28).

Every covenant in the Bible includes children (Gen 1:28; 2:9, 17; 9:9; 17:10; Deut 5:6-21; 6:4-7; 2 Sam 7:12-16; Acts 2:38-39; Eph 6:1-4). Every biblical covenant requires the believing parent(s) to uphold God’s covenant through an obedient life to the Lord and to teach their children to do the same.

The new sign would be that of cleansing by the sprinkling of water.

This is what Peter preached in Jerusalem: “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself” (Acts 2:38-39). The new covenant follows the same identical structure of: “Command–sign–promises–responsibilities”.

A covenantal view of baptism underlies the reason why the apostle Paul baptized the whole households of Lydia, the Philippian jailer and Stephanas (Acts 16:15; 16:33; 1 Cor 1:16) in the New Testament, as a “sign” of their commitment to Christian discipleship. The new covenant initiation sign instituted by Christ was baptized, and it was commonly applied to whole households when someone believed, including their children, and it was no longer restricted to the physical seed of Abraham.

All of God's covenants have always included families. All the prophecies of the new covenant clearly indicate the continuance of the household as the basic unit of the people of God. See Gen. 12:3; Isa. 54:10, 13; 59:21 (the Old Testament backdrop to Acts 2:39); 61:8-9; Jer. 32:38-40; Ezek. 37:25-26; Zech. 8:5; 10:7, 9; 12:10-14; 14:17.

Isaiah 59:21: "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants--from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

Acts 2:38&39: Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, I'm sure you realize that I'm Jewish, so I don't agree with the whole Christian notion of Salvation by faith.

I believe as is the case with Muslims you believe in salvation by obedience. However since you can never achieve obedience, you are destined for Hell.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe as is the case with Muslims you believe in salvation by obedience. However since you can never achieve obedience, you are destined for Hell.
love is perfect only in action. faith without works is dead. works rely on faith; otherwise no one would work

proverbs 10:12

Muffled

Jesus in me
love is perfect only in action. faith without works is dead. works rely on faith; otherwise no one would work

proverbs 10:12

I believe the works only count if they come from Jesus. Self glorifying works won't cut it.