• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bahai position/methodology on Hadith

InvestigateTruth

As regard to Quranism!

For example, When we look at Sharia Law, we see there are some things in the Quran that appear to be harsh and even barbaric according to even Muslims. For example, Punishment of stealing is prescribed as Cutting off hand!
Some Muslims, for good will and good intentions, have tried to provide a different interpretation for Cutting hand. They have tried to say, Cutting off hand is not what is meant in the Quran, and that was a misinterpretation.
However the problem that they encounter is, according to some Hadithes or recorded traditions, the punishment is Cutting hand!

Likewise there are many other similar things in Quran.

Thus, these Muslims had to completely set aside recorded traditions, so they may provide their own interpretation, rather than what can be seen from Hadithes.
To do so, they had to come up with ways to discredit Hadithes and show how Hadithes are fake!

firedragon

Veteran Member
As regard to Quranism!

For example, When we look at Sharia Law, we see there are some things in the Quran that appear to be harsh and even barbaric according to even Muslims. For example, Punishment of stealing is prescribed as Cutting off hand!
Some Muslims, for good will and good intentions, have tried to provide a different interpretation for Cutting hand. They have tried to say, Cutting off hand is not what is meant in the Quran, and that was a misinterpretation.
However the problem that they encounter is, according to some Hadithes or recorded traditions, the punishment is Cutting hand!

Likewise there are many other similar things in Quran.

Thus, these Muslims had to completely set aside recorded traditions, so they may provide their own interpretation, rather than what can be seen from Hadithes.
To do so, they had to come up with ways to discredit Hadithes and show how Hadithes are fake!

Irrelevant.

InvestigateTruth

Irrelevant.
I tell you why it is relevant.

I just provided some evidences how and why Muslims reject Hadithes.

Bahais do not reject Hadithes. We do believe that, for example punishment of stealing in Quran and traditions are Cutting Hand, but, we believe these Laws were meant for Old ages. Now, we have a new set of Laws in the Book of Aghdas, which is prescribed for our Age.
Also, many other Hadithes that for various reasons the Muslims consider incorrect, we believe they are symbolic and figurative. For example, there are Hadithes that when Mahdi comes, an Anti-christ comes with a fast donkey, which to many Muslims may sound illogical and fake Hadith. But Bahais do not say these Hadithes are fake. They say, they are fulfilled albeit symbolically. I hope that makes the Bahai position more clear. Generally, since Bahais have another set of Laws in Aghdas, they are not really in need of Hadithes. But if they are interested in learning Islam, they do use Hadithes as well.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I tell you why it is relevant.

I just provided some evidences how and why Muslims reject Hadithes.

Bahais do not reject Hadithes. We do believe that, for example punishment of stealing in Quran and traditions are Cutting Hand, but, we believe these Laws were meant for Old ages. Now, we have a new set of Laws in the Book of Aghdas, which is prescribed for our Age.
Also, many other Hadithes that for various reasons the Muslims consider incorrect, we believe they are symbolic and figurative. For example, there are Hadithes that when Mahdi comes, an Anti-christ comes with a fast donkey, which to many Muslims may sound illogical and fake Hadith. But Bahais do not say these Hadithes are fake. They say, they are fulfilled albeit symbolically. I hope that makes the Bahai position more clear. Generally, since Bahais have another set of Laws in Aghdas, they are not really in need of Hadithes. But if they are interested in learning Islam, they do use Hadithes as well.

But that's not relevant.