• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Autopsy analysis of Michael Brown

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I too have been looking for facts. In fact, many many people have been (it's not just those who really want to believe Brown deserved to die because he apparently is a "POS thug". Although from some of the comments here about the nature of the protests, since none of y'all have been there (and I HAVE), it might do to ask me or somebody who has been present there how things really were in regards to the crowd reactions and behaviors.

Hey, I'm just looking forward to getting a new TV. I'm not overly political about stuff.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Or, maybe not.
What We Learned from an Independent Autopsy of Michael Brown
An independent, preliminary autopsy performed on the body of Michael Brown shows that the 18-year-old was shot “at least six times,” according to Dr. Michael M. Baden, formerly the chief medical examiner for the City of New York, one of two experts who performed the autopsy.
../.
Brown was shot twice in the head, the examination showed: one bullet “entered just above the right eyebrow,” the other “to the very top of the head.” Brown was most likely bending over when the last shot was fired.
The autopsy did not reveal signs of a struggle, Dr. Baden said, which casts doubt on an earlier statement by police that a struggle between Brown and Wilson precipitated Brown’s shooting. Police have said Brown forced his way inside Wilson’s cruiser, where Wilson shot at Brown for the first time.
Dr. Baden said he found no gunpowder residue on Brown’s skin, which could mean that the muzzle of Wilson’s gun was “at least one or two feet away” from Brown when he was shot. However, Dr. Baden was adamant that he would need to examine Brown’s clothing for gunpowder residue to make a conclusive finding.
Though there is contradicting reports, but your sources source is making a deal over Brown testing positive for marijuana, which is entirely irrelevant to the case. And it's the official autopsy by the state. Those tend to be notoriously biased, and the official handling of a case here in Indiana almost got a cop of the hook when he was drunk on duty and hit and killed a guy on a motorcycle. Your sources source is also making a fuss over Brown testing positive for marijuana, even though it is entirely irrelevant to the case.

I too have been looking for facts. In fact, many many people have been (it's not just those who really want to believe Brown deserved to die because he apparently is a "POS thug". Although from some of the comments here about the nature of the protests, since none of y'all have been there (and I HAVE), it might do to ask me or somebody who has been present there how things really were in regards to the crowd reactions and behaviors.
How dare you suggest we use logic, reason, and get information straight from the horses mouth instead of assuming all of the protestors are POS themselves.:rolleyes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Or, maybe not.
What We Learned from an Independent Autopsy of Michael Brown
Though there is contradicting reports, but your sources source is making a deal over Brown testing positive for marijuana, which is entirely irrelevant to the case. And it's the official autopsy by the state. Those tend to be notoriously biased, and the official handling of a case here in Indiana almost got a cop of the hook when he was drunk on duty and hit and killed a guy on a motorcycle. Your sources source is also making a fuss over Brown testing positive for marijuana, even though it is entirely irrelevant to the case.

How dare you suggest we use logic, reason, and get information straight from the horses mouth instead of assuming all of the protestors are POS themselves.:rolleyes:

Well, you know, apparently people like to "wait for the facts" until it shows why the death was legitimate, at least in their eyes. Any other pieces of information will be dismissed until there is an official explanation why Brown deserved to die.

Any questioning of police action is okay as long as it's a militarized response (as people can easily see in the police state thread). Oh, tear gas and assault rifles are sexy to complain about, but once the riot gear and rubber bullets and tanks are out of sight, the same police officers are never to be questioned in their integrity once day-to-day interactions with the same neighborhood. Once there's any questioning of an officer killing an unarmed black male and suddenly it's RACE CARD, WAIT FOR THE FACTS, WHITE GUILT, HE'S A POS THUG AND GOT WHAT HE DESERVED.

Basically, riot gear = police state! Grrr! (oh noes). 4 unarmed black males killed by police every month = crickets (hey, police aren't to blame, right?).

How easily people forget all the facts from all various sources of forensics once Wilson decided to speak to a grand jury.

Wow, history isn't being re-written so soon is it? To my knowledge most commenters were saying Officer Wilsons's story should be given the benefit of doubt until all the facts come out because he (Brown) apparently is a "POS thug".

:facepalm:

Unless I am crazy, but don't drugs impair your judgment? Can't you get DWI because it impairs you ability to operate a motor vehicle?

I am not naïve to compare marijuana to say PCP as to falsely assume Brown thought he was Superman and could deflect bullets. But I do think it could be a factor where Brown, being stoned, misjudged his perceived speed or ability to commandeer Wilsons weapon before Wilson could open fire.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wow, history isn't being re-written so soon is it? To my knowledge most commenters were saying Officer Wilsons's story should be given the benefit of doubt until all the facts come out because he (Brown) apparently is a "POS thug".

Unless I am crazy, but don't drugs impair your judgment? Can't you get DWI because it impairs you ability to operate a motor vehicle?

