• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back to basic

BruceDLimber

I'm a Baha'i, and the central goal of the Baha'i Faith is to promote what we call the "Three Onenesses":

• the Oneness of God (Who is known by many different names in the various languages and cultures),
  • the oneness of humanity (we are all brothers and sisters), and
  • the oneness of all the great religions (all of which are stages in a single ever-evolving faith, the Faith of God!).
To this end, we have 200 volumes of Baha'i scripture as well as recognizing scriptures of other great religions.

More information is available here: The Bahá

Best! :)

Bruce

AhmadSyahir

This is my opinion my brother. oneness of god is impossible my friend. Christian believe in Trinity which is father,son and holy spirit. For hinduism they believe there is one god but there is many sub-god(lower)*i understand it as 'dewa' in Malay language. How can all of this faith and great religion be unite?*Do not feel offended because i just try to make a discussion here my brother.*I apologize if for my bad english.

I'm a muslim.

Islam's faith:
1.Believe that Allah is the only god.
2.Believe in angel.
-Allah send 'letter' about his mightiness and Allah as the god through angel. So we require to believe angel if not you will not believe what was told by prophet.
3.Believe in 4 holy book. Tawrat,Zabur,Al-Quran and Injil
-We believe in all the holy book but the only that can be trusted now is Al-Quran. Injil and tawrat had been distorted by Bani Israel.
4.Believe in prophets.
-We must believe in prophet because he is the one who tell us to know The Creator. If we don't, how will we believe in god.
5.Belive in resurrection and judgment.
-Life after this life. Prophet Adam(fist human) is expel from heaven to earth. He had been forgive by Allah. This world is temporary. It will then destroy and we will be back to heaven depend on our deed on earth. If we commit evil deed then we will be thrown to hell.
6.Believe in predestination.
-Not everything is destined. Our birth day is destined, our gender is also destined. But we are responsible for our action that will put us whether in the heaven or hell. But still, everything is under Allah's power.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Nihilism

Basically, lack of belief in a meaning of life, for happiness varies upon everyone.

There are many types of Nihilism:

Existential Nihilism - Lack of meaning to life. Whatever you do doesn't matter, we all die in the end anyway.

Many other types I would list but can't right now, I will as soon as possible, but have to go right now.

AhmadSyahir

Nihilism

Basically, lack of belief in a meaning of life, for happiness varies upon everyone.

There are many types of Nihilism:

Existential Nihilism - Lack of meaning to life. Whatever you do doesn't matter, we all die in the end anyway.

Many other types I would list but can't right now, I will as soon as possible, but have to go right now.

Isn't that dangerous. People will commit crime since they will die anyway. We will be living with no rules like animal because if we die, we are not us anymore.

Renji

Catholic

:cross:We believe in God, the Father almighty, the maker of all things, visible and invisible (1 Corinthians 8:6 "...yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.")
:cross:We believe in Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord and Savior (Romans5:8 "But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.")
Jesus was conceived in the womb of Virgin Mary (Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with a child and bear a son, and name him Immanuel (God with us)") by the power of the Holy Spirit, which was declared to her by angel Gabriel( Luke1:26-28,35 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” ... The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God..)
:cross:He (Jesus) suffered under Pontius Pilate and crucified to redeem our sins ( Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.).
:cross:After the third day he rose again (Matthew:28:5,6But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.
"He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.")
:cross: He (Jesus) ascended into heaven and sit at the right hand of the father ( Mark 16:19 "So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God (the Father).")
:cross: He (Jesus) will come again to judge the living and the dead (John 14:2-3 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also” Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war")
:cross: We believe in the Holy Spirit, our guide, the advocate, the comforter, intercessor . (John 14:16,171" And I will ask the Father: and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever: The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, nor knows him. But you shall know him; because he shall abide with you and shall be in you.")
:cross:The holy Catholic Church, founded by Christ through Peter as its rock (Matthew 16:18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.")
Lastly, we believe in"Communion of Saints, forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of body and life everlasting."

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Methodist (and Presbyterian and Lutheran and Episcopalian and most Baptists, etc)

:cross:We believe in God, the Father almighty, the maker of all things, visible and invisible (1 Corinthians 8:6 "...yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.")
:cross:We believe in Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord and Savior (Romans5:8 "But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.")
Jesus was conceived in the womb of Virgin Mary (Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with a child and bear a son, and name him Immanuel (God with us)") by the power of the Holy Spirit, which was declared to her by angel Gabriel( Luke1:26-28,35 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” ... The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God..)
:cross:He (Jesus) suffered under Pontius Pilate and crucified to redeem our sins ( Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.).
:cross:After the third day he rose again (Matthew:28:5,6But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.
"He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.")
:cross: He (Jesus) ascended into heaven and sit at the right hand of the father ( Mark 16:19 "So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God (the Father).")
:cross: He (Jesus) will come again to judge the living and the dead (John 14:2-3 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also” Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war")
:cross: We believe in the Holy Spirit, our guide, the advocate, the comforter, intercessor . (John 14:16,171" And I will ask the Father: and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever: The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, nor knows him. But you shall know him; because he shall abide with you and shall be in you.")
:cross:The holy catholic Church, founded by Christ through Peter as its rock (Matthew 16:18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.")
Lastly, we believe in"Communion of Saints, forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of body and life everlasting."

Renji

All I had to change in order to be in agreement was the capital C on Catholic!

At least those were the things that our Church and the denominations that you mentioned can agree with, but yeah, those were just the fundamentals of Catholic faith.

Bob Dixon

>implying
Christian (All Theistic Forms)

We believe in one God, the same God worshipped by the other monotheistic religions
We believe that God is our Father and we are His Children, thus he loves us and we must honour Him appropriately
We believe that Jesus is the greatest messenger of God and the Messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Scriptures (though some differ on specifics)
We believe that there is no human who is born incapable of being saved (though the question of how exactly one is "saved" is often debated)

That's pretty much everything that ALL CHRISTIANS will agree with, so I'd say it's the basics.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
KNOWLEDGE OF SELF

<:) Learn as much as you can about the subjective universe.

:pent: Learn as much as you can about the objective universe.

:peace: Try to keep your subjective universe align with the objective universe.

:seesaw:Choose your purpose and align yourself with the things that serve it.

Try hard to deal in positive energy. :cigar:

AhmadSyahir

Christian (All Theistic Forms)

We believe in one God, the same God worshipped by the other monotheistic religions
We believe that God is our Father and we are His Children, thus he loves us and we must honour Him appropriately
We believe that Jesus is the greatest messenger of God and the Messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Scriptures (though some differ on specifics)
We believe that there is no human who is born incapable of being saved (though the question of how exactly one is "saved" is often debated)

That's pretty much everything that ALL CHRISTIANS will agree with, so I'd say it's the basics.

Saved from what ?