• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Autopsy analysis of Michael Brown

Buttercup

Veteran Member
True...I was just rephrasing what you said so that people would like me.
Is it working?
Haha! :D Yes.

I honestly don't know how anyone can come to any other conclusion other than we can't come to a conclusion yet, we MAY be getting closer though. I had my doubts in the beginning regarding Wilson but at this point I'm conjecturing that he acted lawfully. However, It's still painfully sad about the loss of Brown's life, especially because he was so young.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Haha! :D Yes.

I honestly don't know how anyone can come to any other conclusion other than we can't come to a conclusion yet, we MAY be getting closer though. I had my doubts in the beginning regarding Wilson but at this point I'm conjecturing that he acted lawfully. However, It's still painfully sad about the loss of Brown's life, especially because he was so young.
Yeah, I hate all the death & strife.

It seems everything points to Brown being the aggressor.

Report: Official Autopsy Supports Officer in Ferguson Shooting
October 23, 2014 •

BROWN FAMILY ATTORNEY DARYL PARKS POINTS ON AN AUTOPSY DIAGRAM TO THE HEAD WOUND THAT WAS LIKELY FATAL TO MICHAEL BROWN DURING A NEWS CONFERENCE IN FERGUSONSlain Ferguson teen Michael Brown was shot in the hand at close range, an official county autopsy report obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shows, bolstering police officer Darren Wilson’s claims that the 18-year-old had attacked him.

The Washington Post also reported early Tuesday that at least six African-American witnesses back Wilson’s account of the shooting — that he was attacked by Brown. This challenges earlier accounts that suggested that most black witnesses to the shooting said that Brown was shot for seemingly no reason at all while he had his hands raised.

Wilson’s account is also now backed by the physical evidence that leaked from the grand jury last week. That includes blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests. Taken as a whole this casts Brown as the aggressor who threatened the officer’s life, the Post reports.

The examinations were conducted by the St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s Office, and contradict a private autopsy conducted for Brown’s family. That autopsy showed there were no signs of a struggle between the teen and Wilson, who killed Brown on Aug. 9, sparking weeks of often violent protests in Ferguson, a predominantly black suburb of St. Louis, reports NBC News.

Meanwhile, the official autopsy backs up Wilson’s statements that Brown had struggled for his weapon while inside a police department car and that the officer had shot twice, hitting Brown in the hand. Soon after, Wilson fired the shots that killed Brown.

St. Louis Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Graham, who is not part of the official investigation, reviewed the autopsy report and told the Post-Dispatch that “it does support that there was a significant altercation at the car.”

The autopsy showed a shot went from the tip of Brown’s thumb to his wrist, and while there were no powder burns that would indicate the shot was fired at short range, “sometimes when it’s really close such as within an inch or so, there is no stipple, just smoke.”

Further, the report showed that there was foreign matter in the thumb tissue “consistent with products that are discharged from the barrel of a firearm,” and Dr. Judy Melinek, a forensic pathologist in San Francisco, who also examined the autopsy for the newspaper, who said the autopsy “supports the fact that this guy is reaching for the gun, if he has gunpowder particulate material in the wound.”

And, she said, “if he has his hand near the gun when it goes off, he’s going for the officer’s gun.”

Brown’s blood was also found on Wilson’s gun itself, sources told the Post-Dispatch, and Brown’s tissue was found on the outside of the driver’s side of Wilson’s police vehicle.

“Someone got an injury that tore off skin and left it on the car,” Graham told the Post-Dispatch. “That fits with everything else that came out. There’s blood in the car, now skin on the car; that shows something happened right there.”

Melinek also said the autopsy did not support witnesses’ claims that Brown was shot with his hands up or while running from Wilson.

Instead, she said, Brown was facing Wilson and was shot once each in the forehead and upper right arm, and twice in the chest.

Brown was also in the head in a position that meant he was falling forward or lunging toward the shooter, said Melinek, and the shot was instantly fatal.

Melinek said a sixth shot hit Brown’s forearm and traveled from the back of the arm to the inner arm, meaning Brown’s palms were not facing Wilson and that the 18-year-old was likely not taking “standard surrender position.”

A toxicology report taken during the autopsy showed that Brown’s body tested positive for marijuana, the Post-Dispatch reports.

St. Louis County Medical Examiner Dr. Mary Case could not be reached for comment and her assistant, Dr. Gershom Norfleet, who performed the autopsy, would not comment.

A third autopsy has been ordered by federal officials, and those results have not been released. Meanwhile, the official and private autopsies agree on the number and locations of Brown’s wounds.

Pots not going to give you violent impulses, or anything like that. And while you may think abit differently while stoned, it really doesn't impair judgement to the point you'll think about taking on a cop. There is even a study that was done in New Zealand that found occasional pot users, though not heavy users, are in fewer car crashes.

Did you get your information about marijuana from a movie in high school health class by chance?

I believe you both misunderstood the point I was making and many others neglect this factor as well.

Brown knew he committed that robbery earlier in the day. He knew if he was arrested he would invariably be prosecuted for the robbery and his future would be ruined.