I am not naïve to compare marijuana to say PCP as to falsely assume Brown thought he was Superman and could deflect bullets. But I do think it could be a factor where Brown, being stoned, misjudged his perceived speed or ability to commandeer Wilsons weapon before Wilson could open fire.
Pots not going to give you violent impulses, or anything like that. And while you may think abit differently while stoned, it really doesn't impair judgement to the point you'll think about taking on a cop. There is even a study that was done in New Zealand that found occasional pot users, though not heavy users, are in fewer car crashes.
Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence
Evidence of marijuana’s culpability in on-road driving accidents is much less convincing. Although cannabis intoxication has been shown to mildly impair psychomotor skills, this impairment does not appear to be severe or long lasting. In driving simulator tests, this impairment is typically manifested by subjects decreasing their driving speed and requiring greater time to respond to emergency situations.
Nevertheless, this impairment does not appear to play a significant role in on-road traffic accidents. A 2002 review of seven separate studies involving 7,934 drivers reported, “Crash culpability studies have failed to demonstrate that drivers with cannabinoids in the blood are significantly more likely than drug-free drivers to be culpable in road crashes.” This result is likely because subject under the influence of marijuana are aware of their impairment and compensate for it accordingly, such as by slowing down and by focusing their attention when they know a response will be required. This reaction is just the opposite of that exhibited by drivers under the influence of alcohol, who tend to drive in a more risky manner proportional to their intoxication.

To take a guess, the one site probably only mentioned it to attack Brown's character.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, you know, apparently people like to "wait for the facts" until it shows why the death was legitimate, at least in their eyes. Any other pieces of information will be dismissed until there is an official explanation why Brown deserved to die.
I'm not clear on the above. Are you derisively mocking people who want to
wait for settled facts before making a judgement about anyone's culpability?
The alternative would be to decide based upon initial reporting. Bad idea.

Any questioning of police action is okay as long as it's a militarized response (as people can easily see in the police state thread). Oh, tear gas and assault rifles are sexy to complain about, but once the riot gear and rubber bullets and tanks are out of sight, the same police officers are never to be questioned in their integrity once day-to-day interactions with the same neighborhood. Once there's any questioning of an officer killing an unarmed black male and suddenly it's RACE CARD, WAIT FOR THE FACTS, WHITE GUILT, HE'S A POS THUG AND GOT WHAT HE DESERVED.
Basically, riot gear = police state! Grrr! (oh noes). 4 unarmed black males killed by police every month = crickets (hey, police aren't to blame, right?).

How easily people forget all the facts from all various sources of forensics once Wilson decided to speak to a grand jury.
This is even less clear.
Whom are you decrying?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I'm sorry, have you not seen some of the comments about him and the community of Ferguson here on RF in early to mid-August? Just to update you, many Wilson supporters often will describe Brown as "no angel", "a POS thug", a "bully", or a "criminal."

Many will often also discuss how he should not be called a "kid" or a "gentle giant." Even though other 18 year olds either here or elsewhere will be described by these very same people as "kids" because of their immaturity or life experience.

So, no, my post isn't jumping the gun. It's referring to past conversations I've had here and elsewhere when I dared ask for the facts. Typically, I have been met with justification for killing Brown by people who SAY they want to wait for all the facts, but when facts are presented, they'll keep waiting until Wilson says there was an altercation....even though the independent autopsy results offered no evidence of any altercation on Brown's body and no gunshot residue.

And then the comments about rioting and looting. The counter chants of "Pants up, don't loot!" Funny how white people will riot at West Virginia U, or at the Pumpkinfest in New England, or pretty much most major wins in football, and nobody talks about how that's the result of fatherless homes or symptomatic of gang culture or chronic unemployment.

But watch out for Mystic playing the "race card" in 3...2...1...

Shadow Wolf explained it well. I encourage you to read it if you are looking to understand.

adi2d

Did you get your information about marijuana from a movie in high school health class by chance?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm not clear on the above. Are you derisively mocking people who want to
wait for settled facts before making a judgement about anyone's culpability?
The alternative would be to decide based upon initial reporting. Bad idea.

This is even less clear.
Whom are you decrying?

I look for facts too.

Like forensics, autopsy reports, fingerprint evidence. Etc

I also came here to call out the comments that are blatantly derisive about the community.

Consider this my way of slapping you:...of which you know the nature of the joke you made.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I look for facts too.
Like forensics, autopsy reports, fingerprint evidence. Etc
I also came here to call out the comments that are blatantly derisive about the community.
Consider this my way of slapping you:...of which you know the nature of the joke you made.
Okey dokey.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Seeing as how you're a white supremacist, you'd probably think that, regardless. You've made your hatred for black people clear.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Seems there is more information being "leaked", even eyewitness accounts that support Officer Wilson's statement.

Evidence supports officer
And eyewitness accounts have varied widely. However, we do have a pile of forensic evidence which supports Brown's case. People can say what they want, but when the evidence suggest Brown was several feet away from Wilson, when the forensics show us that Brown did not even touch Wilson's gun, when it show's us there wasn't even an altercation, we are reminded that eyewitness accounts, from a legal and social perspective, are not the strongest forms of evidence. The eyewitness accounts have also been changing since this whole thing started, so I wouldn't give them much credit.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The eyewitness accounts have also been changing since this whole thing started, so I wouldn't give them much credit.
[/QUOTE]

All of them or just the ones you don't agree with?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We see evidence presented in the media:
- For Brown & against Wilson
- For Wilson & against Brown
How can we possibly pick a side until this discrepancy is resolved?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
We see evidence presented in the media:
- For Brown & against Wilson
- For Wilson & against Brown
How can we possibly pick a side until this discrepancy is resolved?

Pretty much what I said in post #18. I'm not sure we'll ever have the whole truth and nothing but the truth.