• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back to basic

Renji

Theoretically, "be saved or being saved" from the wages of sin, which is death (spiritual), through Jesus Christ.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Isn't that dangerous. People will commit crime since they will die anyway. We will be living with no rules like animal because if we die, we are not us anymore.

1. No, there is no meaning to break crimes.
2. Not dangerous at all.
3. We are animals.

Brahmo Samaj, or Brahmoism. I really like it.

Principles:

On God: There is always Infinite (limitless, undefinable, imperceivable, indivisible) Singularity - immanent and transcendent Singular Author and Preserver of Existence - "He" whose Love is manifest everywhere and in everything, in the fire and in the water, in the smallest plant to the mightiest oak.
On Being: Being is created from Singularity. Being is renewed to Singularity. Being exists to be one (again) with Loving Singularity. (See Tat Tvam Asi.)
On Intelligent Existence: Righteous (worshipful, intelligent, moral) actions alone rule (regulate [preserve]) Existence against Chaos (loss [decay, return, pervading emptiness]). Knowledge (Intelligence [reason, sentience, intuition]) of pure Conscience (light within) is the One (Supreme) ruler (authority [law, dharma]) of Existence with no symbol (creation [scripture, book, object]) or intermediary (being [teacher, messiah, ruler]).
On Love: Respect all creations and beings but never venerate (worship) them for only Singularity can be loved (adored, worshipped)

Articles of Faith:

Brahmos embrace righteousness as the only way of life.
Brahmos embrace truth, knowledge, reason, free will and virtuous intuition (observation) as guides.
Brahmos embrace secular principles but oppose sectarianism and imposition of religious belief into governance (especially propagation of religious belief by government).
Brahmos embrace the co-existence of Brahmo principles with governance, but oppose all governance in conflict with Brahmo principles.
Brahmos reject narrow theism (especially polytheism), idolatry and symbolism.
Brahmos reject the need for formal rituals, priests or places (church, temple, mosque) for worship.
Brahmos reject dogma and superstition.
Brahmos reject scripture as authority.
Brahmos reject revelations, prophets, gurus, messiahs, or avatars as authority.
Brahmos reject bigotry and irrational distinctions like caste, creed, colour, race, religion which divide beings.
Brahmos reject all forms of totalitarianism.
Brahmos examine the prevalent notion of "sin".
Brahmos examine the prevalent notions of "heaven" or "hell".
Brahmos examine the prevalent notion of "salvation"

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What I strive for...

"One who is not envious but is a kind friend to all living entities, who does not think himself a proprietor [a person who has the exclusive right or title to something] and is free from false ego, who is equal in both happiness and distress, who is tolerant, always satisfied, self-controlled, and engaged in devotional service with determination, his mind and intelligence fixed on Me, such a devotee of Mine is very dear to Me. He for whom no one is put into difficulty and who is not disturbed by anyone, who is equipoised in happiness and distress, fear and anxiety, is very dear to Me." -Bhagavad Gita 12.13-15

"Those who follow this imperishable path of devotional service and who completely engage themselves with faith, making Me the supreme goal, are very, very dear to Me." - Bhagavad Gita 12.20

"Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend." - Bhagavad Gita 18.65

Attaining Krishna will mean liberation from the cycle of birth, death and rebirth. It will mean spending all of eternity in His blissful presence and company.

Renji

Many people commit sin nowaday right??

That's why Jesus died on the cross, so that we may be saved (through faith in him and our actions). Also, in Catholicism, it's not just from personal sin that each person commits but also from the original sin committed by our first parents.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
If I don't believe in religion, I think I will not afraid to break the law since we'll all die anyway. No punishment; nothing.
...of course there is punishment. It's called the legal system, personal guilt, vendettas, etc. Just because it isn't absolute doesn't mean it isn't there.

Villager

Can someone represent a religion and post about it's basic.
Christianity is frequently claimed, but seldom apparently understood. If the person called 'Christ' spoke accurately, this disparity is only to be expected. He was recorded as saying:

'"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"' Mt 7:22-23 NIV

And also:

'This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.' Jn 3:19-20 NIV

How many men? The generality, one may suppose. And other statements confirm that.

