• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bahrain and Libya

croak

Trickster
Libya protests: Tripoli hit by renewed clashes said:
Security forces and protesters have clashed in Libya's capital for a second night, after the government announced a new crackdown.
Witnesses say warplanes have fired on protesters in Tripoli.

Meanwhile, two Libyan fighter jets have landed in Malta, where officials say the pilots defected after they were ordered to bomb civilians.

In Benghazi, reports say 11 solders were killed by their commanding officers for refusing to fire on protesters.
BBC News - Libya protests: Tripoli hit by renewed clashes

I assume they meant 'soldiers'.

This is turning really, really bad. What if Gaddafi refuses to abdicate? How far will he go?

Last edited:

xkatz

Qaddafi/Gaddafi is like a bad cartoon character. I hope he gets what's coming for him.

Rakhel

just seen on CBS news. The Libyan ambassador to the UN is calling for Khadafi to step down and rumors are that Khadafi is on his way to Venezuela. Add to the fact that his son is warning of civil war makes the rumors look more and more likely.

Alceste

Vagabond
still not much interest on the forum ? is it boring now this wind of change?

Au contraire, I've been so interested I've been glued to the news - haven't been to RF much.

It seems Bahrain is calming somewhat as the government decided to allow peaceful protest for the time being, but Libya is an absolute bloodbath.

Wannabe Yogi

just seen on CBS news. The Libyan ambassador to the UN is calling for Khadafi to step down and rumors are that Khadafi is on his way to Venezuela. Add to the fact that his son is warning of civil war makes the rumors look more and more likely.

Hope you are right.

Juhur

WORSE than a man who is willing to shell, bomb and machine gun large gatherings of unarmed civilians from rooftops, airplanes and helicopters? What is worse than that? I want him to hang.

So you want people who took the streets for democracy and freedom (change) act the same way as he has been acting for all those years? or perhaps you would like to hang UN human rights council who allowed Qaddafi to join them? or maybe even worse then the previous revolution in Egypt where they now have a religious leader screaming death to Jews on the same Tahrir square where they screamed for freedom a week ago?

Only a hypocrite can be glued to another hypocrite.

Alceste

Vagabond
wow, juhur. That was pretty random. I generally believe mass murderers should receive the death penalty in the interest of public safety, although I am against it in all other cases. I take it you disagree? You think the death penalty is only appropriate for crimes like attempting to exercise free speech while mass murderers like Gaddafi should get a medal?

Rakhel

The rumors are just rumors. After seeing that report on CBS, there were reports online the Khadafi was still in Tripoli and wanting to meet the youth. I wouldn't be stupid enough to go there knowing that man's smarmy tactics.

Juhur

wow, juhur. That was pretty random. I generally believe mass murderers should receive the death penalty in the interest of public safety, although I am against it in all other cases. I take it you disagree? You think the death penalty is only appropriate for crimes like attempting to exercise free speech while mass murderers like Gaddafi should get a medal?

interest and public safety? what difference is there between Qaddafi and those that will replace him? same difference that happened in Egypt?

You see I don't really care what happens there because I don't trust the news sources I'm not sure if those who replace him will be better, as I said before Egypt is a perfect example, how is one mass murderer better then the one who replaces him? Or you think one mass murderer is more important then the other?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
WORSE than a man who is willing to shell, bomb and machine gun large gatherings of unarmed civilians from rooftops, airplanes and helicopters? What is worse than that? I want him to hang.

So do I, but there is room for worse situations. Case in point, Rwanda.

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopefully Lybia is well beyond any comparable risks. But the fact of the matter is that I can't say that it is so. I simply don't know.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Oh i think it can be and get a lot worse,as for him hanging i'm with you on that one

Alceste

Vagabond
interest and public safety? what difference is there between Qaddafi and those that will replace him? same difference that happened in Egypt?

You see I don't really care what happens there because I don't trust the news sources I'm not sure if those who replace him will be better, as I said before Egypt is a perfect example, how is one mass murderer better then the one who replaces him? Or you think one mass murderer is more important then the other?

I think you are failing to understand what is happening in the ME on a profound level.

Alceste

Vagabond
So do I, but there is room for worse situations. Case in point, Rwanda.

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopefully Lybia is well beyond any comparable risks. But the fact of the matter is that I can't say that it is so. I simply don't know.

Libya is not beyond comparable risks. Saif al-Ghaddafi has plainly stated his family is willing to murder the entire population to cling to power, and Ghaddafi has vowed to fight to the death (which in practice means frittering away Libya's entire treasury to pay foreign mercenaries $2000 a day to do his indiscriminate murdering of Libyans for him).

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
Heard in the news that the protesters in Bahrain are Iranian Shia Muslim Migrants who wants to have Bahrain Citizenship/Recognition because they have no IDs.

These migrants made their way to Bahrain by means of a boat, with no travel documents, due to its proximity in Iran. Most of them were able to raise a family. Of course, their children will also have no ID.

Because they are illegal aliens, they couldn't obtain decent jobs. Hence, they are protesting. As expected, the Bahraini Government is not inclined to accommodate all illegal aliens that comes to their country.

Most skeptics are believing Iran or Hezbollah might have a hand on it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Okay al-Gaddafi certainly sounds like a reasonable person.

Surely you jest? :sarcastic

Then again, that might be a good thing. It seems to have made the military support to him that much more fleeting, which hopefully will make things flow better from now on.

croak

Trickster
Heard in the news that the protesters in Bahrain are Iranian Shia Muslim Migrants who wants to have Bahrain Citizenship/Recognition because they have no IDs.

These migrants made their way to Bahrain by means of a boat, with no travel documents, due to its proximity in Iran. Most of them were able to raise a family. Of course, their children will also have no ID.

Because they are illegal aliens, they couldn't obtain decent jobs. Hence, they are protesting. As expected, the Bahraini Government is not inclined to accommodate all illegal aliens that comes to their country.

Most skeptics are believing Iran or Hezbollah might have a hand on it.
Hizbullah? Really? I thought they were preoccupied with Lebanon.

In any case, what news channel did you hear that from? I haven't been able to find anything other than a Yahoo! Answers question. Then again, I could look harder.

Juhur

I think you are failing to understand what is happening in the ME on a profound level.

Don't be so naive, that is not the mid west where you can agree on something by sitting and drinking coffee that is middle east things work differently there, those are revolutions of Islam and not democracy what it represents is shariah law, Islamic culture is yet to far from freedom and it's a hypocrisy to ignore all that thinking they will wake up the next morning with freedom.

Flankerl

Surely you jest? :sarcastic

Then again, that might be a good thing. It seems to have made the military support to him that much more fleeting, which hopefully will make things flow better from now on.

Obviously i dont jest.
Gaddafi should rule all of northern africa.. ah who am i kidding all of africa so that all people could see him in the light he best deserves. :D

There arent many people in the world who start reciting poems in the middle of a big crisis, so you have to cherish the few you have. :)