Brown had every motive to attack that officer as to elude capture and incarceration. I was never implying marijuana was the reason he attacked the cop. I was implying marijuana could have clouded his judgment in his perception that he could successfully overpower the cop (before he was shot) or his judgment that the officer would not shoot. ( calling the officers bluff)

Had he not been stoned, he might have realized the futility of the situation and acquiesced to the arrest.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It seems everything points to Brown being the aggressor.

Report: Official Autopsy Supports Officer in Ferguson Shooting
October 23, 2014 •
Yes, that's what the OP posted. But it's the "official" report. The "official" report can't even tell us what really happened in Roswell in '47 without contradicting itself. "Official" reports gave us Refer Madness, the Red Scare, War on Drugs, and many other things that are blatantly wrong and should not be. Since when has the government become a credible source, especially for those on the Right?
An independent autopsy though has shown there was no signs of a struggle.

I believe you both misunderstood the point I was making and many others neglect this factor as well.

Brown knew he committed that robbery earlier in the day. He knew if he was arrested he would invariably be prosecuted for the robbery and his future would be ruined.

Brown had every motive to attack that officer as to elude capture and incarceration. I was never implying marijuana was the reason he attacked the cop. I was implying marijuana could have clouded his judgment in his perception that he could successfully overpower the cop (before he was shot) or his judgment that the officer would not shoot. ( calling the officers bluff)

Had he not been stoned, he might have realized the futility of the situation and acquiesced to the arrest.
Pot does not cloud your judgement like that though. It just doesn't. Had he been a tweeker who just got his fix, then you'd have a point. With pot, no. And just because you test positive for pot doesn't mean you have been high recently. THC stays in the system for about a month, so the last time he was high could have been the same day, it could have been three weeks before.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So, basically, in a nutshell, we are no closer to knowing what actually happened then we were when it happened?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
So, basically, in a nutshell, we are no closer to knowing what actually happened then we were when it happened?
That sure seems to be the case.

And at this point I think it is pretty clear what will happen. The grand jury will opt to not indict the officer (they hardly ever do). This will cause a new wave of protests, even more violent and destructive then the last wave. Eventually things will calm down again, and then another officer will kill another unarmed teen.

Rinse and repeat.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

And at this point I think it is pretty clear what will happen. The grand jury will opt to not indict the officer (they hardly ever do). This will cause a new wave of protests, even more violent and destructive then the last wave. Eventually things will calm down again, and then another officer will kill another unarmed teen.

Rinse and repeat.

100% agreed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Rinse and repeat.
Probably. You would have thought we would have learned we needed police to be held more accountable for their actions after the 90's and the LA riots, but we've only held them less accountable since.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq

From the quoted forensic scientist:

Later that day, Melinek told msnbc that her words had been partly misconstrued.

Melinek said that she had compared the forensic evidence included in the official autopsy report and Wilson’s statements and found them consistent.

Since the report indicated the wound to Brown’s right thumb was close and in line to the barrel of Wilson’s gun when it discharged, it could mean he had been reaching for the gun.

“I’m not saying that Brown going for the gun is the only explanation. I’m saying the officer said he was going for the gun and the right thumb wound supports that,” she said. “I have limited information. It could also be consistent with other scenarios. That’s the important thing. That’s why the witnesses need to speak to the grand jury and the grand jury needs to hear all the unbiased testimony and compare those statements to the physical evidence.”

Darren Wilson

Yes, that's what the OP posted. But it's the "official" report. The "official" report can't even tell us what really happened in Roswell in '47 without contradicting itself. "Official" reports gave us Refer Madness, the Red Scare, War on Drugs, and many other things that are blatantly wrong and should not be. Since when has the government become a credible source, especially for those on the Right?
An independent autopsy though has shown there was no signs of a struggle.

Pot does not cloud your judgement like that though. It just doesn't. Had he been a tweeker who just got his fix, then you'd have a point. With pot, no. And just because you test positive for pot doesn't mean you have been high recently. THC stays in the system for about a month, so the last time he was high could have been the same day, it could have been three weeks before.
We are not talking about UFO's though.But you are correct.The Gov's word is pretty much caca.

averageJOE

zombie

Rinse and repeat.

And the only way to prevent such madness is convict people of crimes regardless of where the evidence points as to not cause violent protests!

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
And the only way to prevent such madness is convict people of crimes regardless of where the evidence points as to not cause violent protests!
Who said that?

Regardless of the cops innocence or guilt, statistics show it is unlikely he will be indicted, even if he is guilty of a crime.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who said that?

Regardless of the cops innocence or guilt, statistics show it is unlikely he will be indicted, even if he is guilty of a crime.
This case makes for a good argument on why the police should have dash board and body cams at all times, always recording, and always transmitting data that cannot be decrypted or tampered with by anyone except a third disinterested party. It would probably be one of the greatest tools to help protect the police because it would become much harder for someone who assaults a cop to get away with it. It would also do wonders to help protect the public, and solve issues, because we would know what happened between Brown and Wilson.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing

Rinse and repeat.
Looks like people are already preparing for STHTF.
Ferguson mayor: Protests possible over grand jury - CNN.com