"Enter through the narrow gate; because wide is the gate, and broad is the road, that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate, and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."' Mt 7:13-14

So any mass movement that claims to follow this man, or even to take inspiration from him, contradicts him, and cannot follow him, no matter how much they may say, "Lord, Lord." With Christianity, big is not beautiful; it is disastrous. That does not mean that small is necessarily beautiful, of course. It does mean, however, that one may need to look hard for signs of true followers; and one may find none.

One needs to understand the word 'Christ' to understand why Christianity is the faith of only a few. In short, it means one who is lord, i.e. the director of one's life, because he is saviour. Saviour from the consequences of one's guilty conscience, which, in Christ's teaching, is eternal, and eternally damning, without a saviour. In gratitude, the person who relies upon the perfect conscience of the Christ lives in obedience to him, the Christ thus becoming lord of his or her life, and in every aspect. Other religions in every case propose that a state of contentment and happiness in this and/or the next life can be achieved by effort- works of philanthropy, of ritual, of self denial, in any combination.

The commonest human reaction to the offer of a perfect conscience is negative- most people wish to retain control of their lives, and in every aspect. That is one reason why the verdict mentioned is that people love darkness, in which one's life can be hidden; not light, that exposes shameful deeds, words and even thoughts.

However, the principle objection of some is not the loss of autonomy that Christianity requires, though that is great enough an objection of theirs. It is the perceived insult to personal pride. Even that one needs a saviour is too much for some, even though their evil ways may be known to everyone (as is usually the case). Perhaps they are right, perhaps they are morally perfect; but they are guilty of double-speak if they both admit that they need a saviour but also reckon to chip in towards gaining a perfect conscience by doing good deeds. This is impossible, for one thing, because a bad deed, even a bad thought, cannot ever be undone. It is there, in the consciousness, and the conscience, for ever, even if ample reparation is made.

Moreover, it in effect tells the Christ, the deity, that his righteousness needs 'topping up' that, in effect, God is not God at all. It is simple blasphemy, in anyone's view of the matter. So any who claim to be Christian maintain that humanity is not justified by faith, and only by faith, is in effect a blasphemer, knowingly or not. At the very instant that a person supposes that heaven must, or can be achieved by effort- works of philanthropy, of ritual, of self denial, in any combination, faith in Christ is totally lost. It's one, or the other, that one may choose, never both. If one chooses to be saved by one's works, even one work, then one must reject a christ, and choose a religion that does not pretend to be Christianity. One cannot, as an honest and informed person, in those circumstances claim to be a Christian. That is why those who make that claim, knowingly, are, in the view of Christianity, due a fate worse than that of any others. It may be that the vilest criminal who ever lived, who made no claim to Christianity, will experience an eternity preferable to those to whom it will be said, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"

AhmadSyahir

That's why Jesus died on the cross, so that we may be saved (through faith in him and our actions). Also, in Catholicism, it's not just from personal sin that each person commits but also from the original sin committed by our first parents.

Well, many Christians now don't have the faith in him. So do many people from other religions in that have left their religions faith. Many people live for fun and to achive world pleasure. Religion will be given the last priority in life.

May I ask you?? Didn't Jesus came from jews area?? He died in Jerusalem which was once Jewish city. Doesn't that mean Christianity is from Judaism.

AhmadSyahir

Judaism is from Christianity, according to Christians. But nobody seems to listen to them, for some strange reason.

That's weird. Judaism has been there in Jerusalem before Christian. How can Judaism come from Christianity which is believed to established after the crusifixion.

Villager

That's weird. Judaism has been there in Jerusalem before Christian.
Where was Judaism in the 2nd century after Jesus?

How can Judaism come from Christianity which is believed to established after the crusifixion.
Judaism (which was not the name that the first people called Jews gave themselves) is named after Judah, a descendant of Abraham. Christianity started with Abraham- according to Christians, who are ignored; seemingly with great determination.