• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i Totalitarian Oligarchy?

ppp

"Basically councils of nine Baha’is would run everything in a totalitarian democracy with voting limited to Baha’is. All nations would be either principalities (under a Baha’i prince) or electorates (under a Baha’i elector)." -- Source

Is this true?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"Basically councils of nine Baha’is would run everything in a totalitarian democracy with voting limited to Baha’is. All nations would be either principalities (under a Baha’i prince) or electorates (under a Baha’i elector)." -- Source

Is this true?
I tend to think Bahai's are not that pronounced.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Is this true?
I don't worry about Bahai. There is something totalitarian going on worldwide now, that worries me much more.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Is this true?

Disturbing.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Is this true?
Some truth but you are presenting it in a negative way.

The truth is that the Baha'is envision a day when the entire world will willingly come together under the dispensation of Baha'u'llah. A Baha'i Administrative Order will replace the crumbling institutions of the past.

The details on how this will work out are to be revealed when the time comes.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Is this true?
Apparently not. Or at least, I can't find much of this at the relevant link: Home

It seems there is a concept called a World Order of Baha'ullah: World Order of Baháʼu'lláh - Wikipedia
but this appears to be a lot more modest in its (nevertheless absurd and unattainable) aims.:rolleyes:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Is this true?
It's a daydream. Daydreams aren't reality, and are unlikely to come true. Doesn't mean one can't dream.

PureX

Veteran Member

The truth is that the Baha'is envision a day when the entire world will willingly come together under the dispensation of Baha'u'llah. A Baha'i Administrative Order will replace the crumbling institutions of the past.

The details on how this will work out are to be revealed when the time comes.
:) (Sorry for the shocking language.)

ppp

You say it is only "some truth" But your post does not contradict or correct anything that the author said. Which statements were false? Or partially false? And in what way?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's a daydream. Daydreams aren't reality, and are unlikely to come true. Doesn't mean one can't dream.
It is nobody's daydream. It is a complete misrepresentation of the vision of Baha'u'llah.
You say it is only "some truth" But your post does not contradict or correct anything that the author said. Which statements were false? Or partially false? And in what way?
I am not up on this aspect of the Baha'i Faith, so I have asked some other more knowledgeable Baha'is to jump in, lest I put my foot in my mouth. ;):(

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Okay, I will make a stab at it.

The truth is that the Baha'is envision a day when the entire world will willingly come together under the dispensation of Baha'u'llah.

I believe this is true, but that could only happen after everyone in the world has recognized Baha'u'llah, and nobody knows if or when that will happen. However, there are indications that it will indeed happen eventually:

“Warn and acquaint the people, O Servant, with the things We have sent down unto Thee, and let the fear of no one dismay Thee, and be Thou not of them that waver. The day is approaching when God will have exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248

A Baha'i Administrative Order will replace the crumbling institutions of the past.
I do not know that this is true. According to my understanding, the Baha'i Faith will never be involved in politics, but rather governments will voluntarily chose to model themselves after the Baha'i Institutions that are now in place.