• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Autopsy analysis of Michael Brown

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It sure pays to wait, let the dust settle, & only then
decide in what direction one's outrage should fly.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
It's unfortunate that this result once again bolsters the notion that eye witness testimony is often flawed or wrong. :(

It also highlights (again) the very obvious fact that the media sucks and is prone to sensationalism to make money.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have a horrible joke.
Really....it's in bad taste....it's racist.
I really shouldn't make it.

It gives new meaning to the sale called "Black Friday".

Now....someone slap me.
I deserve it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's unfortunate that this result once again bolsters the notion that eye witness testimony is often flawed or wrong. :(

It also highlights (again) the very obvious fact that the media sucks and is prone to sensationalism to make money.
I see debunking the reliability of eye witness testimony as a good thing.
Observation & memory are given too much weight when corraborating
evidence is lacking. Too many wrongful convictions are the result.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I have a horrible joke.

Now....someone slap me.
I deserve it.
:slap:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I see debunking the reliability of eye witness testimony as a good thing.
Observation & memory are given too much weight when corraborating
evidence is lacking. Too many wrongful convictions are the result.
I, of course, agree. I meant that it's unfortunate because there are many who won't believe the eye witnesses were wrong and will riot (maybe) anyway. It's basically a crap situation all around.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I, of course, agree. I meant that it's unfortunate because there are many who won't believe the eye witnesses were wrong and will riot (maybe) anyway. It's basically a crap situation all around.
I agree.
Agreeable bunch, ain't we?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Autopsy reports - of which there are 3 of them - are conflicting. No gunshot residue, forensics show in one report that none of the bullets were shot at close range, and in another show that one bullet DID hit Brown at close range. One autopsy report showed no sign of altercation.

Where is the residue? And are there fingerprints all over Wilson's gun?

Forensics also have repeatedly suggested that the fatal shots in Brown's head were 20-25 feet away.

I too have been looking for facts. In fact, many many people have been (it's not just those who really want to believe Brown deserved to die because he apparently is a "POS thug". Although from some of the comments here about the nature of the protests, since none of y'all have been there (and I HAVE), it might do to ask me or somebody who has been present there how things really were in regards to the crowd reactions and behaviors.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Although from some of the comments here about the nature of the protests, since none of y'all have been there (and I HAVE), it might do to ask me or somebody who has been present there how things really were in regards to the crowd reactions and behaviors.

Mystic brings up a very important point, indirectly I might add. Media coverage, mainstream-wise that is, usually concentrated on people rioting and stealing. However, there were numerous people that stood out there in peaceful protest (nonviolent resistance) in dangerous conditions harshly condemning the rioting and stealing going on---rightly lambasting those that took an absurdly horrid advantage of the situations to satisfy their own means.

adi2d

I have a horrible joke.

Now....someone slap me.
I deserve it.

:slap: :slap:

Edit. I'm terrible with the smilies. Can someone give him the slap he deserves?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mystic brings up a very important point, indirectly I might add. Media coverage, mainstream-wise that is, usually concentrated on people rioting and stealing. However, there were numerous people that stood out there in peaceful protest (nonviolent resistance) in dangerous conditions harshly condemning the rioting and stealing going on---rightly lambasting those that took an absurdly horrid advantage of the situations to satisfy their own means.
The spotlight fallacy: We think that what's prominent in the news reflects reality.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
The spotlight fallacy: We think that what's prominent in the news reflects reality.
There's been so much misinformation regarding this tragedy that it's difficult to hang onto news too long for fear it will change. I've read so much conflicting information today just regarding the autopsy. It's pretty ridiculous.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
:slap: :slap:

Edit. I'm terrible with the smilies. Can someone give him the slap he deserves?

Well...I can try. I've been wondering when I'd get the chance to use one of the toys I found in the secret Admin arsenal...

Hey, Rev...c'mere...