• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baptism in Christianity

Dogknox20

I believe repentance is necessary for salvation but the fact is that one is not saved from sin by it. So the repentance is hollow since the person goes on sinning.
Mark 1:4
And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe repentance is necessary for salvation but the fact is that one is not saved from sin by it. So the repentance is hollow since the person goes on sinning.
Repentence has two parts. The first part is doing your best to undo the harm you did. The second part is actively turning away from that sin and back to God's path. You do both of those, and God forgives you. The whole concept of "saved from sin" doesn't even exist in Judaism. You stumble again, and you repent again.
Proverbs 24:16 For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again, But the wicked stumble under adversity.